[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

The engines effects on the Explorer are a little big now no?

http://i.imgur.com/50CRq2x.png

Actually for that altitude that looks about right. In a vacuum it should dissipate faster (Be less solid looking) A lot of the early Solid rockets were that flammy and bubblely looking. Look up Terrier BT-3 for a good example. Or SeaSlug from the RN. Both SAMs had REAL yellow smokey motors. If this was a modern Solid Rocket I would agree with you.....

Hey Frizzank I love you mod. One thing I would like to see how every. would be a flyable controllable unmanned Boiler plate vision of the pods, for testing. now I know that is not vary Kerbal but I would like to be able to flight testing, and reentry testing unmanned since I play with FAR and DR to make sure I have that nailed down before I stick a man in the pod... if it was not behind the scope of the game, maybe even Ham the chimp

Hey Frizzank I love you mod. One thing I would like to see how every. would be a flyable controllable unmanned Boiler plate vision of the pods, for testing. now I know that is not vary Kerbal but I would like to be able to flight testing, and reentry testing unmanned since I play with FAR and DR to make sure I have that nailed down before I stick a man in the pod... if it was not behind the scope of the game, maybe even Ham the chimp

Stick a probe core on top of a pod.

Open the FASA.zip file

Copy all of its content into your main KSP directory. If you put it in the correct spot you should get a confirmation popup asking if you want to overwrite the folders and files. Say YES overwrite all folders and

files.

You should have a clean version of KSP and FASA only.

Run KSP and see if it works.

so do i put it in

\Kerbal Space Program

or \Kerbal Space Program\GameData

cause that is how i originally installed it and i was missing tons of parts when i launched the game.

Also do you knoqw of any issues it has with orther mods [if any?]

Thanks

Rex

KSP was hanging on loading the GeminiBigGWhite part [..\FASA\Gemini2\FASA_Gemini_BigG\Gemini_BigG_White.cfg] and when I looked in the parts folder I noticed the Gemini_BigG_White part was using the normal GeminiBigG model on line 9 and line 10 had the White version texture:

9 model = FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_BigG/GeminiBigG

10 texture = Gemini_BigG, FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_BigG/Gemini_BigG_White

Was this deliberate due to some other issue? I appended "_White" to the end of line 9 and deleted the texture line and now KSP loads without hanging, and the GeminiBigGWhite crew capsule is loading with no issue.

Also, the GeminiPod2 part is loading as blank white in KSP on the current 4.98 release and was doing the same for the one before it. The .tga file for the Gemini2 part [..\FASA\Gemini2\FASA_Gemini_Pod2\Gemini_Pod.tga] was missing the "2" before the extension, so I tried updating the .tga file to have the 2, but that didn't work. I saw the White Gemini Pod texture file was also not using the "2" and it is loading fine. How are the Gemini Pods loading the textures if the .tga files don't match the .mu file. Is the path to the texture in the .mu file?

Also, the GeminiPod2 part is loading as blank white in KSP on the current 4.98 release and was doing the same for the one before it. The .tga file for the Gemini2 part [..\FASA\Gemini2\FASA_Gemini_Pod2\Gemini_Pod.tga] was missing the "2" before the extension, so I tried updating the .tga file to have the 2, but that didn't work. I saw the White Gemini Pod texture file was also not using the "2" and it is loading fine. How are the Gemini Pods loading the textures if the .tga files don't match the .mu file. Is the path to the texture in the .mu file?

Well, I cleaned up the GeminiPod2.cfg file to get rid of most of the extra comments and added Tabs to make sure nothing was out of place, and after re-loading KSP the pod was still all white... Rebooted my PC and now it's loading the black texture properly. Weird.

[Edit] I installed the updated ModuleManager.2.5.1 and then the MechJebAndEngineerForAll started working for again, yet the Gemini2 Pod went back to being all white again, all other parts are okay. So I did another PC reboot and then the Gemini Pod texture loaded again on the next KSP load.

Edited by ionn

Well, I cleaned up the GeminiPod2.cfg file to get rid of most of the extra comments and added Tabs to make sure nothing was out of place, and after re-loading KSP the pod was still all white... Rebooted my PC and now it's loading the black texture properly. Weird.

KSP as some problems with TGA right now or your running ActiveTextureManagement which think is having some problems now.

I have noticed some of the pad expanding with The Clamps.... what it looks like, is that some times the bottom of clamp loads in side the Launch pad some times it just pops back out, some times it floats above the pad, and some times it destroys the pad, and this is with a Mercury redstone on the pad. I thought it might have been a glitch because I play with RSS/RO. But I just wanted to let you know I have seen some strangeness

KSP was hanging on loading the GeminiBigGWhite part [..\FASA\Gemini2\FASA_Gemini_BigG\Gemini_BigG_White.cfg] and when I looked in the parts folder I noticed the Gemini_BigG_White part was using the normal GeminiBigG model on line 9 and line 10 had the White version texture:

Was this deliberate due to some other issue? I appended "_White" to the end of line 9 and deleted the texture line and now KSP loads without hanging, and the GeminiBigGWhite crew capsule is loading with no issue.

I dont know where your getting this from?

This is the model node in the Gemini_Pod2_White.cfg

MODEL
{
model = FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_Pod2/Gemini_Pod2_White
}
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

Are you using active texture management or module manager? those will change the .cfg's on loading and I don't have any control over another mod changing my .cfg's

The white texture is a bug in the current KSP with .tga's for some people. I dont see it on any of my machines and I dont know how common it is.

This is a bug with KSP and not FASA so i do not want to do a workaround only to have Squad fix the bug at a later date and then have to undo the workaround.

If you want it fixed properly, file a bug report with Squad using their bug tracker. http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

If you want a workaround change the .tga's to .png's

• 2 weeks later...

This was on purpose, going to the moon was a colossal undertaking, and in my opinion the stock parts that you unlock late in the tech tree are far too cheap. You should have to scrimp and save to get the Apollo parts and launch a mission. Also a failure should be a major setback of resources.

I intended this to be kind of a total replacement mod for KSP so you could in theory delete all the stock parts and have a completely different game experience if you wanted too.

This was on purpose, going to the moon was a colossal undertaking, and in my opinion the stock parts that you unlock late in the tech tree are far too cheap. You should have to scrimp and save to get the Apollo parts and launch a mission. Also a failure should be a major setback of resources.

I intended this to be kind of a total replacement mod for KSP so you could in theory delete all the stock parts and have a completely different game experience if you wanted too.

That would be AMAZING but FASA is not quite complete enough to delete all of the Stock parts. It would be amazing if you could do that but, you would need to add more science parts, some more solar panels, batteries, maybe some more diverse parachutes. So I wouldn't recommend deleting all the stock parts, but yes in theory like you said it could be done. I just think you could get away with deleting most of the folders in the stock parts folder not all. If you could make some FASA stock equivalents in the utilities and science section then sign me up for total replacement. Also I mentioned this earlier but am I the only one who thinks the Saturn V has become overpowered in the .25 update? Also its borderline impossible to get the Saturn-1 into orbit. Either under powered, inefficient engines, or not enough fuel. Again this could just be me.

Edited by sp1989

Apologies if this gets asked a lot, but I've not found any good answers to this. I'm trying to assemble the Apollo components, and I've managed to figure out the CSM, and the LEM, but I can't figure out how to put them together. There was one video, but it used an unreleased version of the mod, which wasn't very helpful. :( I've looked through this thread (well, much of it) and searched elsewhere, but to no avail. Can someone point me to a writeup of how these two components are supposed to be linked up? Even better, if there's a writeup of how to assemble the entire thing, that'd be great. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. :/

Apologies if this gets asked a lot, but I've not found any good answers to this. I'm trying to assemble the Apollo components, and I've managed to figure out the CSM, and the LEM, but I can't figure out how to put them together. There was one video, but it used an unreleased version of the mod, which wasn't very helpful. :( I've looked through this thread (well, much of it) and searched elsewhere, but to no avail. Can someone point me to a writeup of how these two components are supposed to be linked up? Even better, if there's a writeup of how to assemble the entire thing, that'd be great. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. :/

There is a craft file included in the download.

sp1989 said:
There is a craft file included in the download.

And if you use this Plugin, supposedly you can blueprint out all the parts. Mind you I have not tried this (Too many mods already even with ATM)

[removed link to defunct website]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.