Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

I made this at 0.24 but it worked so well that i didn't bother to create a new one. It can drive safely at 25 m/s and has a complete science pack. I made versions with more solar panels or RTGs depending on where i wanted to send it. This one is on the canyons of Dres. All stock, by the way.

YtvtI6h.png?1C8vT0ZP.png?1

Elwood Kerman: "It's got a cop motor, a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters, so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say? Is it the new Jebmobile or what?"

Elwood Kerman: "It's a hundred and six miles to KSC, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing space helmets."

Jake Kerman: "Hit it."

"Use of unnecessary violence in apprehension of the Kerman Brothers . . . has been approved."

They'll never get caught. They're on a mission from God.

Fix the lighter...

Hey renePRO, that trike looks awesome! And did you use a helicopter landing skid on a car? Who does that? You must be one of those crazy dutch people.

Like that other guy from the Netherlands (also not from Amsterdam) from the post above you! :sticktongue:

Thanks Captain.

Im working on a rollercoaster now had build a double loop before so why not go full coaster:confused:

and cool Interceptor BTW. were can i find the wheel's?:)

Test run with a little Tripover class rover, perfect for those surface survey contracts. Pictured with a dropship/comms relay with 2800m/s range. Some tweakscale used for the headlights.

aiXhKXi.jpg

General rover driving tip;

- go to settings and disable pitch control when in docking mode

- leave yaw and roll available

- drive in docking mode with SAS on

Now all your wheels will stay planted and you can perform corrective longitudinal rolls and fast turns, without having it tip forwards/backwards when you accelerate or brake :)

Thanks Captain.

Im working on a rollercoaster now had build a double loop before so why not go full coaster:confused:

and cool Interceptor BTW. were can i find the wheel's?:)

A roller coaster?:cool: Well why not eh? This is KSP where not even the sky is the limit!

I have subscribed to your YT channel so i'll guess i'll see it appear there when it's done.

The wheels are from Kerbal Foundries.

- - - Updated - - -

I made this a few days ago to test the KerbalFoundries stock wheel configs:

http://i.imgur.com/woLNSnu.png

Other than being able to drive at insane speeds, it can drive on the Mun without flipping over every 3 seconds because of the amazing work of the KerbalFoundries devs.

Wow looks as if you just entered the speedforce! Awesome!:cool:

Played with a couple of delivery options for my Tripover rovers. Both give about 2800m/s in LKO, but for obvious reasons, the little rocket pack costs less. Recoverable launch stage leads to a mission cost around 17,000 roots, perfect for those Munar survey missions! The big dropship... is overkill, but with a couple of droptanks would be viable for Duna missions ^^

aSwWpq3.jpg

One of my latest creations, the Foxhound 1-B Longbed LPV (light patrol vehicle). Armed with 2x M230 30mm swiveling MG's, and is capable of refueling (and resupplying ammo) using on-board equipment.

It uses an "internal combustion engine" of my own design to power the wheels up to 60m/s, and contains a generator able to power the drill and ISRU equipment.

The wheels have been toughened significantly, at the expense of extra weight and drag.

I'm considering using it as a hybrid circumnavigation vehicle, which would include shooting down enemy drones at specific stops.

qbsrrSg.jpg

pWsMCNe.jpg

Armed drones seen in the background.

Edited by Slam_Jones

This is the Adventurer - it may not have any fancy suspension (because I haven't figured out how that's built) but it's decently versatile. It can tow things with the claw on the back and has a shielded dock up front, too. Vernor thrusters and a pair of radial engines allow it to fly around in low gravity, though it's able to lift off the ground even on Kerbin. If you don't use the rockets and thrusters much, though, the fuel supply is enough for some long-range operation - and during daylight, you can open the rear compartment to expose solar panels.

2laXx4E.jpg

• 2 months later...

I don't know if I posted a picture in this thread or not yet... gettin' old... lol... hope I'm not repeating myself...

This is my KSC rover, for collecting science around the space center:

xq0Mgzn.jpg

And this is Kirby, my explorer rover. This little bad-S rover is remarkably fast, yet stable. She's my best rover design by far, and even got some air on the dunes of Laythe, without blowing a tire.

6hLXhXy.png

Bwi0muW.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.