[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

hey what would you say about MOL? (manned orbital Labratory) -purposed space station using gemini

I'd say it's pretty cool. :cool:

s7v1B16.jpg

As a matter of fact, I should rebuild this now that we have the big docking ring.

Hey, any chance of adding parts for Winged Gemini or Big G? I always thought those were two of the most interesting proposed Gemini variants...

Also, a suggestion--perhaps the nose parachute on the Gemini could be made a drogue parachute, and the main chute is a tiny little sidemount so that you can have the real-world horizontal orientation under the main?

Hey, any chance of adding parts for Winged Gemini or Big G? I always thought those were two of the most interesting proposed Gemini variants...

Also, a suggestion--perhaps the nose parachute on the Gemini could be made a drogue parachute, and the main chute is a tiny little sidemount so that you can have the real-world horizontal orientation under the main?

It would be fun it goes with the whole "I would have to recreate the capsule" and its not a small undertaking. I have to finish up work im doing on NovaPunch before I can start any of that.

Well, I was thinking that both Winged G and Big G could be done with parts that bolt onto the standard Gemini capsule, to simplify matters. In Big G's case, that'd be pretty accurate, too, as it used the Gemini-B capsule without the aft heat shield, but with the extended cabin permanently attached in place of the Gemini service module, with a service module behind that... it might simplify the modelling task if you don't have to do a new command capsule for them.

It would be fun it goes with the whole "I would have to recreate the capsule" and its not a small undertaking. I have to finish up work im doing on NovaPunch before I can start any of that.

oh sorry, did you lose the pre .mu- compiled model?

yeah that would suck if that were the case.

I would like to redo the exterior of the gemini, since some of it is still the original, from way back in .13. Also mercury would be fun maybe some other stuff. Dont know if i can do a deploy-able wing without plugins though.

Gemini VII

Launched on 4 December 1965, Commander Frank Borman and Pilot James Lovell Jr. completed a 14 day mission. While in orbit, Gemini VI rendezvoused with Gemini VII. This was the worlds first rendezvous between two crewed spacecraft.

GREAT work on this mod first off. I've been trying to find more real world missions for KSP. I've always been fascinated with space, but who isn't?... Finding this sent me on a mission to learn more. For the last week or so, I've been doing a lot of reading about the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo missions, and then actually being able to do them is awesome. Though I have yet to really grasp the concept of rendezvousing without the help of mechjeb, I was able to make a successful dock from about 200m out, without using mechjeb. I still have a few more missions to go before I start my Apollo missions. I was wondering if anyone could point me to an accurate ATV or an ATDA? I know I could just build one, but would prefer something not so Kerbaly.Thank you again and keep up the great work. Hope to see more of your stuff soon.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to an accurate ATV or an ATDA? I know I could just build one, but would prefer something not so Kerbaly.

ATV as in Automated Transfer Vehicle?

Edited by lpam

Not sure if this has been picked up but in the copy of the pack I have the half sized spotlight has a rescale value of 1.5 instead of 0.5.

Thank you for pointing this out, did any one else see any bugs with the current version of FASA?

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say this is one of my favorite mods. Not only is it well detailed and works correctly. It also inspired me to learn about these two programs more than i ever did before. And eye opener and fun times, what can be better! I hope you guys continue to do more american type add-ons.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.