Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

23 hours ago, Pappystein said:

@Murican_JebThe parts are not for a P-51.

The wings and engine you refer to are for a Supamarine Spitfire XIVc.   It is a 5 blade Rotol Propeller and the wings are true elliptical (not the Half elliptical like the P-47.)

800px-Spitfire_mark19_ps853_planform_arp

While the above picture is of a Mk19 PhotoRecon bird, you can clearly see the wing platform is the same as Firespitter as well as the 5 blade Propeller

Really? Most people sasy it is supposed to be the Mustang.

I guess we will have to ask @Snjo

7 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

@Murican_Jeb short story: if you want a particular look from a part then be prepared to model it by yourself.

I just told everyone though: 

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 7:36 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

I already have blender though...

and i have no clue on how to mod (because there are no up to date tutorials and i don't get really good advice)

37 minutes ago, StevieC said:

I'm here, but mainly waiting for the biplane cockpit to regain its crew entry/exit hatch, to allow me to use a biplane to visit the island airfield and get the full completion on the Anomaly Surveyor contract for the airstrip.

Yep, sorting that for the 1.2 release. 

can we get remastered and some new biplane parts like a gotha g iv engine and craft files also i swear murican jeb if you say "oh we will never do that cuz its useless" im just gonna go: ;.; i just want more planes and  stuff im a big wwi fan and getting the biplane strut really wood make biplanes (and triplanes) look nicer also a new set of biplane landing gear cuz in wwi the wheels were joined together by a little plank in the middle ._. that is all goodbye :sealed:

5 minutes ago, Potato3478 said:

can we get remastered and some new biplane parts like a gotha g iv engine and craft files also i swear murican jeb if you say "oh we will never do that cuz its useless" im just gonna go: ;.; i just want more planes and  stuff im a big wwi fan and getting the biplane strut really wood make biplanes (and triplanes) look nicer also a new set of biplane landing gear cuz in wwi the wheels were joined together by a little plank in the middle ._. that is all goodbye :sealed:

Well, not *all* of them were joined by a plank (a small airfoil, at that). Many/most were just simple crossbar axles.

2 hours ago, Potato3478 said:

I'm not saying it's useless.

I'm just saying we might not be able to do it.

I'm sorry if I'm makig you feel small, just pointing out some problems that might happen. Please don't be mad, I'm sorry :)

Also you can go to Airplabne plus, you can suggest some engines there

Edited by Murican_Jeb

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was looking at the FS1PRE Customizable Electric Propeller engine (because I want to create some electric props for my own mod), and noticed two odd things about it. First, the Max RPM does not have any effect on the maximum thrust and isn't persistent between editor and flight. Second, if there is no throttle the engine does not consume any power, despite its thrust supposedly coming from blade pitch rather than RPM, as the trailer video suggests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaDtf06-KcQ&feature=youtu.be&t=3m58s

Has anyone else experienced these things? I was testing in KSP 1.1.0 (that's still my main modding install until 1.2 arrives) with FS 7.2.1 , so maybe it is fixed now?

Alternatively, is there a better Firespitter module I should be looking at for creating electric engines? I was drawn to the setup of this part because of the instant throttle response, as that would allow my parts to act like rocket engines and therefore be easy to control using VTOL mods and scripts.

@ZodiusInfuser, try to look at KAX mod. It is derived from firespitter, even required firespitter plugin, but it was updated more regulary than firespitter parts. Snjo was out of free time for proper maintenance and RoverDude does his best to maintain plugin compatibility, parts comes to second place on maintenance schedule.

I was using those electrical engines from KAX in combination with IR for some aircrafts. You can follow link in signature for craft files and pictures.

I need to do a bit more research, but it seems that Firespitters v7.3.6 Fuel-Switch module isn't working in the 1.2 pre-release. I have already eliminated a number of other mods that maybe the culprit but seems it is down to either FireSpitter or Module Manager. Initial investigations seems that Module Manager is working as intended but I still need to dig deeper.

My next test, I will make sure its not module manager with a completely fresh install with no other mods. I will report back here with my findings.

Edit: Fresh install with nothing but the Firespitter mod, using v7.3.6 and it is confirmed that the Firespitter Fuel-Switch module is indeed not working.

Edited by Haze-Zero

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.