Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

2ldehc4.jpg

Greetings everyone!

NOTE: 4.65 is fully compatible with Skillful, this is not R5, the large hangar code is gone I suggest if you want to build something large to look up Snjo's Hangar Extender.

GET IT ON CURSE HERE!

Alternate Download Link - COMING SOON. Go to the download section of my site - for those who are cursed on Curse or simply curse Curse.

Changes: recompile, removed hangar enlargement.

I've updated the docking port on the aircraft to have a variable connection node position. This will allow various designs to connect easily.

You can now change the docking distance with an offset via slider-bar. If the plane is already connected and you move the offset slider it does nothing, you'll need to decouple the plane first, set the height offset, then dock.

Included the prototype Catapult, and tweaked the Arrestor system. Give me some feedback!

Have fun, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read the Guide posted below(out of date, but will be updated!). Source links are posted in the Space Port link above (to be updated shortly).

• Want to use the included Swing Crane? you'll need this: DamnedRobotics fork called infernalrobotics, I don't support the use of these, but it will allow the crane to function!

• The Crane and Hangar Loading Bay will need a winch... KAS is the Mod for that...

• Want the Naval Gears? Get my ICE mod! it makes carrier operations so much better!

Stay tuned... and...

Have Fun... :)

Source for R4.6 here: http://pastebin.com/KipXD04h Updated - Jan28th/2015

Version 1.4 of the User Guide. This is now Updated to reflect recent changes. - Oct 7th.

6qee0k.pngGUIDE HERE!!!!

User guide last update: Submarine usage...

Also Special thanks and mention to Snjo for help on the Rudders, Move to Water, and getting the Sound to work with 0.20+

To mostly everyone else... Thanks for all the support, constructive critique and inspiration!

Videos of the R4.5 release will be posted here(if you made a video and want it listed here PM me)

PLEASE post your pics and rate the mod on spaceport...

88x31.png

Edited by InfiniteDice

those rocket pods look amazing :D and the torpedoes :P and the whole mod in general :) im gonna have to delete some of my other mods when this is released just so my game can handle my fighters :P good work and i will wait patiently for it

if you want to use more torpedoes you could raise where the torpedoes sit on the plane so your center of thrust is under them.

because obviously you need to be able to sink 1 carrier 2 destroyers and 4 frigates in one go *ace combat style*.

great job on what looks to be awesome torpedoes and rocket pods!

i want to be super greedy and ask for ~ f-14 style swing wings! you would win all the kerbals i have left to give for a pair of f-14 swing wings.

http://imgur.com/hut0jGk http://imgur.com/nQri5ye (these are a bit floppy, like a bunny rabbits ears just not cute or made of something fuzzy)

if you want to use more torpedoes you could raise where the torpedoes sit on the plane so your center of thrust is under them.

i want to be super greedy and ask for ~ f-14 style swing wings! you would win all the kerbals i have left to give for a pair of f-14 swing wings.

At this point it would be a matter of mass... taking off fully loaded is one thing, landing another. The torpedoes I modeled after the Japanese WW2 type 91. The bombs are Type 84 and 82 free-fall. The rocket launcher is an Lau68.

Right now the mk84+82 are HE, the Rockets are AP. I have plans for incendiary and snakeeye's...

The f-14 swept wings would be neat... :)

Thanks SGT,

I have some ambitious plans, as I move forward I discover new challenges that I have to overcome. Ultimately I need something playable, fun, interactive and lastly somewhat realistic.

A good example are the torpedoes. I had great fun launching them into target ships, but when it came to landing them on a carrier... well... then they were detonating at bad times. I had to code in a safety switch for drop-able ordinance. Some things will arm on launch, some will arm on command. - This is just one tiny example.

I won't even get into the part about how fire can spread from part to part (unless that part is sunk) and the chances, and ranges, and heat levels, and structural points the part loses... and the chances of penetrating by ordinance type and velocities and material hardness...

The list goes on and on. In the end you might have a floating chunk of wood... or an armoured ground installation. The damage system should be able to handle nearly any situation.

This is one great mod! My hat is off to you and your group!

I like the pics! Very resourceful and well executed!

The original parts will likely be phased out following R3. I may keep an external link to them for those interested. But have no fear! There will be a new direction in boat design after R3. I don't even know 100% how I'll do it, but it will be done and it will be cool. I want huge bump up in performance so more people can enjoy this the way I had intended! :)

Since he's abandoned development but left it open to other developers to pick up, and chance of rolling Tosh's seaplane floats into this addon? Or developing your own. Need seaplanes!

Damn, I wanted them for a seaplane I was going to use to rescue capsules that splash down

I've made some seapane floats for the firespitter mod. They are not quite final yet, but you can get them here.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22972712/temp/FSfloats.zip

Wheels will be added into the bays soon, for now use the included tailgears in the zip in the slot.