Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

I really think we should make a new forum thread...

Give Roverdude some time to organize stuff, he already have plenty on "to do" list. It will happen at some point in future,like it is anounced in this post:

• 4 weeks later...

Question. Do these propellers generate torque? Or do mods exist that add that to these propellors?

If someone doesn't understand what I mean, an airplane with a big engine at the center of the craft will have the tendency to roll when you're accelerating rapidly. A bit like reaction wheel. :confused:

Would like to use them in some FAR planes some day, create some realistic-ish planes.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎21 at 6:35 AM, Tricky14 said:

Question. Do these propellers generate torque? Or do mods exist that add that to these propellors?

If someone doesn't understand what I mean, an airplane with a big engine at the center of the craft will have the tendency to roll when you're accelerating rapidly. A bit like reaction wheel. :confused:

Would like to use them in some FAR planes some day, create some realistic-ish planes.

Well, I was using AJE and FAR yesterday, and I noticed that my A6M Zero would roll a lot when I pulled up too hard with not that much speed.

1 hour ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Well, I was using AJE and FAR yesterday, and I noticed that my A6M Zero would roll a lot when I pulled up too hard with not that much speed.

Nice, I'm impressed. I'm going to work this into some crafts. xD

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, but searching "Firespitter" takes me all over the place. 

Yesterday I built a plane that uses 6 of the Fuel Drop tanks.  Figured 600 units of liquid fuel would be plenty.  But when I went to fly it, I only had 300.

So I checked, and sure enough, even though the tank advertises 100, it only had 50.

cb8screenshot28.png

Thinking maybe it was some mod conflict or bug, I checked the cfg for the tank.  Sure enough, it was set up that way.  Was this intentional?

RESOURCE
{
 name = LiquidFuel
 amount = 100
 maxAmount = 100
}

MODULE
{
    name = FSfuelSwitch
    resourceNames = LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;MonoPropellant;ElectricCharge
    resourceAmounts = 50;50;60;200
    basePartMass = 0.25    
    tankMass = 0.5;0;0.1
}

Wondering if someone can help me figure out how to disable un-needed mesh transforms, when using a model with several switchable meshes, on more than one part.

I've got it figured out for Interstellar Fuel Switch and B9, but cant get anything to work for FS... :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 1:10 PM, Tricky14 said:

Nice, I'm impressed. I'm going to work this into some crafts. xD

Update on this, I actually found out that my aircraft was only going into a spin because the wings is stalled more than the other.

• 2 months later...

i noticed on page 105 of this thread someone posted photos of a 6 bladed helicopter rotor?(sorry quoting isn't working for me for some reason, but i'm not on my normal computer so i'm not too worried about it )  was wondering exactly how to set that up as in game? i'm only finding 2 bladed rotors and from reading the post it seems like there was some configuration rinvolved?

6 hours ago, Hs.Panda said:

i noticed on page 105 of this thread someone posted photos of a 6 bladed helicopter rotor?(sorry quoting isn't working for me for some reason, but i'm not on my normal computer so i'm not too worried about it )  was wondering exactly how to set that up as in game? i'm only finding 2 bladed rotors and from reading the post it seems like there was some configuration rinvolved?

There are a few parts where you can change their characteristics in the VAB via the PAW :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, I got this mod on CKan, but something is rather wrong.

I tried to build a simple FS1O-stuff airplane, but pretty many parts of that set are bugging out in some way or another.

The 5-blade proper flames out on the runway, the landing gear has motors that won't turn off, the landing gear brakes do not work at all, deploying the gear caused a plane to pitch-spin insanely (like multiple flips per second).

At first I suspected something between this and FAR, but the thread here only mentions the biplane parts as 'not FAR compatible'.

I also have a bunch of duplicate parts, normal ones, and identical *LEGACY* parts.

Where did I derp?

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper

@RoverDude I have found an issue that has been vexing me for a while. I used to be able to switch the textures on fairings, and I recently figured out why it did not work anymore. The below code works, on load you are using the new texture. I can't find out enough info about the old FSTextureSwitch configs to get that to switch in game.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
{

@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch
		@textureURL = DCK/Camo/fairings_diff_white
	}
}

If I try the proper method with FSTextureSwitch2 it does not work (from the DCK mod)

PART[fairingSize1]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = FStextureSwitch2
        moduleID = 1

objectNames = fairingSize1
        {
			textureNames = Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairings_diff;DCK/Camo/fairings_diff_white
			textureDisplayNames = Stock;White
        }
        nextButtonText = DCK Next
        prevButtonText = DCK Previous
        statusText = Current
        repaintableEVA = true
        showPreviousButton = true
        updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = false
        debugMode = false
        showListButton = false
    	}
}

If I try a fusion of the two, it does not work either

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
{

{
		{
			textureNames = Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairings_diff;DCK/Camo/fairings_diff_white
			textureDisplayNames = Stock;White
        }
        nextButtonText = DCK Next
        prevButtonText = DCK Previous
        statusText = Current
        repaintableEVA = true
        showPreviousButton = true
        updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = false
        debugMode = false
        showListButton = false
    	}
}

My guess is that FSTextureSwitch2 does not work the same way as FSTextureSwitch, or that the way I am trying to address it is completely wrong, any ideas?

35 minutes ago, sebi.zzr said:

Maybe you are missing the path to the textures?I hope this post will help you:

I may be, in debug stuff there are references to a FairingPanel, but I can't seem to make FSTextureSwitch2 affect the fairings in any way, while FSTextureSwitch can

So I checked the Parts-Manuel and air-requirements are intentional. So that is solved.

Just tried again with a fresh download straight from the github page, still having problems with the landing gears, the water-luanch system justed caused the plane to blow up on the runway and for some reason the FS1OC-cockpit based aircraft causes the altimeter to freeze at 0.

I also cannot find where those borkked *Legacy* marked parts are in the directory structure. Is there a version of the mod that contains only the still-working parts? Or could somebody post a list of the parts (or a link to that list in this thread, if it already exists), that can just be trashed?

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper
More bugs

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Modding Maniac said:

tried this multiple times in multiple ksp versions, bomber wheels clip into the ground, lancaster engine gear does not work, when wheels touch the ground the plane speeds up and crashes, planes constantly flip out, and texture switching rarely works

It's an old problem. Basically don't use the Firespitter wheels. The engines are massively overpowered, but they work. Everything else works alright.

17 minutes ago, Modding Maniac said:

could someone release a version without the wheels and with working engines then?

You could remove them yourself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.