Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

A couple more pics from "Life on Duna"

The Duna Botanical Science Center. The complex is pressurized, and watered. Soon we'll know if any weeds start growing!

5UnBKSG.jpg

Meanwhile back on Kerbin... a new 5 year journey! To go where no Kerbal has gone before!

vWmsvzd.jpg

Val and Bill head out to Duna with the first VTOL Jeep delivery!

BogAhBr.jpg

Val stopped to check out the sights!

SP29RVC.jpg

Jeb, pulling 12g turns just 500m from the deck in the new A-235 'Hammerhead' built just for Duna.MUjcODC.jpg

I was doing a course correction for one of my relays in geosynchronous orbit, when I angled my camera, by coincidence, to perfectly fit all the planets (besides Dres :(), and Minmus in one screenshot. I opened up my map to see if they were lined up correctly, and sure enough, the planets corresponded to the order in this image. You can slightly tell the different colors of each planet, too.

7dkT3TT.png

More dumping, the result of me playing around with skybox lighting and reentry visual mods (during a new career mode)

WA1o0a9.jpg

WXW4Gw1.jpg

HzdORt2.jpg

pTaZ7FY.jpg

3epD5Qw.jpg

ngmERZc.jpg

It's pretty damn blue so I might change it but I quite like how it looks at times :D

Edited by Joltout

I initially posted these pics in the SVE thread as a way to thank to Galileo, blackrack and Waz, etc. for their visual mods but wanted to share here too as they show how awesome KSP is (and how awesome the modding community is).  I had not seen this thread until today so I think this is where they belong.  Enjoy....  

The setting: Jeb Jr. is on his final descent after a mundane repair mission, he is running low on snacks.  The sun has just set on the KSC and the krickets are coming out for their usual cacophonic symphony.  Jeb Jr. looks out his tiny window and sees the most amazing and colorful clouds while crossing thru the terminator into night….he quickly grabs his Kolaroid camera and snaps off a few pics (which btw is not standard KSP protocol, statute 17.7, subsection 34a).  Fortunately, the Kolaroid takes a few minutes to develop the pics so he remembers to pull the parachute cord in time this time.  

I also really dig how the ‘city lights’ look like swamps reflecting the last ambient light of the day in pics below. 

Looking West on way down to the KSC...

hM8wqQY.png

Looking North...

kSifKRT.png

Looking SW...

vmsLdW7.png

Jeb Jr. remembers he has a parachute, lands just West of the KSC snack machine... 

L1MQcIi.png

Edited by Red Stapler

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

@Munbro Kerman, was that made possible by a visual effects mod? Because I haven't seen anything that wasn't already in my current SOI for several game versions. 

Yes, the mods that were used are scatterer, Distant Object, EVE, SVE, and Galileo's sunflares. Turns out that when you position your camera to face the sun, the surrounding stars and galaxies fade out.

CNN recently put up this NCAA 'bracket spaceship header thingy' on their website and it reminded me of something that could be built in KSP/assembled in orbit (should you feel so silly or have tons of time on your hands).  LOL, I wonder what engines they used....

mIJQczs.png

:)

Edited by Red Stapler