SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

I’m back to my stockish KSP installation, migrated to 1.3.

Starting to have a large fleet of (big) vessels, I decided I needed a space port to host them around Kerbin.

hP3VI8T.png

A full album with some pictures from the launch is below

On 5/28/2017 at 11:15 PM, lovec1990 said:

^^ what is the part count of this thing?

It's 183 parts. It isn't large, about 20 meters high, 16 meters wide (at the widest point), and 11 meters long. I have a slightly larger vehicle called the "Duna Colonization Vehicle" that I'm currently fueling up for a Duna flight.

On 6/11/2017 at 11:36 PM, vuonmatong said:

Yaaaaa. I'm building up my first space station at the moment...

Welcome to the forums, and that's a cool first station.

oyLFS2Z.png

Home base. A mash of various other station components. Dock is shared with the SAS blocks, Docking bays from a depot, crew from a freight modification, comms are from a science ship, and the ring is newly built. Only 8 launches surprisingly.

Edited by Spartwo

On 6/17/2017 at 9:00 PM, Spartwo said:

oyLFS2Z.png

Home base. A mash of various other station components. Dock is shared with the SAS blocks, Docking bays from a depot, crew from a freight modification, comms are from a science ship, and the ring is newly built. Only 8 launches surprisingly.

How are you getting the ring and hangar structures to form a closed loop?  Also, what is the part count?

Edited by captainb
forgot to ask about part count

The orginal Pi-Lab was lost due to the kraken and lack of quicksave.The second Pi-Lab was lost in an update accedent(1.3 cough cough), so this is the only picture i have. i think its stock except for mechjeb. its very small compared to you guys, but im terible at game so...pGWbHjR.png

Well with my return to KSP I have a built a new version of my Freedom Station using Near Future's epic truss system. Will probably expand but I do like the way it is now. All built using Inigma's shuttle. 

This is more spaceplane than space station at this point...

The station relies heavily on p-tanks. The ice cream cone looking part is a bunch 8 MMUs using the two man external seat from SXT. They're good for going places, but also they can reenter in a pinch. There are two smaller spaceplanes used for emergency reentry only, they only have about 500dv each. They could also be used to get to other stations.

The larger skylon-ish spaceplanes can be configured for fuel, cargo, or passengers. The two pictured are the former two. Each one is capable of FULLY refueling the entire space station in one go.

On 7/1/2017 at 3:41 AM, lolstock said:

This is more spaceplane than space station at this point...

Those are some big spaceplanes. The solution, of course, is to add some bigger modules to the station. A spaceplane fuel depot, perhaps? That way you could vastly extend the range of your spaceplanes (and maybe send up an easily-detachable NTR module if the planes don't already have nuclear engines).

On 6/27/2017 at 7:18 PM, Jeb12345 said:

The orginal Pi-Lab was lost due to the kraken and lack of quicksave.The second Pi-Lab was lost in an update accedent(1.3 cough cough), so this is the only picture i have. i think its stock except for mechjeb. its very small compared to you guys, but im terible at game so...pGWbHjR.png

Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. And that one sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that’s what you’re going to get, Son, the strongest castle in all of England. :D