Minecraft Discussion Thread

swiftgates24

Since the forums have been knocked out and this thread no longer exists, we need a new one :) Talk about anything in Minecraft, share stuff you built, just have it INVOLVE MINECRAFT! :D

I build my houses into large caves on the surface. I shape it how I need it to be, fence off the top, and then add rooms for all my needs.

Edited by swiftgates24

i decided to play minecraft again for a bit because of this thread, i fogot how fun it is, AND ****** unforgiving i just got blown up by 5 creepers in the space of one minute and all in the same space next to my house >:(

Speaking of servers, I created the legendary Obsidian to create servers automatically. Have a look in there and drop a reply :D

Been playing for a few years, recently played some last night after a KSP binge~ I have an obsession with building submarine bases in cliff faces, anyone else do this?

I have an obsession with building houses into the gound. Maybe I need to stop visualising my house as Aperture Laboratories.

Been playing for a few years, recently played some last night after a KSP binge~ I have an obsession with building submarine bases in cliff faces, anyone else do this?

Im obsessed w/ building houses of any kinds. I've only built about 5 redstone contraptions, but i bet I've built over 25* houses in my MC career. I like to challenge myself sometimes by trying to build a functioning house that looks good in a 4*4*4 cube.

*Edited from 50 because of a re-count. That's what happens when you try to remember numbers at 00:30.

EDIT:

A few of my houses. I'll take screens of the insides or close-up of the houses if anybody wants them.

pUZ6NY3l.png Built off of one of those pyramid temple things you find scattered around minecraft. Has 4 floors and working doorbell. My best construct and I'm still building onto it.

8wCT32Ol.pngFound an island, built a house. Went for an inverted-pyramid style. Has 4 floors and plenty of storage.

1j1IzsEl.pngChallenged myself to build a small house. Has 3 floors, with one being a storage room, one a crafting and furnacing area with storage as well, and one being the bedroom.

Edited by Flymetothemun

i too am obsessed with building underground houses but that is mainly to stop greifers personally i think i am getting too good at it last time someone managed to make a large shop directly on top of my house, they thought i was a greifer when i bursted through their floor lol

Minecraft was the last game before KSP that I was truly obsessed with. Just now I picked it up again, now I'm building a megalomaniac fortress on extreme hills. I'm trying to distribute between games, so I don't grow tired of either anymore.

I always tend to build my houses on extreme hills, since they provide decent protection. The height is equally lethal for players though... I just wish the mobs were a little more intelligent, so defensive positions would actually be useful.

i decided to play minecraft again for a bit because of this thread, i fogot how fun it is, AND ****** unforgiving i just got blown up by 5 creepers in the space of one minute and all in the same space next to my house >:(

'/gamerule mobGriefing false' and '/gamerule keepInventory true' are your freinds :cool:

I love Minecraft, but my computer is not good enough to run it smoothly... :(

House Preferences: A house on top of an Extreme Hill, with a mine shaft ALL the way down to diamond level.

The only time I legitly found diamonds was on 0.5.0 Pocket Edition. I really need to improve on my mining technique. :P

I also like modded Minecraft.

I love Minecraft, but my computer is not good enough to run it smoothly... :(

What kind of computer do you run? I say tweaking is an art, since I ran it in a playable fasion on my old Pentium 4. It was far from ideal, but hey, it was playable.

What kind of computer do you run? I say tweaking is an art, since I ran it in a playable fasion on my old Pentium 4. It was far from ideal, but hey, it was playable.

me too :D, lol. I still got lag, but I could get it to run on low settings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.