[1.0]Vanguard Technologies | EVA parachutes | still works

Kreuzung

On 30/4/2016 at 6:47 PM, graphite747 said:

Do you know if there's a modding resource anywhere for the migration from 1.0.5 to 1.1(.x)?

Try 

It all really depends on what pieces of code that is incompatible with 1.1.2. I have update a couple of mods, which really only need to be recompiled against the new 1.1.2 build. Others needs some work. If you get stumped, use the "Plugin Development Help and Support" forum and ask questions. There are a lot of helpfull people in there :)

This is, surprisingly, one of the mods that has created some of my favorite KSP moments... bad re-entry damages the plane, aero drag does more.. trying to limp it across the western ocean and can't quite clear the mountains... crew bailout and survive.. some very heroic stuff  going on there :P  can't wait to have this mod back again :)

14 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

This is, surprisingly, one of the mods that has created some of my favorite KSP moments... bad re-entry damages the plane, aero drag does more.. trying to limp it across the western ocean and can't quite clear the mountains... crew bailout and survive.. some very heroic stuff  going on there :P  can't wait to have this mod back again :)

agreed.

nice to see those chutes open to save the little broccoli's life..

Hi all, looks like I have a VNG light working in 1.1.2 that being a version of VNG that only has the parachute parts.

In all the years I've used VNG the only other feature I've used apart from the chutes, has been the KR animate , but that was outclassed by the intro  of animation groups, so not really needed,  almost everything is working fine, eject ejects and fits chute to kerbals, BUT having issues with self deployment, you can easily select the right click gui and trigger the semi and fully deployment, but i really want them to self deploy for those catastrophic failure times when you have several crew members ejected at the same time. Can't seem to find the trigger hooks for the deploy by keys but am working on it.. 

Another key issue is that they refuse to work in FAR games even with an MM patch to swap the parachute module for the RealChuteLight that FAR uses. I've encountered exactly this same issue with the SM Chute and it may not be resolvable.

Cdt0Vzm.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all, looks like I have a VNG light working in 1.1.2 that being a version of VNG that only has the parachute parts.

In all the years I've used VNG the only other feature I've used apart from the chutes, has been the KR animate , but that was outclassed by the intro  of animation groups, so not really needed,  almost everything is working fine, eject ejects and fits chute to kerbals, BUT having issues with self deployment, you can easily select the right click gui and trigger the semi and fully deployment, but i really want them to self deploy for those catastrophic failure times when you have several crew members ejected at the same time. Can't seem to find the trigger hooks for the deploy by keys but am working on it.. 

Another key issue is that they refuse to work in FAR games even with an MM patch to swap the parachute module for the RealChuteLight that FAR uses. I've encountered exactly this same issue with the SM Chute and it may not be resolvable.

Cdt0Vzm.png

In 1.0.x, EVA parachutes worked with FAR.. did something change in 1.1.x to break that?

20 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

In 1.0.x, EVA parachutes worked with FAR.. did something change in 1.1.x to break that?

Can't honestly say whats going on at this point, except that if anything the decent gets faster when a chute is deployed. Could just be a badly formed MM patch, there has to be a patch because FAR switches off stock aero, so without the removal of the Kerbachute module and replacement with the RealChute Light that FAR uses they are no more use than a jello sunhat. 

In other news I've swapped out the old VNG chute for the stockalike from my SM_Chutes modlet, I really never like the square chute. Also I now have the EVA use keys working properly and a version of the module that automatically applies a chute to every Kerbal,  it's getting closer.. Though before i release it back into the wilds there is a couple of things I'd like to sort, 1) It needs a failsafe so in cases of multiple ejection all your crew will land safely, opening automatically to semi deploy at 500 mtrs and to fully deploy at 100, the manual deploy options remain,  though I have moved the fully deploy limit up to 200 mtrs.

I would also dearly like to find a way to be able to select different style chutes, at present the path is hard coded so only a chute in the right place with the right name can be used, I currently have 3 chutes that will work with the plugin but only 1 is selected by the plugin, the chutes are not oriented or prepared like stock chutes so I don't think there's a way to utilize any of those.

Sounds great.

This simple mod has been a important part of my kerbal torture / flight testing for as long as it has been around

I have a dedicated instal setup for single mod testing, if you would like I can help debug points for you (you tell me what you want tested and or i do it on my own) and get all info back to you.

Really need this, with your chutes and abilities...

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, stickman939 said:

Anyone know if this mod is being maintained still? Or if there's a 1.1.2 compatibility patch somewhere? I can't seem to get it to work. lol

Hi, it wont work, there are some tweaks that need to be done, I do have a version working in 1.1.2, a bare bones version with nothing that doesn't relate to the functioning of the chutes. I had meant to release it into the wild before now, so many irons in the fire and ongoing collaborations and projects, I've got a backlog of finished updates waiting to be published.

Hopefully in the next week or so I'll be confident enough to release a usable version.. In the meantime if you're desperate for a Kerbal parachute  check out my little chute mod linked in my sig.

d7HNy1M.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ricewind said:

i can't access the plungin for some reason,whenever i click the link it takes me to the main page on the forums any help?

The Dropbox links work fine for me. Which link are you referring to?

I'm only getting parachutes if i eject with the ejection module i can't get any out of the box either I'm playing in v 1.0.2 as i can't update ksp any further ( if you can help with that please do) is there any reason? anything i can do to fix it

• 3 weeks later...