Unistrut

Planet Ribbons Redux

185 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Scaprod said:

How to put these ribbons on?

This thread is for the ribbon images and rules only.  If you need help with your generated ribbon set from Kerbaltek.com, please post in the thread for that here: 

Secondary

;.; my ribbons

Edited by Scaprod
;-;

11 minutes ago, Scaprod said:

Secondary

;.; my ribbons

There is no need to keep posting.  :wink:  Your signature changes in all your posts, even those posted in the past.

Just now, Ezriilc said:

There is no need to keep posting.  :wink:  Your signature changes in all your posts, even those posted in the past.

They are back nice

My Jool probe mission has succeded beyond my wildest dreams, having entered the SOI of Tylo, Laythe, Vall besides Jool itself, and orbited Vall and Tylo. If I read the rules correctly, it means it qualifies for a Grand Tour shield, albeit meeting the requirements in the smallest possible way. Is that correct?

Read the discussion, got my negative answer.

Edited by Freshmeat

7 hours ago, Freshmeat said:

My Jool probe mission has succeded beyond my wildest dreams, having entered the SOI of Tylo, Laythe, Vall besides Jool itself, and orbited Vall and Tylo. If I read the rules correctly, it means it qualifies for a Grand Tour shield, albeit meeting the requirements in the smallest possible way. Is that correct?

Read the discussion, got my negative answer.

I'm not the authority on this, @Unistrut is, but if your probe visited more than 1 body, then I don't see why you can't claim the Grand Tour shield.  If I were you and had done that, I would claim it.  See rule below.

On 4/20/2013 at 5:30 PM, Unistrut said:

1.2 Grand Tour

The Grand Tour shield is awarded when a vessel has visited (entered the SOI of) more than two worlds. A pip is awarded for each planet / moon visited. The craft used on the Grand Tour is indicated in the center. Kerbal Lost and Kerbal Saved are awarded as normal. To the left and the right of the center device are the Orbital Device and arrows and Landing Device and arrows. On the first orbit / landing the device is awarded, and then an arrow is awarded for each subsequent world orbited / landed on. The entire vessel doesn't need to land to be eligible for a Landing Arrow. As long as the lander was carried to the world by the ship that is conducting the Grand Tour it counts for a Landing Arrow.

Tentative idea for a new category:

Constructor Vessel: A vessel capable of assembling another vessel.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Alex33212 said:

Tentative idea for a new category:

Constructor Vessel: A vessel capable of assembling another vessel.

Isn't that usually a tiny little RCS tug, especially if there are RCS ports on the modules being assembled?

9 hours ago, Archgeek said:

Isn't that usually a tiny little RCS tug, especially if there are RCS ports on the modules being assembled?

I guess I meant a station or such that used something like Extraplanetary Launchpads to build vessels from shipped-up parts.
It was kind of a offhand idea anyway.