[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

4 hours ago, maja said:

It's in persistent.sfs (..\Kerbal Space Program\save\{game name})

every save file that has been used with KAC will have this scenario in the sfs files - quicksaves, persistent, etc

That scenario section holds all the alarm details

SCENARIO
	{
		name = KerbalAlarmClockScenario
		scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
		KACAlarmListStorage
		{
			list
			{
				Item
				{
					VesselID = 795a031e-12d9-458d-8555-509b2b2019df
					ID = f6cbd9516847499ea45bfda90dc06fe5
					Name = Viewmatic Survey Satellite Maneuver
					NotesStorage = Quick Added Maneuver Alarm
					TypeOfAlarm = Maneuver
					AlarmTimeStorage = 11511.315784297383
					AlarmMarginSecs = 180

Thanks once I seen were it was at. it was just easier for me to save all the games and remove the folders them from KSP and than install the new version. Than move the Games folders back in as we all use KAC  Just because my whole Family uses this and there are 8 uses in the family. I think I saved myself a lot of time and headache. Thank you so much for a great mod 

• 3 weeks later...

A little bug I've seen for a while, but haven't gotten around to localizing the behavior:

For burns of over about 5 minutes, the automatic alarms don't appear to correctly calculate the 1/2burntime+margin for inserting the alarm: The alarm gets set to close to the burn, meaning you should have already started the burn by the time the alarm goes off.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:14 AM, DStaal said:

A little bug I've seen for a while, but haven't gotten around to localizing the behavior:

For burns of over about 5 minutes, the automatic alarms don't appear to correctly calculate the 1/2burntime+margin for inserting the alarm: The alarm gets set to close to the burn, meaning you should have already started the burn by the time the alarm goes off.

I don't think the burn time has anything to do with it, I think it's simply looking at the maneuver node and applying whatever offset you specify.  I just had a burn for Jool (with a TWR under .1, it was a long burn) go very wrong because of this and came here to say something but I see you beat me to it.

Edit:  Confirmed.  Default values:

Time to Node:  1y 80d 2h 59m

Time to alarm: 1y 80d 2h 58m

However, burn time: 9m 18s (Ejection burn for Duna on a Nerva engine.  I'm starting higher up than is ideal because MechJeb doesn't do a good job with the Nerva engine from a low orbit.)

The burn should already have been going on for 3m 48s when the alarm triggers and it's going to take time for the rocket to rotate into position for the burn.  You're trying to kill some of my best scientists!

Edited by Loren Pechtel

I'm having trouble with this. I poking my head back in this game and got a few mods i wanted to play with working... except this one. Nothing shows up. No icons or anything, as if it didnt load. I checked and all the fires are in the game data folder, so not sure what is up. I also made sure i have toolbar installed.

Any ideas?

Think i figured it out. It seems Toolbar 1.7.13 is not with KSP 1.2.2 so ill have to wait for that to get updated.

Edited by Wolfwood
figured out the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:27 PM, bpiltz said:

Love this mod.  Can't live without it.

Requests for dev:

1.  An alarm for the next time and number of subsequent times the craft passes though this point on the orbit (without respect to coordinates on the body below) - basically an orbital period counter from here (1,2,3,...).

2.  An alarm for closest intercept of active navigation waypoint or grid coordinate on the body below.  Typical problem:  Polar orbit for a contract waiting for the body to rotate below until the waypoint is under the orbital path.  Like an ship intercept alarm, it would figure out what orbit # would be closest approach active waypoint and then set a T minus reminder so Jeb can do that crew report, or plan the descent burn, or whatever.

3.  An alarm for ISRU fuel cap/ore deplete, driling ore cap - could be an additional selection near sci lab full alarm.

If these are already in the current version, I am having trouble finding them.  How do I find them?

I'm also looking for this, particularly request #2. Although I use an (unconventional) way to get this functionality using ScanSAT. Here it is:

I use ScanSAT's big map to figure out where the orbits pass over the body below. When you place a maneuver node, it will also show up in the ScanSAT big map. You can move the maneuver node to set it near/above the target on the body and it will refresh the location in the ScanSAT big map as well; it will even refresh the correct spot over the body if you set the maneuver for future orbits.

After you set the right location for the node over the waypoint/location in the body below, add a KAC alarm to the maneuver node. Then finally, erase the maneuver node when you are done.

Hope this helps as an intermediate but effective solution.

Got another bug here: clearing all input locks will break the applet buttons for this mod and TWP (and any other triggertech mods?) so clicking them will do nothing and not bring up their relevant windows. This is fixed by a scene change, but having to go to the trackstation and back every time I have to remove the unrelated "UIMasterController:ModelDialog", which locks up clickables and nodes, gets very tiresome.

Edited by voicey99

Not sure which update did it, but burn margin for maneuver node is working!!  (wasn't before) Thanks.

Feature requests:

1.  Snooze button - particularly useful for raw and SOI alarms.  Have a configurable snooze default and/or click snooze on an alarm and get a few quick choices.

2.  Editing an alarm allows fully editting the alarm parameters - especially useful for raw alarms.  Current "edit" is delete it then re-do the alarm, unless I am missing a feature.

3.  "Condition alarms"  Sunrise/sunset alarm attached to vessel or Kerbal - particularly useful for ships and Kerbals on the surface.  Comm net up/dropout alarm.  Not so much as a scheduled alarm event, but a request to please notify me if/when this occurs to this ship, etc.  If you could pair them: sunrise & comms up for science transmittal... awesome.

Apologies for the lack of feedback in here, been pretty busy in Real life, and Kerbal life. I plan to get some KAC love in this weekend though so heres osme feedback

6 hours ago, bpiltz said:

Not sure which update did it, but burn margin for maneuver node is working!!  (wasn't before) Thanks.

Feature requests:

1.  Snooze button - particularly useful for raw and SOI alarms.  Have a configurable snooze default and/or click snooze on an alarm and get a few quick choices.

2.  Editing an alarm allows fully editting the alarm parameters - especially useful for raw alarms.  Current "edit" is delete it then re-do the alarm, unless I am missing a feature.

3.  "Condition alarms"  Sunrise/sunset alarm attached to vessel or Kerbal - particularly useful for ships and Kerbals on the surface.  Comm net up/dropout alarm.  Not so much as a scheduled alarm event, but a request to please notify me if/when this occurs to this ship, etc.  If you could pair them: sunrise & comms up for science transmittal... awesome.

Snooze - I like that one - am sure can add something

Ill double check the edit one - it might be possible to open it up if its not currently

the sunrise/sunset ones could be worked in if I can grasp the maths :P - the commnet one not such an easy one as would have to estimate when all the legs of a commnet branch will change in the future (dont forget the alarm clock is simply counting down to a time - not monitoring status changes) - thats not to say its not possible, but it may be beyond my maths skills

12 hours ago, maculator said:

Hi I got a problem when I can't use the mod to switch to my ship on alarm it keeps loading into infinity and nothing happens. Would a log help or does anyone know what could cause this?

A save game and the kogs  would help heaps yeah

16 hours ago, voicey99 said:

Got another bug here: clearing all input locks will break the applet buttons for this mod and TWP (and any other triggertech mods?) so clicking them will do nothing and not bring up their relevant windows. This is fixed by a scene change, but having to go to the trackstation and back every time I have to remove the unrelated "UIMasterController:ModelDialog", which locks up clickables and nodes, gets very tiresome.

might need some more on this one - in the debug toolbar you clear the input locks and some stuff goes wacky? and you get a core game error from the UIMasterController?

On 02/04/2017 at 0:12 PM, Wolfwood said:

I'm having trouble with this. I poking my head back in this game and got a few mods i wanted to play with working... except this one. Nothing shows up. No icons or anything, as if it didnt load. I checked and all the fires are in the game data folder, so not sure what is up. I also made sure i have toolbar installed.

Any ideas?

Think i figured it out. It seems Toolbar 1.7.13 is not with KSP 1.2.2 so ill have to wait for that to get updated.

Ill test this one on the weekend as well, but if you can share a log file that would help heaps

1 hour ago, TriggerAu said:

might need some more on this one - in the debug toolbar you clear the input locks and some stuff goes wacky? and you get a core game error from the UIMasterController?

The UIMasterController comes up as an input lock very frequently (locking up everything) and that's what forces me to clear the locks very often, but it's unrelated to KAC. But when I do clear the locks, both of your mods I have (KAC and TWP) stop working and the buttons turn completely unresponsive until a scene change, at which point they start working again. I had a look in the game logs and can't find any errors relating to this.

19 hours ago, voicey99 said:

The UIMasterController comes up as an input lock very frequently (locking up everything) and that's what forces me to clear the locks very often, but it's unrelated to KAC. But when I do clear the locks, both of your mods I have (KAC and TWP) stop working and the buttons turn completely unresponsive until a scene change, at which point they start working again. I had a look in the game logs and can't find any errors relating to this.

If you can share a save and the log file with me I'll look in to both issues

5 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

If you can share a save and the log file with me I'll look in to both issues

The ModelDialog issue is not caused by KAC at all, but it seems like it is the input lock itself that breaks KAC/TWP, and clearing it unlocks the UI but does not reinstate KAC/TWP. A save would be pointless because it starts working again on any scene change, including loading a save, and also even occasionally seems to come back on whenever it fancies (as, unpausing the game about 15 minutes later, it began working again of its own accord). Quite strange. Logs are here if you want them.

On 18.4.2017 at 11:18 AM, TriggerAu said:
On 17.4.2017 at 10:21 PM, maculator said:

Hi I got a problem when I can't use the mod to switch to my ship on alarm it keeps loading into infinity and nothing happens. Would a log help or does anyone know what could cause this?

A save game and the kogs  would help heaps yeah

i have this problen

i posted logs in the past

i found it happanse mainly wen using lots of ram (more then 6G)

i can jump  if i use it wen i start the game, but not long after my mem is full and an attempt to jump from KSC will hang the game

jumping from ship to ship is safe

• 2 weeks later...

As of prerelease build 1773, KAC generates log spam reading:
Exception: Field "KeyBinding.primary" not found.
Just a heads-up to minimize trouble when 1.3 comes around for real. I've noticed other mods doing the same thing and I expect it's because the localization changes involved renaming "KeyBinding.primary" to something else.

EDIT: I found out what the problem is (and was embarrassed about how easy it was, derp). Near the bottom of "Misc" in http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157804-modders-notes-for-129/ is a note about how the KeyBinding fields were renamed. I'd implement a hotfix and recompile it myself but I'm running out of hard drive space xP

Edited by problemecium
derp a herp