Rareden's Projects

Rareden

I would guess, from the process I went through for him to make a render of my ship, he constructs an approximation of what the ship looks like from screenshots using the models and textures from the game's parts folder in a high-quality 3D modeling program.

Hope I'm not spilling any trade secrets here- it seems like it would be self-evident after seeing some of the finished results, and how KSP saves ships (as a series of coordinates and multiple models, as opposed to a unified file to use in modeling software).

i do have to do alot of work on the models to make them look decent for rendering, problem with spilling all the beans, is that if this is what you also do for a job, then every kid is gona be going around pirating programs to do this

i do have to do alot of work on the models to make them look decent for rendering, problem with spilling all the beans, is that if this is what you also do for a job, then every kid is gona be going around pirating programs to do this

You can PM me anything, and I'll keep it private.

If you were to move the scene sideways ever so slighty and put them side-by-side, It could become cross-eyed 3d. Not the image, the scene.

i spose i could make them 3d would have to re-render and post process each pic, dont know if i can be bothered. If enough people want it then i can.

WOW, looks awesome!

So, how did you did this?

He kind of wants it to be a secret because he uses a high end software or something like that and he doesn't want the kids on this forum to go and pirate it.

In all honesty he is correct.

(But I still want to know. lol. :sticktongue:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.