-Minecraft- Mistral Island

swiftgates24

V39k0Mu.png

It's basically an island in a game I want to make, but since I have no programming skills that is a huge dream :) Sooooooo........I'm going to build it in Minecraft! If you have any questions about the project/picture, post a reply below.

That little blank region in the center is where you start, Kef Village (1-4). The text is to small to see...

And yes, the 120 means level 120 :D

Team:

swiftgates24

ROLFCopter64bit

hotmailcompany42

an insignificant kerbal

Edited by swiftgates24

It's - don't run away - sorta like World of Warcraft. But I got rid of all the stupid stuff, and made it fun and less violent. Instead of PvP, and all these fantasy creatures, I made it humans only and way more realistic. It's also based around having a great multiplayer experience. You can play with your friends the entire game, if you wish. Also, as you can probably see, this is an island. You sail the seas traveling to different islands. This is only the first. As you level up, you get better boats. At level 34 you get a sail boat, which can only travel small distances. At level 65, you get a small boat, which can travel from island to island. Hope this helps :)

The whole world map area is 12.24 feet, so let's put that into, say, 1224 miles. Each block in minecraft is 3 yards, 1 mile = 1760 yards, so 1760 x 1224.

That's an area of 2,154,240 blocks in Minecraft...a little too many to get done in reasonable time. If you really want to do it, maybe on a smaller scale, I'll do it with ya.

But it still wouldn't be possible probably, because so many mechanics are needed that aren't in Minecraft, such as sailing, unless mods are used. Really, the game could be made on it's own, but I just can't model, code, texture, and I absolutely don't have the money.

I found a troll saying he wanted to make a similar game, and people were saying he can't do it. One guy told him he needed to learn C++ or C#, and he said "Thanks, but I don't want to make a text game. I want to make a game with graphics :)" What an ignorant fool.

Edited by swiftgates24

Yeah, that sounds good. I have something better than Worldedit, though :) If you want to start the project, we can, just tell me what you need :) And to be honest, to make this simple, wanna just do this island and make this island huge? Or still include the other islands?

you could try using the tool worldpainter it basically lets you easily create worlds, kinda by painting them in the program XD http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/231255-worldpainter-v124-graphical-interactive-map-creatorgenerator/

We we're gonna use that for terrain, I already know about it :wink:

And ROFL, that looks great! But what about the islands on the side?

And hotmail, an infinite ocean map.

------------------------------How we build the map------------------------------

We will make the Mistral Island multiple times, until we get the size we want (Probably around 30,000 blocks in length). After that, if I understand what ROFL is going to do, he will write a program to make the entire island (without details) for us, but it will be flat. Then I go in and use WorldPainter to add elevation. Next we probably use something to make different tree types. Then we all go in and add cities and villages and all the little things we need. Finally, we add the quest system.

Edited by swiftgates24

Okay, just be aware that this will be huge (As in WoW huge), so it might take a while.

I can start hosting a server now, if you guys want. Using Obsidian, of course :)

EDIT: I'll PM the IP to you guys.

Edited by swiftgates24

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.