Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

3 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Oh everything else was fine. I removed that part and the Apache internal and now it runs fine.

Any chance of an exact list of what files you took out for we who don't have an earthlies what we're doing? I ache for the return of absurd Dan Daresque bomber-cockpit-as-capsule spacecraft and hooking up electric propellers to my Hooligan Labs airships.

On 5/6/2016 at 6:48 PM, Storywalker4 said:

@RoverDude Question: do you have time to breathe with all the mods you're maintaining? Or are you just secretly a robot, valiantly serving the people? Because honestly, I don't know how I'd manage human functions in your shoes.

I sleep four hours per day, have a full time job, work with squad, play in a rock band, do some mods, and am also playing single dad to two boys till the wife gets back from her army deployment.  So yeah... a bit busy :wink: 

12 hours ago, Doghead13 said:

Any chance of an exact list of what files you took out for we who don't have an earthlies what we're doing? I ache for the return of absurd Dan Daresque bomber-cockpit-as-capsule spacecraft and hooking up electric propellers to my Hooligan Labs airships.

I believe it was Firespitter/Spaces/FSapacheinternal and Firespitter/Parts/Utility/FS_movecraftgadget. I just removed each of their full folders, and then everything loaded fine.

I found something maybe related to the sound issue. In the stock parts from squad, there are new sound modules.

J-404 "Panther" Afterburning Turbofan

"

EFFECTS
    {        

running_dry
        {
            AUDIO
            {
                channel = Ship
                clip = sound_jet_low
                volume = 0.0 0.0
                volume = 0.05 0.9
                volume = 1.0 1.0
                pitch = 0.0 0.5
                pitch = 0.05 0.6
                pitch = 0.33 1.0
                pitch = 1.0 1.2
                loop = true
            }
        }

"

The Firespitter and KAX Mod are missing these parts. The rocket engines, on the other hand, don't have this, except the rapier engine, there are the effects part again.

Could you please look up this thing? I love your mod and the engines and sound :) 

Greetings

On 5/7/2016 at 0:00 AM, theonegalen said:

@RoverDude, using Firespitter and KAX on 1.1.2, I am getting a lot of NRE spam that seems to have to do with Firespitter. Here's the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ZYgATQfNhBcUJlWGlEdkR2a0k

FWIW...I'm getting the exact same NRE spam with many of the FS props as well (KAX installed also).  The custom props won't even fire up on a runway for me.  That said, I'm probably running as many or more mods than you are @theonegalen and there's absolutely no telling what's stepping on stuff with many of the old cfgs and new buggies rearing their head.  Mostly just wanted to confirm seeing this and I'll wait for more updates before seeing if this is just old stuff acting up or a conflict somewhere in my 160+ mods. :D

Is it just me or is the "FS1TG Fighter Tail Gear" going haywire as soon as they touch the ground?

There seems to be some weird physics going on. As soon as the gear touches the ground (after going from SPH to Launch for instance), it catapults the craft away through the air ... ?!

Example craft:

CAUwame.png

Just after Launch, before it touching the ground:

wPp9Lhm.png

Off it goes ...

RDI5v9O.png

Firespitter bug or mod conflicts?

Ok so a quick status update.

I'll be releasing an update today that starts the model rework.  FSWheel is going to take quite a bit of work, so I'll be doing interim wheels for now.

The biplane is the first to get it's total refresh - so please take a peek at the parts, let me know if anything funky is going down.  I'll be working through the catalog and code through attrition :P

Oh... And I added a new color scheme:

45VX7Nd.png

I think that @inigma will like it for GAP :)

Missing another seat for true rescue craft though. I'm sure that some other craft designer will come out with some fancy solutions once all parts were reworked and usable again.

Just add a second cockpit... which, I just realized... has no hatch :P  So another update later on.

Also, I noticed that GAP did not let me use the biplane for barnstorming contracts.  That was exceptionally saddening.

Well, I'm sure that Inigma will add firespitter parts along with KAX parts for some barnstorming contracts, once firespitter is updated. That is reason for invitation to thread.

Nice to see that whole mod is updated after long time.

Hey!  Glad to see you around @Snjo !

Yep, doing a (slow but sure) texture rework while I fix up all of the models that got horribly broke with 1.1 :wink:

Also making sure all of the ailerons, etc. have the right speed and range as the originals but using the stock modules since @NathanKell made these ridiculously customizable.

19 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Well, I'm sure that Inigma will add firespitter parts along with KAX parts for some barnstorming contracts, once firespitter is updated. That is reason for invitation to thread.

Nice to see that whole mod is updated after long time.

I'd say @inigma can add those now.  the new part set has updated names to prevent breaking legacy craft, so please use the new ones.  

I haven't looked at the game for so long that I have no idea how the stock game's modules work any more.

Did the issue with ailerons flapping when the CoM starts matching the wing's position get fixed too? Can you set an aileron's function independent of its position on the vessel?

Edited by Snjo

14 minutes ago, Snjo said:

I haven't looked at the game for so long that I have no idea how the stock game's modules work any more.

Did the issue with ailerons flapping when the CoM starts matching the wing's position get fixed too? Can you set an aileron's function independent of its position on the vessel?

Yes.  Sort of.  You can invert it's direction.  There is also an option for a hard deployment instead of Pitch, Roll, and Yaw, which can be tied to action groups.  That allows you to have single position flaps, and lift dumpers.

Edited by Alshain

17 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I'd say @inigma can add those now.  the new part set has updated names to prevent breaking legacy craft, so please use the new ones.  

Can you pm me a copy of your biplane so I can test it with GAP 1.2.4 barnstorming contracts?

9 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Ok so a quick status update.

I'll be releasing an update today that starts the model rework.  FSWheel is going to take quite a bit of work, so I'll be doing interim wheels for now.

The biplane is the first to get it's total refresh - so please take a peek at the parts, let me know if anything funky is going down.  I'll be working through the catalog and code through attrition :P

Oh... And I added a new color scheme:

45VX7Nd.png

are u like, helping support development of firespitter, or maintaining it? 

I found some bugs in the new FireSpitter biplane textures. You can see that there's a weird tan patch on the red and brown cockpit textures, and a weird set of faint grid lines on the red, brown and green cockpit textures. Also, all the cockpit textures are a bit lighter in shade than the rest of the fuselage's texture for the same color scheme.

The tan patch on the secondary green one is by design (see Sopwith Camel color schemes).

Not all of the oblong bits have been finished, so likely some seam issues there.  The red one should not have tan bits tho.  And those grid lines are scratches in the cloth :P

Just took the 'Investigate the Island Runway' contract and thought, "Hey, I can use RoverDude's new Bi-Plane to do that." Built it up, flies like and absolute dream, holding level with no input all the way over to the island even in phys-warp. Great stuff... landed... clicked EVA. Cried. :( 

zBJww5V.png

21 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Just add a second cockpit... which, I just realized... has no hatch :P  So another update later on.

Came here to read that you have already suffered the agony of no EVA hatch. :D Glad to see you've got it down on the to-do. 

However, I'm really enjoying flying this little beauty, even if Jeb is stuck in the cockpit.

Edited by Poodmund

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.