MoachCraft Amalgamated Components

Moach

8)

well, i cobbled together a few of my previously released (rather loosely, i\'m afraid) parts and added a few of my new contraptions and stuff into a single pack, which i intend to turn onto a more 'presentable' collection of parts ::)

so, without further ado, i give you the MoachCraft Amalgamated Componets set! :thumbup:

MAC_PARTS.png

this pack includes:

* the LES kit (unaltered), with abort engine tower, cone decoupler and stackable parachute

* a revised version of the heatshield, with a better mesh and deflection-lift capabilities (will not override - old one not included)

* my highly experimental launch-pad base decoupler (check 'crew' category in VAB)

* the all-new long solid booster featured in

edit: new stuff!

* a compact and convenient SAS module designed specifically for upper-stage modules (where theres little rotating mass to stop) - applies a mild rotation damping to hold still wherever it stops (zero-Ki)

* the infamous 2m TetraCoupler - attaches 4 1m engines in a triangle configuration with a fourth in the center

* removed the non-compliant launchpad part which did nothing but cause problems on loading

* set all textures to 32 bit depth (no more redbug)

* re-classed the aeroheatshield to 'strut' - the new winglet class made it VERY unstable

now, let\'s have a little photoshoot and i\'ll post pics in a bit.... the link above has been updated - go get it :thumbup:

enjoy - :cheers:

maybe a PC version of the decoupler/solidbooster?

lolz!

or... in case that wasn't meant as a clever joke, MAC here stands for Moachcraft Amalgamated Components - nothing to do with a certain computer manufacturer and operating system ;D

and actually - regardless of what system you're running, addons should work just the same in any case ::)

Same here I have the same issue.

noted, it does not work, for some bizarre reason.... for now, just remove it - it's a highly experimental thing anyways (sometimes works, sometimes kiills everyone)

yes, i'm aware.... will do as soon as i get the chance

plus, i got a new part to add - the 2m stack tetracoupler, which fits 4 1m engines under a 2m bulkhead :thumbup:

and it's not as unstable as the stock tricoupler ::)

but right now, hunger speaks louder.... must... eat.... fooood...... :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for Necro-posting, but..

A question for a custom part I\'m making. Moach, on your old heatshield(decoupler version), what parameter did you use to make it stay attached to the part above it?

not sure i follow.... what exactly do you mean by 'attached to the part above it'?

i just took the CFG from a regular decoupler and modified it to match my needs... i set the attach_bottom and attach_top just a few centimeters apart, in a way that allows the shield and pod meshes to overlap just a bit when attached

so while i can\'t be of any further help since i don\'t exactly understand the question (might be \'cause i\'m a little drunk) - i advise you to look in the heatshields CFG file for anything that may help... there\'s really no secret there

anyways, from the cfg...

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.05, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
cost = 1200
category = 3
subcategory = 0
title = HMMC9 HeatShield
manufacturer = Kwersix Kitchen wares & Co.
description = the HMMC9 is the debut of the company\'s line of spacecraft products - although given some funny looks by overzealous scientists, reentry heatshields aren\'t (we hope) too different from oven mitts! - and better yet, it\'s ASBESTOS FREE!

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.2
dragModelType = override
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 12
maxTemp = 5400

stageAfter = False
stageBefore = False

Thanks, looks good !

small request - could you name your parts folder with something like 'moach\' before each part? that way we can see which parts are from where, etc etc.

Ah, and another thing - i love the new decoupler. I can see variations of this having huge possibilities - Think 1.75 meter core with a single 1 meter adapter and 3 0.5 -0.3 diameter adaptor options. Or a 3 meter version with a 2 meter core and 3-6 1 meter options around that. Or like ATLAS A-D, a small 0.5 diameter core and 2 1 meter engines alongside it.

All I need now is a simple vertical strong decoupler that allows fuel flow... Drop Engines ala Atlas here I come!

I know other parts like this exist from wobbley rockets, but yours arent wobbly :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.