A tip! (PHYSICAL WARP IN SPACE)

The Destroyer

lol I just posted this in the 'flipping rockets' thread in how-to section like half an hour ago. :P

alt+wasd also adjusts your trim in planes (never tried in rockets but is probably the same)

alt+ left click in the editor, either VAB or SPH duplicates the part you click on, (and any parts connected that are lower on the 'tree')

Everything but the physical warp keys are in the wiki.. the physical warp just came with this patch so the wiki hasn't caught up yet.

Another 'tip' that isn't documented is, if your in space, and want to kill your ships rotation instantly, you can switch to 5x non-physical time warp then right back to 1x.

Edited by Qumefox

Yeah, i knew the mapping @50x thing. But changing to polar orbit and back with an ion engine @1x takes forever :)

Don't do that. It's generally more economical to make a transfer burn to do a flyby past another body (usually a moon) and let its gravity pull you around into a path that returns to the starting body, allowing you to establish a polar orbit on arrival.

And when approaching a new body to map, always aim for the poles rather than the equator... this will give you a polar orbit essentially for free.

Don't do that. It's generally more economical to make a transfer burn to do a flyby past another body (usually a moon) and let its gravity pull you around into a path that returns to the starting body, allowing you to establish a polar orbit on arrival.

And when approaching a new body to map, always aim for the poles rather than the equator... this will give you a polar orbit essentially for free.

Erm, I rely heavily on Mechjeb... How?

• 1 year later...
perhaps stickying a "ksp secret hotkeys" thread would prevent this kind of necro, and help new players learn?

Good idea, I'm my option, it took me 2 years to realise that shift-tab brought me straight back to my ship, rather than having to switch through all the different planets.

Good idea, I'm my option, it took me 2 years to realise that shift-tab brought me straight back to my ship, rather than having to switch through all the different planets.

Backspace does that. Shift+Tab just lists them backwards.

WHAAAAA?.. I just realised that after two years, of failed missions due to shift-tab'ing and burning to where my rocket is pointing :D