KIDI- Kerbal Interplanetary Defence Initiative

Despite not really being an active KSP member atm (as well as just finding out my profile had been eaten by some kind of space monster), i'll just go and whack together a warship to help revive this place. I hope donlokiman appears soon as his designs were great :)

Edit: OMG first post............... agin -_-

Talk about speed building, took about 3 minutes to put this together :P

Ok i present the GN-1A Gunship. It is a light patrol ship for use in kerbins SOI. It has 10 weapons hardpoints and has 6 NERA engines to power it through space both fast and effieciently.

The Booster system is easy to use, powerful and not at all prone to structural failure.

FAFoSM0.jpg

Forgot to add sepatrons to the tanks are rather close to the ship on seperation

8p9yDGe.jpg

lsaavD7.png

I have a couple on things waiting on me passing my driving license exam this wednesday and allowing myself to start KSP to actually launch them. I'll post them here ASAP.

Rune. If I can stick them on top of a Nova safely, that is.

this was made because someone asked to make a vessel capable of deploying space mines however when i came back to post it the event occurred so here it is xg9WuxZ.png launching 6bQb8RT.png gravity turn JtB2ub1.png deorbiting RMGab6X.png image of the mine feild from tracking station Below this are assorted images i was planning on posting to the original thread s9Fp8nm.pngkU6bvLC.jpgtPk5Y1L.jpgZksfax1.png6BTspVe.pngdsMZqd8.png

Well, I still find battle cruiser from Macey Dean most eastheticaly pleasing battleship and it´s firepower is awesome, but there are some drawbacks in design:

- limited ammo capacity

- reaching laythe is problematic if not impossible with ship as is

But still it is main battleship of my fleet until I find a replacement.

Well, I see the point of dumb projectile, smart projectiles are just small spaceships flight to collide with another object in orbit, you have to switch crafts and stuff... I find SRBs accurate enough for 500m shots againts large capital ships given my low pilot skills.

Now I´m equiping all my crafts with light missile consisting of 2 small girders, separator ,6 sepratrons, flat probe, docking port and small nose cone. It is light, part count is not bad and it packs a great punch! Just one hit with this and Macey´s battlecruiser is just pile of debris. Hit it with 2 and it will scatter all over the orbit. I will have to test it on carrier ship. This small simple missile can be carried even on light fighters and it makes classical armor inefficient.

This is my first post so it may not be perfect but i hope you like it

i cant come up with a name for it but if you have an idea id love to hear it

this light missile cruiser doesn't use to many parts and is more for looks than anything else. Im lazy and did not make a launch stage (tryin to keep part count down)

screenshot17.png

Mods used

-B9 aero space pack (good building parts)

-Mechjeb 2.0

-Lazor mod thingy (you know what im talkin about

-Lazor guided missiles that go with the Lazor mod

-i think that's it sorry if i missed one tell me if it does not work:)

I will have a craft file latter

Edited by brobel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.