[1.0]Vanguard Technologies | EVA parachutes | still works

Kreuzung

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 11:38 AM, vardicd said:

Also noticed this link in the first post:

There's now a little plugin that adds parachutes to any Kerbal without requiring parachute boxes -> *click me* (Doesn't replace anything, so you can just add/remove it whenever you want... but of course you have to install this mod first :P Also this doesn't use the R&D system and will give you parachutes from the very beginning.

Is broken. anyone know where I can find this bit?

Edit: also seems this mod might not work all the time? first couple of tests worked ok, but then randomly killed one kerbal on eject, and kicked the other onto an escape trajectory from the solar system, as soon as the parachute deployed. pretty sure poor valentina's parachute wasn't supposed to kick her out of the solar system.

I can't find out how to get there either, if there is someone who has a link, much appreciated

1 hour ago, CaptainAl said:

I can't find out how to get there either, if there is someone who has a link, much appreciated

The only way I've found to make it work, is to use CKAN. which I hate.

I installed everything in the OP manually, 3 items, then I deleted the two parts, the ejector and parachute box.  Loaded the game launched a rocket, jumped out, right clicked the kerbal and the parachute options were there and worked fine.  

Rz2LmzE.png

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, graphite747 said:

Is anyone working on updating this for 1.1? I think we can all agree that would be stellar!

I was wondering if it might just work as it says [1.0] but it works with 1.0.5

On 2016-04-24 at 1:54 PM, CaptainAl said:

I was wondering if it might just work as it says [1.0] but it works with 1.0.5

That is almost certainly not the case, not the least reason for which would be the fact that this mod uses context menus, and those have migrated from basically individual modules to one single module in Unity 5. Also I tried it and no-can-do.

On 2016-04-24 at 2:00 PM, tomf said:

I've looked briefly at the source code and there are a bunch of errors caused by the API changing. It's going to take a bit of fixing.

I wish you the best on your efforts, this is a much appreciated mod that should really be in stock, I mean I'm fairly certain that wearable parachutes pre-date the space age, and as far as being a component in a simulation, it fits like a glove. :) (plus I miss powered parasailing on Duna with my eva thrusters.)

Edited by graphite747

Just now, tomf said:

I'm afraid I'm really not up to fixing this mod, I took a quick look which was enough to tell me it was beyond my skill.

Do you know if there's a modding resource anywhere for the migration from 1.0.5 to 1.1(.x)?

I think this is really cool. Unfortunately, all the mod does is add two yellow boxes that have yet to do anything. Is this a 1.1 problem or a problem for me? I use OS X El Capitan.

18 minutes ago, PTGFlyer said:

I think this is really cool. Unfortunately, all the mod does is add two yellow boxes that have yet to do anything. Is this a 1.1 problem or a problem for me? I use OS X El Capitan.

It doesn't work in 1.1.2