Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

Could You bring back some old parts? Like the biplane strut? Maybe make some craft files of planes like the Fokker DR.1 or Airco Dh.2 I know I Requested this before But seriously I just want that old Biplane strut back... plus Its Hard to make a nice looking Dr.1 :/

Dear authors,

recently i tried using VTOL but found it extremely annoying. The sound is a kitchen device, not an airplane engine. How can i replace the main sound to a something different ?

I see many commented lines plus 'power' and 'engage' entities being active but changing pitch and substituting the wave files does nothing. The sound is still a deadly lawnmower.

Edited by _Astra_

The problem is VTOL part seems to pitch the original sound, twice or more.  I doubt there's a lawnmower sound in the game.

The FS folder contains nothing like this,  substituting sound_fsmustang.wav doesn't change the VTOL sound

I found also a very  strange limitation of  simultaneous sounds: i have dozens of VTOLs and whenever i move any Infernal Robotics part the VTOL noise completely disappears till the movement stops.

I have firespitter 7.5.1 from github. I have a problem. any use of firespitter landing gear results in the wheels accelerating despite motors being turned off. in fact as soon as I launch a plane with firespitter landing gear it immediately starts rolling and accelerating in reverse no less. id like to know why and if I can edit something to make it stop. nice old school landing gear that I cannot use. very frustrating. id like it to simply be a dead wheel with brake. only roll if the engine provides force.

is there anyone else in the community having this problem?

KSP v 1.2.1

firespitter v 7.5.1

12 hours ago, RoverDude said:

The wheels still need to be reworked.

It might be easier to rework firespitter wheels with KSPWheel mod from @Shadowmage than going for stock physics solution.

But, on the other hand,I have not much experience with unity game engine, so I might be wrong with this.

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

It might be easier to rework firespitter wheels with KSPWheel mod from @Shadowmage than going for stock physics solution.

But, on the other hand,I have not much experience with unity game engine, so I might be wrong with this.

As @RoverDude stated, the stock setup should work fine for those wheels.  They appear to only use a single wheel collider and fairly standard rigging, so the limitations in the stock modules shouldn't effect them too much.  KSPWheel is only needed for parts with multiple wheel colliders, non-rigidbody aligned wheel colliders, or zero-travel-suspension setups.

However, I also have intentions to create an optional patch set to enable use of those models with KSPWheel; these patches will be available as a secondary download from KSPWheels when they are available (probably a couple weeks out).  You can track the progress of them through the following issue ticket: https://github.com/shadowmage45/KSPWheel/issues/24

5 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Firespitter does not crash the game, nor did you provide a link :wink:

sorry , to clarify, no firespitter itself doesn't crash the game, ALL tweakable rotors and engine parts do. heres your link to the thread you already posted in.

7 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Also incorrect, I have never been able to reproduce this,

I can also confirm this statement. FS 1.5.2 and KSP 1.2.2 run perfectly (aside from the aforementioned wheel issues until they are updated. Which we are all aware of)

Firespitter runs like a top. Thanks to @RoverDude's efforts. - Thank you btw.

Edited by V8jester

Hello KSP community. All my KSP components are up to date, and now im having a rather small issue. The "apache" cockpit's displays don't react. Or do anything for that matter. Does anyone know of known mod interactions that kill the cockpit's screens? I know they're not ASET level of detail or anything but I liked their simple old school military style. Again not a big issue, but it'd be nice if they worked. I miss 'em. Do note that I indeed have RPM and ASET props & avionics installed in their respective latest/req'd versions. As well as a lot of other heavy mod packages.

KSP v1.2.2

FS v7.5.1

MM v2.7.5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.