Postcards from Laythe - Cancelled indefinately

chobit-389

Regarding the Kerbal in the lower left of the picture... Is her name by chance Chell? I'm guessing this based off of the fact that Her pants are orange and she has a coat thing tied around her waist, as Chell did in Portal.

Regarding the Kerbal in the lower left of the picture... Is her name by chance Chell? I'm guessing this based off of the fact that Her pants are orange and she has a coat thing tied around her waist, as Chell did in Portal.

No, her name is Nadari, here is an image I made for you:

0QRfl0Zl.jpg

Unless, of course, I'm wrong, in which case Chobit will probably smite me with a mighty SRB (or some other large weapon).

Have you ever thought about trying kerbal faces?

You know what! THATS BRILLIANT!!! Why didn't I think of that?! It's so obvious! Throwing away everything that makes my art unique on this forum will surely bring everyone running!

Sarcasm as thick as liquid osmium aside, let me demonstrate why that is a terrible idea:

derp1_by_valhalla_studios-d631mcu.png

I apologize for the delay in the next image, I've been working on streamlining my style and inventing new ways to draw the eyes and various other physical characteristics. (I'm always in a state of artistic experimentation)

Unless, of course, I'm wrong, in which case Chobit will probably smite me with a mighty SRB (or some other large weapon).

Except in the case of me, she would just fire her mega-orbital cannon thing.

Also in the conversation about chell, she has the wrong hair and top, and they are surrounded by lots of green plants. Not wheat.

You know what! THATS BRILLIANT!!! Why didn't I think of that?! It's so obvious! Throwing away everything that makes my art unique on this forum will surely bring everyone running!

Sarcasm as thick as liquid osmium aside, let me demonstrate why that is a terrible idea:

derp1_by_valhalla_studios-d631mcu.png

I apologize for the delay in the next image, I've been working on streamlining my style and inventing new ways to draw the eyes and various other physical characteristics. (I'm always in a state of artistic experimentation)

Easy tiger, just a question...

And you are right, manga art in a kerbal forum is ... unique. I should have said actually try and draw kerbals (and now I see the example) instead of manga kerbals like your pictures, sorry I should have been more descriptive, my bad. You are a talented artist I'd love to see an actual kerbal as opposed to green Akira :)

Edited by Devo

What you see is what you get, like my second post on the original thread said. "It is easier for me to change colour palettes rather than whole physiology doctrines"

If you want game-accurate Kerbals, go talk to Sordid (Kerbal Comics), MK01 (Guy who did the game's loading screen) or 5kypainter on DeviantArt

What you see is what you get, like my second post on the original thread said. "It is easier for me to change colour palettes rather than whole physiology doctrines"

If you want game-accurate Kerbals, go talk to Sordid (Kerbal Comics), MK01 (Guy who did the game's loading screen) or 5kypainter on DeviantArt

Hey, I'm a huge manga fan, have been for decades. Personally I wish I could draw like the guy who does the cartoons for people here, like the HOME logo or the Bobcat team or historical thread stuff, he has such a great style.

<courtesy snip>

Honestly, I found that mildly amusing. Maybe if you combined it with a chibi art style, or used it for a series of reaction images...

That has been considered

Hey, I'm a huge manga fan, have been for decades. Personally I wish I could draw like the guy who does the cartoons for people here, like the HOME logo or the Bobcat team or historical thread stuff, he has such a great style.

CCCP, I haven't heard from him in ages though (We're both 2D artists for BobCat Ind.)

Except in the case of me, she would just fire her mega-orbital cannon thing.

Also in the conversation about chell, she has the wrong hair and top, and they are surrounded by lots of green plants. Not wheat.

Nah, I'd just drop a meteor on your head

Edited by chobit-389

I'm going to nitpick you here: Riess, of the fantastic comic Our Intrepid Crew was the one who did the loading screen painting of the screaming Kerbals.

And another thing, what's up with the fanfiction section of the website? It's been empty the last time I've looked, is the writer doing it all in one go or just taking a long time for the first installment?

Little bit of both, really. *blush*

Also, the moving thing that Chobit mentioned. I did get some writing done on the bus, though, so there's that. I'm really trying to get chaaracter outlines done by the start of next week, so Chobit can get artz done. Then that'll be updated on the website. Hold tight!

Originally (pre-KSP) Freya's were red, a good example being this image by my friend MeronMei, when PfL started I'd only intended to do a few images then move back to making my novel (main character is the other one in that image I linked). Then you all just had to go and make PfL SOOOOOO popular, so then I had to make more, and now that there are more characters, I've given Freya back her eye colour (mixed with grey for a 50-50 saturation) so that way everyone doesn't have grey lifeless eyes.

Until I get the character data sheets from Trekkette, EVERY character is still in a designing phase. In fact I was thinking about making Nadari's hair a lil bit more messy

Until I get the character data sheets from Trekkette, EVERY character is still in a designing phase. In fact I was thinking about making Nadari's hair a lil bit more messy

Yes, do that. It'll fit her personality. :)

So, turns out when you're the youngest of 4 kids who hasn't been home in 18+ months, you get a bit... smothered with parental love. In my family, this takes the form of being assigned house-keeping tasks. Yay me?

Plus, one of my dear friends/hopeful romantic partner is coming over later this week. Luckily, he's really interested in the PfL project and I can bounce ideas off him. So, writing continues apace. Hold tight, ya'll!