Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

4 hours ago, ethanwdp said:

On Firespitter's github (and its forks), there's a "for release" folder. Assuming that the pull requests put the built .dll in there (instead of forgetting to replace the old one), you might be able to just mosey on over to one of the pull requests and grab the DLL from there, then just plop it into your Firespitter folder. Of course, this'll void your warranty :wink:

2 minutes ago, Yoshidude said:

WARNING the DLL isn't auto-complied so even though I made the changes, they won't show up in a way you can use them in game until RD officially updates (my PR only changed the .cs files not the .dll)

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

15 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

WARNING the DLL isn't auto-complied so even though I made the changes, they won't show up in a way you can use them in game until RD officially updates (my PR only changed the .cs files not the .dll)

I made sure to put the compiled DLL in the For Release folder on my PR, so hopefully that'll be a good stopgap until if/when it gets merged into the main build.

5 hours ago, ethanwdp said:

On Firespitter's github (and its forks), there's a "for release" folder. Assuming that the pull requests put the built .dll in there (instead of forgetting to replace the old one), you might be able to just mosey on over to one of the pull requests and grab the DLL from there, then just plop it into your Firespitter folder. Of course, this'll void your warranty :wink:

It does not quite work this way :wink:  By the time you see something compiled there - there would have been a new release.

On 5/25/2017 at 9:23 PM, RoverDude said:

FYI - 1.3 compatible core DLL is available for the folks that need it.  I'll push an official (complete) release tomorrow along with a new thread.

RoverDude, I can't seem to locate where you have posted the KSP 1.3 compatible core DLL file. Could you, or anyone else who knows, please post a link? Thanks!

Edited by GJNelson

6 hours ago, GJNelson said:

RoverDude, I can't seem to locate where you have posted the KSP 1.3 compatible core DLL file. Could you, or any else who knows, please post a link? Thanks!

I'm also unable to locate it.. the github page still has 7.5.1 .. CKAN is actually complaining that several modules (USI modules) want firespitter 7.6.0, and CKAN doesn't know how to get it.. from what I can tell, 7.6.0 doesn't exist anywhere, and I'm confused as to what's going on here, since CKAN has been complaining about that for a couple of days now.

7.6 is up on GitHub - if CKAN is flaky, grab it manually.

FYI - the game plan is going to be to do a bit of repo reorganization and more clearly separate the DLL from the parts, and also to put these in two separate threads to make maintenance a bit easier.  Will be sorting through that over the next day or so.

14 hours ago, ss8913 said:

CKAN is actually complaining that several modules (USI modules) want firespitter 7.6.0, and CKAN doesn't know how to get it.. from what I can tell, 7.6.0 doesn't exist anywhere, and I'm confused as to what's going on here, since CKAN has been complaining about that for a couple of days now.

The reason ckan was complaining was because we updated the usi ckan files before there was an official Firespitter release. All should be good now

CKAN is ok now for firespitter, but it does NOT like the USI modules in general.. MKS says it can't find USI core, but it's right there, and trying to install any of those throws an exception and crashes CKAN - this is on a completely refreshed gamedata/ckan with nothing else installed and everything up to date.  Firespitter seems ok though.

10 hours ago, ss8913 said:

CKAN is ok now for firespitter, but it does NOT like the USI modules in general.. MKS says it can't find USI core, but it's right there, and trying to install any of those throws an exception and crashes CKAN - this is on a completely refreshed gamedata/ckan with nothing else installed and everything up to date.  Firespitter seems ok though.

Try installing USI Core first than MKS.  I know it's a pain to do things manually, but sometimes that fixes the problems.

Maybe someone can help with this:

@BadManiac messaged me because Firespitter in combination with an MM patch in my mod and most likely some other mod crash the game when loading a certain part. The part uses TextureSwitch2:

Spoiler

@PART[SpaceXLegs-*]:NEEDS[Firespitter]:FOR[KerbalReusabilityExpansion]
{

MODULE

{

name = FStextureSwitch2

objectNames = leg;leg_mounts

textureRootFolder = KerbalReusabilityExpansion/StageLegs/

textureNames = LegTextureWhite;LegTextureBlack

textureDisplayNames = White;Black

}

}

KSP version 1.2.2

Here are his logs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By9hPIgdjL5zTUdrSGF5OUZyTE0/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By9hPIgdjL5zNXJGc0lNWFl1R2s/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By9hPIgdjL5zcElOX2FhZVV5ZE0/view?usp=sharing

Let us know if you need more information.

@EmbersArc

User has KSP 1.2.2. Firespitter.dll v7.3.6354.39102 comes with Firespitter 7.6.0 for KSP 1.3. Try Firespitter 7.5.1 instead (Firespitter.dll v7.3.6212.36331)

If that doesn't take care of it, remove the MM patch that adds FSTextureSwitch2 to the part, to help confirm or rule out FS contributing to the error.

17 hours ago, cakepie said:

@EmbersArc

User has KSP 1.2.2. Firespitter.dll v7.3.6354.39102 comes with Firespitter 7.6.0 for KSP 1.3. Try Firespitter 7.5.1 instead (Firespitter.dll v7.3.6212.36331)

If that doesn't take care of it, remove the MM patch that adds FSTextureSwitch2 to the part, to help confirm or rule out FS contributing to the error.

Seems to have worked. Thanks!

It definitely was this patch in particular. Without it it would always work just fine.

1 minute ago, Greystripe3 said:

hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a version of this mod (not just the plugin) for 1.3?

Yep, the current works in 1.3 although some of the wheels are still wonky (link is a couple of posts above yours).

Semi-related, I'll be doing more model refreshes in the coming months, with streaming on twitch :)

2 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Yep, the current works in 1.3 although some of the wheels are still wonky (link is a couple of posts above yours).

Semi-related, I'll be doing more model refreshes in the coming months, with streaming on twitch :)

Ah ok, thanks man. I expected wheels to be mucked up cause of the whole change in how wheels are done in ksp but I really need this for the propellers.

Hi!  Two questions for anyone who might know:

Does anyone know how to get the biplane parts working sanely with FAR?  I know this was an issue previously, and in fact I can see there is a MM patch for FAR on the parts, but with stock aero it tops out around 80 m/s, and with FAR it's pushing Mach 1. :D  Aero overlay shows no drag and virtually no lift.

Also, is there any way to stop FS engines from automatically starting up when nearby?  I've noticed that the FS1PRO engine (and probably others, but haven't checked) always starts up when the craft enters physics range (2.5km) even if it was left shut down.  Sometimes I like to leave craft parked at KSC (especially with KCT), but any time anything gets near I can hear the prop starting up and wasting fuel.  The stock engines don't appear to behave this way.

By the way, thanks to everyone who's contributed to this mod - it adds so much to the experience. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys i need a bit of help. How can i install the plugin only? I mean i know the plugin is the dll so i leave the /Firespitter/plugin folder in the gamedata folder but does it require anything else? Just want to make sure. The rest of the firespitter folder content i can just delete right?

4 hours ago, 7thCore said:

Guys i need a bit of help. How can i install the plugin only? I mean i know the plugin is the dll so i leave the /Firespitter/plugin folder in the gamedata folder but does it require anything else? Just want to make sure. The rest of the firespitter folder content i can just delete right?

Yeah, you should be fine with just the /Firespitter/plugin folder.

5 hours ago, 7thCore said:

Yes, Just make sure you don't change the directory path.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.