Planet Ribbons Redux

Unistrut

Could you post an example? I might be able to fix it, what with having the source image an all that.

Well, one of the most flagrant example is the Kerbal lost stripe : nlCatD3.png

Once extracted (This image), if I place it over the shieldl, it look like this : MEeitcO.png

instead of like this : ZO2RRng.png

There is other weird black stuff, like on this pips :

b8m7N4f.png

where the line should be drawn.

As always, it would be honor system. You just select what you think you deserve. Hell, if I wanted to I could have a full bar right now with all the devices. It's all about what you think you deserve at the end of the day.

As always, it would be honor system. You just select what you think you deserve. Hell, if I wanted to I could have a full bar right now with all the devices. It's all about what you think you deserve at the end of the day.

Exactly. The honor system works for this. Getting other people involved in deciding that Mod X is too beneficial but Mod Y is acceptable isn't necessary and would be a lot of hassle.

Just to clarify what might be a technicality: Do gravity slingshots count, or do you have to circularize an orbit at at least two planets with the same ship?

Technically yes. If you were to take a ship, launch it from Kerbin, slingshot off Duna to Jool then you would qualify. The original "Grand Tour" was a series of slingshots anyway. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_Grand_Tour

Well, one of the most flagrant example is the Kerbal lost stripe : nlCatD3.png

Once extracted (This image), if I place it over the shieldl, it look like this : MEeitcO.png

instead of like this : ZO2RRng.png

There is other weird black stuff, like on this pips :

b8m7N4f.png

Okay. Let me see what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're using Moustachauve's generator you'll need to ask him - if you're using the GIMP / Photoshop version make sure you're saving it as a .jpg instead of a .psd or .... .xcf? Whatever GIMP's equivalent of a .psd is.

Sorry I haven't been more productive recently, March - April - June is far and away my busiest time of the year, with more than a few instances of getting to go to work fifteen days straight. Once July hits everything calms down.

Exactly. The honor system works for this. Getting other people involved in deciding that Mod X is too beneficial but Mod Y is acceptable isn't necessary and would be a lot of hassle.

and how would you verify it anyway? :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

The signature format generated by my website have been reduced to fit the forum rules : not taller than 80px and not wider than 750px

Also, I found out why it wasn't working correctly, Unistrut. You are using offsets and transparency in your layers, so when I use my automated layer extractions script, it screw it up

Edited by Moustachauve

I'm glad you were able to figure it out - I'm still in crazy time at work. I've had three days off this month so far and don't get another day off until July. When I go on vacation for two weeks.

The ribbons have been updated to version 1.0.0 !

I considered the ribbons to now be in their complete form (More things will come as they are added to the game)

Changelog :

- Whole new simple Mission Flag Generator (Still in progress)

- Ribbons now automatically adjust to the right height instead of the static 80px of before

- Ribbons now respect the signature's rules : Not taller than 80 pixels and not wider than 750 pixels

Minor issue: Your redirector seems broken.

Other than that, my only comment was "What, no insignia for 'Lander if we're lucky, Impactor otherwise'?" Followed by "Nope, no need for an Impactor insignia, if the kerbals live but the ship is nonfunctional, it's a Base, if they don't live, there's noone to plant the flag."

• 1 month later...

What are the requirements for a grand tour flag? Is there a website that will put it together to look all neat for me? I've already found the regular ribbon site, but I don't see anything for the grand tour.

siggrandtour.pngshieldexample.png

Two examples of the Grand Tour shield. Amusingly enough, I don't actually qualify for this, despite having sent large reusable vessels to both Duna and Jool. I built the first, fired it off towards Jool, learned some lessons, built the second, and launched it towards the Mun and then Duna. They're currently both parked in LKO awaiting their next planetary transfer window. Once the City of Fresno reaches Jool I'll actually have qualified.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.