Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

5 hours ago, Flyboy8088 said:

Is anyone else having problems with the bomber wing root not being able to be selected again once it is placed, making it impossible to move or replace? Version 1.1.

Yeah, I've been having that issue, too

8 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Ok - we have a 1.1.2 compatible version up.  Enjoy.

Yes, I have to redo a ton of parts :)  This is mostly for the core plugin compatibility.

hey where can I download the 1.1 compatible?

OK, right thread this time (I hope).

Does anyone know of add-on textures for the Firespitter parts? The only one I've come across is PoleCatEZ's old XOverPack for .23, which among other stuff, retextures some Firespitter parts. Unfortunately it appears to make some other tweaks to the parts, and I'm not confident enough in my MM cfg editing skills to tell what is needed and what is not (or how to remove the unneeded stuff).

Also hasn't ModuleManager syntax has changed since then?

Edited by Andrew_C

3 hours ago, tedingus said:

@Andrew_C Roverdude is retexturing the parts.  He started streaming it yesterday on Twitch.tv

I read RoverDudes's post, but I wasn't expecting him to start working on them so soon. Great news!

EDIT:  Had a look at the stream, it's amazing how much difference a different shader makes to the look of the texture.

Edited by Andrew_C
forgot a word or 2

2 hours ago, _Astra_ said:

FS-1TG gears keep exploding on touchdown since 1.1

The problem is still here in 7.2.3

Well aware of this, see note above RE 'having to redo all wheels'.

1 hour ago, Andrew_C said:

I read RoverDudes's post, but I wasn't expecting him to start working on them so soon. Great news!

EDIT:  Had a look at the stream, it's amazing how much difference a different shader makes to the look of the texture.

Same shader, different texture :wink:

If i may, i have a suggestion. I've been steering away from the firespitter parts because they don't match the game's aesthetic very much anymore. A full texture overhaul, especially for the cockpits and rotors would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

5 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Same shader, different texture :wink:

Oops, sorry!. That's what happens when you just skip through the stream. But the new textures look great and I can't wait to see other parts you overhaul.

EDIT: It's great to see these parts get the texture love they deserve

Edited by Andrew_C

4 hours ago, THE NARWHAL said:

If i may, i have a suggestion. I've been steering away from the firespitter parts because they don't match the game's aesthetic very much anymore. A full texture overhaul, especially for the cockpits and rotors would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You might want to read a couple of posts above yours...

18 minutes ago, DebatedNothing said:

Is there a known issue with these engines not working with the BDArmoury AI controls? The AI seems to be maxing out the RPMs but not producing any thrust? They work under player control though.

No idea, sorry

Oh... and have a picture :)

sjQfFmg.png

6 hours ago, RoverDude said:

You might want to read a couple of posts above yours...

No idea, sorry

Oh... and have a picture :)

sjQfFmg.png

Since you are working on Firespitter AND working at Squad... can you include propeller module in stock KSP 1.2?

Edited by Dr. Jet

On 5/3/2016 at 0:42 AM, RoverDude said:

The two have nothing to do with each other.  If there's something you would like to see in the game, best bet is the suggestions forum.

Kudos to you for putting up with such nonsense with such poise. :P Thanks for everything that you do, the picture looks great. :) 

Edited by Fallarnon

Hello! I was asking in the Kerbal Aircraft Expansion thread about an audio glitch. I'm only getting prop sounds (tested both KAX and Firespitter) out of the right channel. This is on KSP v1.1.2.1260, modulemanager 2.6.24, and the only other mods I'm running aside it are:

KerbalEngineer
Automated Science Sampler
Take Command (for loading Kerbals into bike seats from VAB/SPH)
and Waypoint Manager

Anyone else have only one speaker audio with the Firespitter.dll?

@RoverDude Question: do you have time to breathe with all the mods you're maintaining? Or are you just secretly a robot, valiantly serving the people? Because honestly, I don't know how I'd manage human functions in your shoes.

Edited by Storywalker4

I'm not even sure what the issue is. As 1.1.2 loads and it gets to the Firespitter parts, it freezes and forces me to shut the game down as it won't finish loading. I reinstalled several times to make sure it was the most recent version and it is, so if anyone else had this issue and found a way to fix it, I'd be quite happy if you shared. :)

Edit: It hangs on fsmovecraftgadget.

Edited by XOC2008
More information

@XOC2008, make sure you have Firespitter.cfg under GameData/Firespitter/Resources. If you do, then just understand that these parts haven't been updated in a year, so crap is likely to happen.

@RoverDude, using Firespitter and KAX on 1.1.2, I am getting a lot of NRE spam that seems to have to do with Firespitter. Here's the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ZYgATQfNhBcUJlWGlEdkR2a0k

@Roninpawn, I am also only noticing propeller engine sound from the right channel.

Edited by theonegalen

On May 7, 2016 at 0:00 AM, theonegalen said:

@XOC2008, make sure you have Firespitter.cfg under GameData/Firespitter/Resources. If you do, then just understand that these parts haven't been updated in a year, so crap is likely to happen.

@RoverDude, using Firespitter and KAX on 1.1.2, I am getting a lot of NRE spam that seems to have to do with Firespitter. Here's the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ZYgATQfNhBcUJlWGlEdkR2a0k

@Roninpawn, I am also only noticing propeller engine sound from the right channel.

Oh everything else was fine. I removed that part and the Apache internal and now it runs fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.