Combining KW rocketry and Novapunch

S.C.E to AUX

So I have fiddled around with both of these packs and there are somethings I like about both and thing I don't like. So I am trying to modify both and combine them, getting the best of each and minimizing parts that are similar and redundant. What I have found is, the fairings parts from KW are better than the ones from Nova. However there are parts from NOVA that are far more powerful, the massive radial decoupler for instance.

any suggestions on what parts to keep and what parts to get rid of.

Not to mention that you can stick a probe core on the middle node of some of the larger KW fairing bases. If that's the root command pod, wobble tends to be less of an issue.

I pretty much stopped using NovaPunch in favor of KW after I tweaked KW's heavy struts to have the same mass as stock struts just like NP's do. The only things I ever really used from NP were the struts, the long radial decouplers, and the 5 meter parts, and after a while I found that I could do everything I wanted to do using KW parts, so I took the opportunity to reduce the game's memory footprint and load time by dropping NP.

I think KW's parts are much more polished, both graphically and functionally. Some of NP's looked a bit crude by comparison. No shame on the people who made them, of course - resources, skills, time, and effort involved are different for everyone. It's just that KW's a tough act to follow! :)

Edited by Tallinu

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.