[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

It would be really simple to make your own intake adapter for now, though it certainly wouldn't look as pretty; attach the engine adapter imversely and put intakes on those four spots.

edit after hours of playtesting: I really want to use and love this pack, but everything's just too goddamned heavy – especially ****ing adapters – I can't accomplish anything. It also still lacks a lot of useful adapters.

Weight is essential to control the breakability of parts in the current KSP physics model. Large parts with small weight won't work properly and your craft will constantly snap. I don't see much of a problem here, though, as with large volumes come large amounts of fuel and with lots of fuel you can allow yourself to use powerful propulsion.

@TheCardinal You say illogical, I say it saves weight.

I was actually surprised by how small the parts were. Now I wish there was a mod with a big enough cargo bay to hold 3m vehicles and bigger rovers.. oh, right, it already exists.

Has anyone built anything with the walls&such? I myself am having trouble putting them anywhere. How would one go about launching something something of those proportions into space.. I guess this calls for some clever campaign rules and hyperediting.. Also, the SPH and VAB are too small! I wish we had a hangar similar to kinetic void. Maybe sometime in the future someone will make a mod for that.

Is it just me, or is the large intake part behaving somewhat strange (non-FAR mode)? Watching the numbers it displays if you right-click it, I noticed that while the 'flow' value is rather large if the aircraft is pointed directly at its prograde indicator, it sharply drops to a quite low level as soon as you pitch above the top edge of the green circle. However, if you pitch downwards no such thing happens. Since pitching up is far more common, this actually makes it more efficient to place this part upside-down, despite it looking awful. Another thing is that the 'drag' value seems to be exactly 0, unless in an orientation where the flow drops to a low value. I think this might mean that some transform in the model is pointing in the wrong way.

Is it just me, or is the large intake part behaving somewhat strange (non-FAR mode)? Watching the numbers it displays if you right-click it, I noticed that while the 'flow' value is rather large if the aircraft is pointed directly at its prograde indicator, it sharply drops to a quite low level as soon as you pitch above the top edge of the green circle. However, if you pitch downwards no such thing happens. Since pitching up is far more common, this actually makes it more efficient to place this part upside-down, despite it looking awful. Another thing is that the 'drag' value seems to be exactly 0, unless in an orientation where the flow drops to a low value. I think this might mean that some transform in the model is pointing in the wrong way.

Thanks for this! We just found it and fixed it, they were indeed pointing up. Will be fixed in 2-6, along with a fix for the extra drag from the mass.

I don't have access to my game at the moment so I don't know the name off the top of my head but the two seater cockpit where the pilots sit one in front of the other always lags the game for me. None of the other cockpits or parts do tho. Anyone else have this problem or know how I can fix it?

I can't get the Internals to work properly.

This is how all the Internals in this pack look:

KPS_B9.png

Does anybody know what i might have done wrong, and what to do to fix it?

Disable fallback shaders in your graphics options.

@TheCardinal You say illogical, I say it saves weight.

I was actually surprised by how small the parts were. Now I wish there was a mod with a big enough cargo bay to hold 3m vehicles and bigger rovers.. oh, right, it already exists.

Has anyone built anything with the walls&such? I myself am having trouble putting them anywhere. How would one go about launching something something of those proportions into space.. I guess this calls for some clever campaign rules and hyperediting.. Also, the SPH and VAB are too small! I wish we had a hangar similar to kinetic void. Maybe sometime in the future someone will make a mod for that.

I have launched a huge hangar into orbit already (24x64x80m, if I remember correctly) - with docking clamps, lights and stuff. No HyperEdit either, parts are lightweight and simple, you're not launching 8 meter fuel tanks, after all. All you need is a VERY balanced launcher straight in the middle. It's also convenient that you can cram your rockets right into the hollow area of your hangar, making large structures like that potentially more stable on ascent then long multi-stage rockets. What you need though is EdTools plugin to make VAB/SPH larger and improve the editing tools a bit.

Edited by bac9

I can confirm this. With positive attitude the drag increases, and due to the whole part having 3+tons it starts to flip the aircraft at greater speed, flying upside down makes drag value stay at 0.00. The Intake air also varies largely during the flight.

I don't have access to my game at the moment so I don't know the name off the top of my head but the two seater cockpit where the pilots sit one in front of the other always lags the game for me. None of the other cockpits or parts do tho. Anyone else have this problem or know how I can fix it?

This happens for me too although i don't recall it doing that the first time i loaded the MK2 cockpit... But now it does every time, even after restarting KSP.

Aside from that really great work !!!

I love this mod. Just amazing work on the parts and cockpits.

I've downloaded the newest version (today) and I am having problems with the S2 LFO Tank. No engines attached to it will work.

Try this as a demonstration. S2 cockpit - S2 LFO tank - any rocket engine. Then launch. Nothing happens except it spends fuel without the engines doing anything.

Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, apparently I only though I had upgraded, seems to work. :D

Edited by Nexus-7

After installing this mod, I can build with all the parts in the hangars just fine, but when I try to fly anything (even stock ships) I get a "KSP.exe has stopped working" error, not even a normal KSP crash.

What could the problem be? Any other mods known to conflict with this? I really need a fix because I forgot to make a copy of my KSP files before installing.

After installing this mod, I can build with all the parts in the hangars just fine, but when I try to fly anything (even stock ships) I get a "KSP.exe has stopped working" error, not even a normal KSP crash.

What could the problem be? Any other mods known to conflict with this?