[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

4 hours ago, redmonddkgamer said:

I've used the inflatables/airbags from the USI Survivability Pack before, those are probably your best bet. Finding someone willing to make an airbag that's the specific Gemini shape would be quite a task I believe, since it couldn't be used for much else.

19 hours ago, Gorby1 said:

I've used the inflatables/airbags from the USI Survivability Pack before, those are probably your best bet. Finding someone willing to make an airbag that's the specific Gemini shape would be quite a task I believe, since it couldn't be used for much else.

Which ones? There are no long ones, the best ones I can see for this would be a bazillion of the tiny ones.

48 minutes ago, redmonddkgamer said:

Which ones? There are no long ones, the best ones I can see for this would be a bazillion of the tiny ones.

Or, like, 8 or so... :P

I'm not at home or I would check which part it is, but one of the 3 sizes of radial yellow cylindrical airbags are comparable in size to the ones in that Reddit link you posted. IIRC I could only fit about 8 of them radially around the 2.5m base of a command pod, I used them on my FASA Saturn/Apollo build for the CM. If you find a mod with better ones let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Marcelo Silveira said:

A long time ago BobCat made a very good model of the Apollo LRV for his American Pack with folding panels and seats for 2 kerbals. However it was made for 0.25 (or something) version so the wheels are completely borked.

I know. Does his LEM model have the payload bay? I'd do the model editing for the FASA part myself, but I don't know anything about Blender, Maya, 3DSMax, or config editing beyond adding modules to parts. I could always replace the wheel configs with ones for working wheels, but I can't find a working download for his pack.

12 hours ago, Marcelo Silveira said:

A long time ago BobCat made a very good model of the Apollo LRV for his American Pack with folding panels and seats for 2 kerbals. However it was made for 0.25 (or something) version so the wheels are completely borked.

I loved Bobcats stuff shame its gone now as it had a restricted license might have been picked up by others if it had a less restrictive one 

Edited by Virtualgenius

On 3/4/2017 at 11:28 AM, redmonddkgamer said:

could always replace the wheel configs with ones for working wheels, but I can't find a working download for his pack.

that's not how it works. The fundamental way the wheel objects are set up in unity has changed and the models themselves are bad. no amount of config editing will fix it.

On 3/4/2017 at 11:35 PM, Virtualgenius said:

I loved Bobcats stuff shame its gone now as it had a restricted license might have been picked up by others if it had a less restrictive one 

That's not true. All of his stuff has either been replaced by better parts(his soviet stuff) or taken into a larger pack and updated there(his american parts).

4 hours ago, redmonddkgamer said:

Thanks, now I feel like an idiot. But then again, the closest thing to modding I have ever done is adding TAC modules to command pods.

The great wheel breakage of 1.1 got to us all in some way. Wheels and legs were always picky about the component hierarchy, and that's changed, so you have to edit the part in unity and re-export. Probably edit the 3d model as well. Depending. From what @raidernick says, it sounds like this part will need a full overhaul. Which pretty much means making the part from scratch. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/01/2017 at 10:04 AM, Jebs_SY said:

-Chutes: commented out DRAG_CUBE{} and ModuleDragModifier from the chutes to fix huge drag in combination with realchute

The drag cubes on the pods are still screwed up. Either that or the chutes aren't providing enough drag. Whatever the problem is, I can't make a splashdown at 100m/s.

19 minutes ago, redmonddkgamer said:

The drag cubes on the pods are still screwed up. Either that or the chutes aren't providing enough drag. Whatever the problem is, I can't make a splashdown at 100m/s.

Not with that attitude you can't.

So, I got a quick question. 

I am trying to use FASA parts to make an Apollo mission, and I can't find the SPS Engine (The engine for the service module). 

I've looked for (looks at watch that doesn't exist) about an hour and can't find it. 

Can someone help me out with it's location? I've looked at every part made by FASA manufacturer.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.