[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

Any chance we could get that hull camera feature? I'm playing with a friend and it'd help a lot.

Another thing is time to SOI switch and protractor features like phase angles and ejection angles would be the absolute best please

Hmmm. Well, whatever the case, turning this plugin on halves or worse my framerate on launch, and only one core shows as being used at any one time. btw, i'm using a mac.

-e

It is possible that Unity is preventing those threads from operating on different cores, and this probably indicates that it is time for optimisation.

Any chance we could get that hull camera feature? I'm playing with a friend and it'd help a lot.

This feature is not likely to be completed any time soon, as I feel there are more pressing features.

Another thing is time to SOI switch and protractor features like phase angles and ejection angles would be the absolute best please

I have several plans involving this.

Aftokinito, that's most likely what will happen, since it will solve a lot of issues if the camera output is displayed on the KSP screen in addition to being sent over the network.

The romfarer camera is a lot better for the cooperative play (with IVA-only gameplay). This feature would be wonderful but I'm anxious to get something to help with transfer burns, or confirming that we have SOI.

Yeah Mushroomman, if you're on Windows that is. :D

Press the windows key and R at the same time, which should bring up a run prompt. Then type "cmd.exe" into that box. Once you see a command prompt, type in "ipconfig" and that will bring up a bunch of IP addresses. You'll -MORE THAN LIKELY- be looking for a 192.168.(?).(?) address. It'll be the one listed as "IPv4 address", not the one listed as "Gateway" address. Hope that helps!

Yeah Mushroomman, if you're on Windows that is. :D

Press the windows key and R at the same time, which should bring up a run prompt. Then type "cmd.exe" into that box. Once you see a command prompt, type in "ipconfig" and that will bring up a bunch of IP addresses. You'll -MORE THAN LIKELY- be looking for a 192.168.(?).(?) address. It'll be the one listed as "IPv4 address", not the one listed as "Gateway" address. Hope that helps!

Thanks, but what am I supposed to do with that IP?

Oh! Sorry. Yeah, you know the "open link" buttons that bring up a webpage on your computer? Where it says "127.0.0.1:????" you'll replace the 127.0.0.1 portion (leaving the colon and port number to the right of the colon) with the IP address you gathered from the result of the command prompt. You'll enter that into your address bar on another device. Hope that helps!

You force one player to IVA mode and you relay instructions to him using the Telemachus data via Skype.

You need to do two things to make it even more awesome.

1. Work out the virtual distance between receiver and sender (ie mission control and the capsule) and the add in an audio delay that matches the virtual distance.

2. When the distance is further than the Mun, add in audio corruption and or intermittent loss of signal. Just listen to the Apollo 11 landing audio and you hear them losing the signal with one antenna or another. Luckily they had planned for this and had multiple systems.

Just a bit of motivation for cameras, Rich :V

Whenever they work, I will do a real time stream (and that means no warp) of a mission using only telemachus to show the audience what would they see on TV and retransmitting like the NASA TV caster (NOMINAL, NOMINAL, NOMINAL...).

I'm not sure if it's just me but the idea of having live (or almost live) video feed on a web interface OUT of KSP sounds mind blowing and makes my brain eyaculate epic fanboyness for you :V

I'm loving playing with this plugin but there is one thing that continues to bug me. Why is the aerial like something from an 80's TV? lol.

It would be nice to either have an extending one like on the Hermes probe or something a little more compact. I used the Fustek one but for some reason some of the graphs don't seem to like it. Dunno why that is. Also the orbital information tab works with the fustek one but not with the TV aerial. Is this by design or is it a bug?

Just a bit of motivation for cameras, Rich :V

Whenever they work, I will do a real time stream (and that means no warp) of a mission using only telemachus to show the audience what would they see on TV and retransmitting like the NASA TV caster (NOMINAL, NOMINAL, NOMINAL...).

I'm not sure if it's just me but the idea of having live (or almost live) video feed on a web interface OUT of KSP sounds mind blowing and makes my brain eyaculate epic fanboyness for you :V

Motivation isn't the issue here; what I need is more hours in the day.

You need to do two things to make it even more awesome.

1. Work out the virtual distance between receiver and sender (ie mission control and the capsule) and the add in an audio delay that matches the virtual distance.

2. When the distance is further than the Mun, add in audio corruption and or intermittent loss of signal. Just listen to the Apollo 11 landing audio and you hear them losing the signal with one antenna or another. Luckily they had planned for this and had multiple systems.

I want to add integration to the Remote Tech plugin which will add communication delay.

I'm loving playing with this plugin but there is one thing that continues to bug me. Why is the aerial like something from an 80's TV? lol.

It would be nice to either have an extending one like on the Hermes probe or something a little more compact. I used the Fustek one but for some reason some of the graphs don't seem to like it. Dunno why that is. Also the orbital information tab works with the fustek one but not with the TV aerial. Is this by design or is it a bug?

I commissioned a TV aerial because I found the notion of having one protruding from the side of a rocket hilarious.

What you are describing is unintended behaviour, and I have only seen this happen when Telemachus has been upgraded within a persistence file. I this problem still occurs in a fresh file then it is indeed a bug which I need to fix.

Some of the graphs work fine on my PC but don't show on my iPad. Some like Altitude and Apoapsis/Periapsis work fine on both. G-Force for example says no antenna found on my iPad but works fine on the PC. Really confusing.

Actually G-Force on my PC says "Signal Found" and starts drawing the graph vs time but the value at the bottom of the screen says "Unavailable". Sounds like a bug to me.

Edited by NeoMorph

Would it be possible to get a readout of general information? (ie. throttle position, pitch, heading, roll, ect.) I was thinking about trying to do a launch just using telemachus, no visual ksp, and I realized that would be very useful information to have. Is this even possible for a future update?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have the latest version off SpacePort. For some reason my datalink doesn't connect at startup. I have edited config.xml and inserted 127.0.0.1 (I have also tried my local IP address, and the default -1 that was in the file).

Here are the debug messages I get:

[Log]: [Telemachus] Telemachus data link starting

[Log]: Parsing int

[Log]: Parsing string

[Log]: [Telemachus] No such host is known

[Log]: [Telemachus] at System.Net.Dns.hostent_to_IPHostEntry (System.String h_name, System.String[] h_aliases, System.String[] h_addrlist) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Servers.AsynchronousServer.Server.startListening () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Servers.MinimalHTTPServer.Server.startServing () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Telemachus.TelemachusBehaviour.startDataLink () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[Log]: PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Telemachus/Parts/TelemachusAntenna/part/ant'

The host not known thing is strange as 127.0.0.1 is pretty well known :P

I'm running on a Mac, OS X 10.8.3

Any ideas?

Edited by icaruza
Left out some info

Some of the graphs work fine on my PC but don't show on my iPad. Some like Altitude and Apoapsis/Periapsis work fine on both. G-Force for example says no antenna found on my iPad but works fine on the PC. Really confusing.

Actually G-Force on my PC says "Signal Found" and starts drawing the graph vs time but the value at the bottom of the screen says "Unavailable". Sounds like a bug to me.

Do you have a g-force sensor installed on your craft and turned on?

Would it be possible to get a readout of general information? (ie. throttle position, pitch, heading, roll, ect.) I was thinking about trying to do a launch just using telemachus, no visual ksp, and I realized that would be very useful information to have. Is this even possible for a future update?

Thanks in advance

The surface information page has roll, pitch and yaw readouts, but no the throttle information;however, that would be easy enough to include.

Hi,

For some reason my datalink doesn't connect at startup. I have edited config.xml and inserted 127.0.0.1 (I have also tried my local IP address, and the default -1 that was in the file).

Here are the debug messages I get:

[Log]: [Telemachus] Telemachus data link starting

[Log]: Parsing int

[Log]: Parsing string

[Log]: [Telemachus] No such host is known

[Log]: [Telemachus] at System.Net.Dns.hostent_to_IPHostEntry (System.String h_name, System.String[] h_aliases, System.String[] h_addrlist) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Servers.AsynchronousServer.Server.startListening () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Servers.MinimalHTTPServer.Server.startServing () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Telemachus.TelemachusBehaviour.startDataLink () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[Log]: PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Telemachus/Parts/TelemachusAntenna/part/ant'

The host not known thing is strange as 127.0.0.1 is pretty well known :P

Any ideas?

Have you tried adjusting the port number?

Have you tried adjusting the port number?

Yes, tried 8080, 8085, 80, and 8087. Same result.

Am I editing the correct file? config.xml in GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/PluginData/Telemachus

It currently looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<config>

<int name="PORT">8087</int>

<string name="IPADDRESS">127.0.0.1</string>

</config>

Edited by icaruza
Left something out

Yeah, that is the correct file. The only other test I can think of is to try your computer's LAN IP, that or your firewall is blocking the socket from listening.

Just have to say that Rich (the guy who wrote Telemachus) is freakin awesome. He's helped me with accessing Telemachus with VB6 so that my hardware project can move forward another step.

The moment when I pressed a button in my VB6 app and I turned on the SAS was a milestone... but when I turned MechJeb's prograde mode on and then off via my app it was that Neil Armstrong giant leap for Kerbalkind.

Can you tell I am happy? :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

First, thanks for such a fun addon.

I have been unsuccessful in getting any temperature data from my probe(s). The units show up, but readings are all zero. all other data is coming across and in ok.

i am running newest ksp and newest 0.20 from here.

anyone seen this before and or have any ideas of what simple thing i am doing wrong?

many thanks

I want to view more information same time, so I make a html page to do it

If you wanna try, you can download it in follow link

It tested and works on Firefox, IE, Safari and Mobile Safari, but I don't know why it won't works on chrome

Do any CSS expert can help me fix it:P

zXg1GtH.png

bOaYxBc.png

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r61iq7oyis9tobb/Telemachus-overview.zip