Gel Thruster Hybrid

CarolRawley

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2390.0;attach=2568;image

I present to you, the Gel Thruster.

A cross of solid and liquid engine, the gel booster is fairly useful, and cheaper than a liquid.

It uses fuel tanks, but is not as thrust variable as liquid fuel, and, most importantly, is cheaper!

Warning! Technical Backstory:

The gel booster uses a can of Unobtainum AbsolutebloodybullsitideTM to convert liquid fuel and an internal decaying solid fuel core into a new sustained explosive gel, perfect for sustained unit propulsion, but is unstable, and slightly reliant on extreme user caution. Will slowly overheat, and there is nothing you can do about it...

But is cheaper!

Makes a good, mostly balanced engine type addition to the stock part repertoire.

But is annoying to use.

But is cheaper!

BTW, I BORROWED NUCLEAR ENGINE MOD'S TEXTURE. BUT THE ENGINE PERFORMANCE IS VERY DIFFERENT.

I believe that 'Unobtainum AbsolutebloodybullsitideTM' is the future of Kerbal Rockets!

questions

how much fuel does it store

Liquid Fuel Stores 400

solid stores 100

so we talking like 250?

also

what fuel Consumption would it have.

Liquid Fuel =8

solid 4 =

so would gel be 6?

thrust?

Liquid Fuel 200

Solid 130

are we talking 150 or 180?

Finally how much will the Bloody thing weigh?

Liquid 2.5 (full) + 2 (engine

solid 1.8

gel?

im crunching numbers now to try and find the pefect balance :P

oh i see. i was under the impression you were making a Solid Booster Which has the Properties of a Liquid Engine. (i thought that the fuel tanks were part of it) silly me.

but further more does this mean you just use standard Liquid Fuel for the liquid Gel engine?

maybe your next Project could be Create a Fuel Which only works with that engine.

oh i see. i was under the impression you were making a Solid Booster Which has the Properties of a Liquid Engine. (i thought that the fuel tanks were part of it) silly me.

but further more does this mean you just use standard Liquid Fuel for the liquid Gel engine?

maybe your next Project could be Create a Fuel Which only works with that engine.

I think that multiple fuels are planned and/or tossed about. Gel fuel sounds like a hypergolic fuel. [Link][/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypergolic]

Love the name of that compound! See you put the TM with it aswell. I think less explosive fuel types should be an option in the future. Maybe ones that look at your altitude and calculate their burn efficency and so add another challenge to orbiting and being successful.

More explosive? Go get a can of CarolRawley's... unofficially TradeMarked compound. I must not mention it's name by threat of legal (unofficial) action and EDS (early death syndrome).

THATS RIGHT YOU WONT MENTION IT! THE LAST PERSON WHO USED MY TRADEMARK NAME ENDED UP BATTLING THE KERBOKAUR!!!!!!!

1287371524_1440x900_big-monster.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.