Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

MacTee i downloaded your version and now my KSP didn´t want to load :huh:

The version uploaded only includes the part cfg files and not the models or textures; causing KSP to freeze on loading. I can't find a version with all of the updated parts anywhere since the forum went down and the version on the first page of this thread is outdated as well. If anyone knows where to find them that would be very helpful.

I know it mentions this issue in the OP but is there any fix for the crash when you have Mechjeb/ISA Satmap and the Kethane addon?

Also, if it is in the 100 some pages of this thread I sincerely apologize. I read through the first ten or so and figured this way would be faster.

Whenever I try to launch something with the Kethane Controller, Kerbin doesn't even spawn, I'm stuck looking at a beautiful starry nightscape, which albeit is aesthetically pleasing, but this addon excites the hell out of me and I want to start my mining enterprise :D.

Thanks for the assist.

I seem to be having trouble getting it to work. I've landed a massive refinery with all the parts on a spot on Mun that has the stuff (found with a satellite, and a detector onboard confirms this). If I deploy the drills, I get the jets of gas, etc- but I can't seem to check the tanks for how full they are (don't show up on the resource bar, right clicking them does nothing- the design uses a medium tank, if it matters), and telling the converter to convert doesn't do anything. Even if I run it for ages and timewarp quite fast, the detectors don't show the amount available in the source dropping.

I've seen mentioned a few times that there is supposed to be a brain / control part for the pack, but it doesn't seem to exist in the version I got from the nabaal.net dl link, either, so I'm assuming it must not exist anymore.

I just installed Kethane with 0.19.1, and although the scanner seems to work I don't have any kind of in-game displays that show me where the deposits are. The .pngs in the Kethane PluginData folder get drawn on, but nothing in game that I can find. Any ideas?

Edited by notasurgeon

I just installed Kethane with 0.19.1, and although the scanner seems to work I don't have any kind of in-game displays that show me where the deposits are. The .pngs in the Kethane PluginData folder get drawn on, but nothing in game that I can find. Any ideas?

Right click one of the scanners and on the dropdown menu select "show map"

Of course all you'll see at first is a dot, you have to turn the scanner on from the right click menu or the action groups functionality and let the satellite scan for a while.

I'm a bit confused with the converter unit. Am I supposed to place the fuel tanks directly on it? I've got some RCS tanks radially attached to it, and the monopropellant conversion works fine.

However, there are some liquid fuel tanks under those RCS tanks, and I cannot seem to get the conversion working for them.

I'm a bit confused with the converter unit. Am I supposed to place the fuel tanks directly on it? I've got some RCS tanks radially attached to it, and the monopropellant conversion works fine.

However, there are some liquid fuel tanks under those RCS tanks, and I cannot seem to get the conversion working for them.

KSP doesn't (currently) support refilling tanks, so what the Kethane mod does is consume a negative amount of resources. To get it to work, you'll need to set up the fuel flow like you would for an engine. So if it's stacked, you'll want it below the fuel tank. If it's radial, you'll want the fuel line going from the tank to the converter. Converters are flow-through parts, too, so you can just place engines below them.

Another option I have found is if you have the Fuel Balancer mod installed if your turn it on before you start converting Kethane it will automatically start filling all empty tanks evenly. (though I still recommend having at least 1 small tank attached to the converter to be safe).

I'm trying to get my Kethane production started, too. But right now, it doesn't work.

Right now I got some Kethane mined. The Kethane was automatically transported to the Kethane tank, though the drills didn't touch it and there were other parts than fuel tanks between the drills and the Kethane tank.

Then comes the converter. The drills are attached to this one, but there is no connection between the tank and the converter. I suppose there has to be a line from the Kethane tank to the converter.

I tried to produce both liquid fuel and monopropellant. Both didn't work. No connection between converter and liquid fuel tanks, so that one is a no-brainer. I need fuel lines. The converter had direct contact with my monopropellant tanks, so I suspect the problem lies with the connection between the Kethane tank and the converter.

I suspect the stuff flows this way:

Drill

- no connector necessary

Kethane tank

- direct contact or fuel line to

Converter

- direct contact or fuel line from

Liquid or monopropellant tanks

Is that about right?

I'm trying to get my Kethane production started, too. But right now, it doesn't work.

Right now I got some Kethane mined. The Kethane was automatically transported to the Kethane tank, though the drills didn't touch it and there were other parts than fuel tanks between the drills and the Kethane tank.

Then comes the converter. The drills are attached to this one, but there is no connection between the tank and the converter. I suppose there has to be a line from the Kethane tank to the converter.

I tried to produce both liquid fuel and monopropellant. Both didn't work. No connection between converter and liquid fuel tanks, so that one is a no-brainer. I need fuel lines. The converter had direct contact with my monopropellant tanks, so I suspect the problem lies with the connection between the Kethane tank and the converter.

I suspect the stuff flows this way:

Drill

- no connector necessary

Kethane tank

- direct contact or fuel line to

Converter

- direct contact or fuel line from

Liquid or monopropellant tanks

Is that about right?

Here is my orbiting refinery ...

KethaneRefinary01.jpg

As you see I have a adapter attached to the top of the converter with a docking port on top. Because all of these parts allow fuel flow through them the converter acts as if their fuel lines. As such no matter what I am making, Liquid fuel, monoprop, oxidizer, or whatever it will flow though the parts into the empty/low tanks. I also use the Fuel Balancer mod to fill them evenly to prevent the station from listing in one direction or another while doing the conversion.

Hope that helps.

put a small 2.5 meter flat tank on top of the converter then run the fuel lines from that out to your other thanks, Add the fuel balancer mod so when you're converting it will fill all your tanks, without that once the attached tank gets full it will stop making fuel unless you manually connect it.

This is my miner

KethaneMiner.jpg

It was a craft file I got as part of the Space Station Kit from Spaceport Link - http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-4-space-station-kit-2/ I modded it with Fuel Balancer and batteries from the Hybrid+Ion pack mod. But the way it's laid out is simple, Small converter on top, not attached to a tank, fuel lines run from it to a fuel crossfeed capable truss, more fuel lines run from the truss into a flat 2.5 meter tank, then from that tank out to the 4 tanks my engines are attached to. Again the fuel balancer mod makes sure all tanks fill evenly while I'm converting. I also have a Quantum Fuel Transfer mod on it so I can land a tanker next to it and produce fuel and ship it up directly if I want, as well as a Merlins Kethane transfer device on it so I could fill other kethane tanks. (Still playing around with how exactly I want to run this)

One thing I'd like to see in a future update: A simple, very light, radially-attachable GPS-like device that shows the scanner map. Would be quite handy for those of us who still fly things manually and don't want to attach a kethane scanner to our miners just to see where the deposits are.

Also, is kethane itself effectively massless?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.