[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

8 hours ago, Fredde104 said:

Does anyone have a fix for the 'Hatches Obstructed* isse with the LM?

Assuming you didn't stack something on top of the LEM hatch....

Go to IVA and click "Open hatch" handle.  :)

The LEM was made by DennyTX  And he took a straight engineer approach to everything (which is awesome but makes you have to click buttons inside to work certain things.

This is one of several reasons why I have switched to using SSTU's Apollo top end on FASA Saturn Rockets.

On 11/28/2016 at 10:01 AM, Probus said:

It better not be dead!

It isn't, it's been continued & expanded here:

Sad to say that it is craft breaking though, but it comes with its own!

plz no one get triggered by this

Edited by minepagan

On 11/30/2016 at 2:44 PM, minepagan said:

It isn't, it's been continued & expanded here:

Um, first I have a lot of respect for @CobaltWolf and @VenomousRequiem for their BDB mod.  However, to call BDB a Continuation of FASA when no parts are in common is an out right fallacy.   BDB chose several different approaches to NASA based rockets than @frizzank did with FASA.  All that means is they are each their own unique Mod and one is not based on the other.   It is the individual user who will determine which mod is right for them.   I have BDB on one computer.  And I have a heavily modified FASA on the other.

In the end, I still prefer using the standard 0.625x sized parts that FASA gives vs the mixed sized parts that BDB gives (I can swap in more parts from other mods easier that way.)   Sure my FASA Saturn V is too narrow to be exactly 0.64 scale, but the parts fit standard KSP gaming sizes and I can find plenty of mods that will cross pollinate without major issues or re-scale requirements.    

1 minute ago, Pappystein said:

Um, first I have a lot of respect for @CobaltWolf and @VenomousRequiem for their BDB mod.  However, to call BDB a Continuation of FASA when no parts are in common is an out right fallacy.   BDB chose several different approaches to NASA based rockets than @frizzank did with FASA.  All that means is they are each their own unique Mod and one is not based on the other.   It is the individual user who will determine which mod is right for them.   I have BDB on one computer.  And I have a heavily modified FASA on the other.

In the end, I still prefer using the standard 0.625x sized parts that FASA gives vs the mixed sized parts that BDB gives (I can swap in more parts from other mods easier that way.)   Sure my FASA Saturn V is too narrow to be exactly 0.64 scale, but the parts fit standard KSP gaming sizes and I can find plenty of mods that will cross pollinate without major issues or re-scale requirements.   

I actually didn't know you used our mod! (shoutout to the 3rd co-author @Jso)

I'd be lying if I didn't want to see BDB replace FASA in some way... but that's mostly a desire of mine as a result of how much work I've put into it. FWIW I recommend using Tweakscale with BDB to make the most use of the new sizes and/or maximize compatibility. But to each their own, of course. :)

20 hours ago, Pappystein said:

You have some very valid points, almost all of which I agree with. However, I was honestly just making a joke at the expense of all the people complainig "y dis no work update now plez" despite there being another similar (but not identical) mod that does work.

7 hours ago, minepagan said:

You have some very valid points, almost all of which I agree with. However, I was honestly just making a joke at the expense of all the people complainig "y dis no work update now plez" despite there being another similar (but not identical) mod that does work.

Humour, satire, irony, and sarcasm are all too often wasted here on the KSP forum. :P

Edited by Stone Blue

On 12/10/2016 at 7:44 PM, nickrulercreator said:

Having a little problemo with the LEM/LEM base for the Saturn V. For some reason the landing legs don't feel like retracting when I put them on the LEM in the VAB, and this creates a slight problem. How can I fix this.

you don't say...that could be due to the fact that the legs don't work since the unity 5 update, which was months ago...

On 12/10/2016 at 6:44 PM, nickrulercreator said:

Having a little problemo with the LEM/LEM base for the Saturn V. For some reason the landing legs don't feel like retracting when I put them on the LEM in the VAB, and this creates a slight problem. How can I fix this.

*cough* BDB has working landing legs *cough*

Shameless advertisement concluded, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

On 12/10/2016 at 6:44 PM, nickrulercreator said:

Here is alittle work around for the LEM legs

@PART[FASALM_LandingLegs]:Final
{
     -MODULE[ModuleLandingLeg]{}

MODULE
    {
    name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
    animationName = LandingLegSE
    isOneShot = false
    startEventGUIName = Extend
    endEventGUIName = Retract
    actionGUIName = Toggle Legs
    }
}

@PART[FASALM_LandingLegsSA]:Final
{

MODULE
    {
    isOneShot = false
    }
}

@PART[FASALM_LandingLegStaircase]:Final
{

MODULE
    {
    isOneShot = false
    }
}

Here is the work around patch https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/FASA_Lem_Leg_Patch.cfg

Edited by Mecripp2
EDIT- Added link

16 hours ago, BNSF1995 said:

How exactly do I install this patch?

Assuming you have never made a module manager patch before:

Make a plain text file and call it LEM leg fix.cfg or something similar. Whatever you call it, make sure you change the file type from *.txt to *.cfg

Paste the lines from MeCripp 's post above into your new file, and put the file in your gamedata folder as he instructed above.

Edit: Oh, I see he provided a link to a ready made file!

Thanks for the patch btw!

Edited by OneEyedBob
missed content

2 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Hi Fasa Fans is there a community list of fixes for Fasa I am using the version Raidernick stated but can only get half of the craft i build to fly without flipping and the little gemini lander pod doesnt show up at all.

Are you using RealChute? If so read the repply below.
About the gamini lander pod not showing I have no idea.

All the realchute stuff for fasa is gone took it all out 

ok sorted the Gemini lander pod it had commandpod where it should have said module = part for some odd reason 

I seem to have sorted the flipping issue by disassembling each craft in the craft file and assembling and saving another odd outcome

Also a problem was reported on the realplume thread with it affecting SRBs 

Edited by Virtualgenius

• 2 weeks later...

Going to post this in the newly started thread and here as well.  If this Mod has been taken up by the Bluedog guys, then that's great.  But please do not follow up on your statement, " I'd be lying if I didn't want to see BDB replace FASA in some way".  As much as I understand your desire, it wouldn't be appreciated by myself.  I know my opinion is like the rest, and really only valuable to me :( but I love Frizzank and Denny's models, a shout to Nathen for picking it up. I think Raider had his hand in it, but don't exactly recall.  Trying to replace it is not maintaining it.  Now I think you were just dropping in your opinion, but if not, please reconsider parting this one out, only to sell off to the highest bidder, its a classic and should remain so. Like Minepagan said, they are both of the same origin, but completely different in what they offer.  Either way, I end my posts the same, thx a ton for your hard work.  Not just lip service, I think about what you guys do every time I grab a mod, and shrug thinking about how much you guys must dread the word, "Patch" or "Update".

Edited by ArkaelDren

Copying my response from another FASA thread here also for everyone to see

I have fixed all of the bad collider problems with the parts. Currently the landing gear parts are all broken because of the KSP update. I have no intention of wasting my time trying to fix them as wheels/landing gear are a NIGHTMARE to get working properly now(not that they were easy before either). You could "fix" them by removing the landing gear modules and just using modulenaimategeneric. This would mean you couldnt control them with "g" and they would have no shock absorbing capability, but at least they would extend/retract properly. I do this for all my mod parts that need landing gear because of how annoying it is to get the actual landing gear module to work.

If someone wants to update the configs to use the generic animate module and any other minor config changes needed for 1.2, make a PR on the fasa git and I will review and merge it and make a new release.

I will also add it back to ckan once updated

Edited by raidernick

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.