TAC Fuel Balancer-DISCONTINUED

TaranisElsu

Using the preview version of 2.0 on .21, when I open the click the button to open the UI panel for the fuel balancer, it opens, but is empty and non-interactable (can't drag it around, clicks drop through it to stuff under, etc).

Looking in the output log, I am seeing:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Tac.FuelBalanceController.IsControllable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.MainWindow.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.Window`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

(Filename: Line: 396)

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.MainWindow.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.Window`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hope this helps (also hope I am not the only one running into this / doing something dumb).

Version 2.0 has now been released! And it is tested with 0.21.1.

See the original post.

You are my hero. As the guy above me stated: Thank you x100. This mod makes the tedium of interplanetary travels much, much better. No right clicking around clicking the wrong bloody tank and having to figure out which one you wanted to transfer from again in the first place.

I'm using every popular mod out there and I only had to drag/drop the TAC Fuel Balancer folder into gamedata.

I did delete the version 1.1 folder I had from before though. It might do wonky things if you leave them both in. Unsure.

I can not seem to get this working. I even tried a legacy install just to be sure. Is there any known issues with other mods?
I did clean install of KSP with 0.21, so that's not it I'm guessing=)

Kinda bumed, need this one for my longrange planes.

No known issues that I know of (yet), though I have had a lot of feature requests (working on them :))

Are there any errors in the Debug Log (Alt+F12)? Or in the log file {KSP}/KSP_Data/output_log.txt? Search the file for "TAC" and look for errors around those lines.

Also:

• What operating system are you on: Windows, Linux, Mac?
  • What other mods do you have installed?
  • What exactly is the issue?
  • Does it not show up at all?
  • There should be an icon in the top right side of the screen, is that showing? It might be behind the Resources information or off the screen... try changing the icon.x and icon.y values in the config file. Or delete those lines because the default should be okay.
  • What version of this mod do you have installed? Is an old version hanging around anywhere? Did you install GROOV3ST3R's mod pack? It also contains a version of my mod.

Note that I removed the part, so there is nothing to right-click anymore. You will need to click the icon to bring up the main window.

DO NOT use the legacy install method. There should be the following files:

{KSP}/GameData/TacFuelBalancer_v2.0.txt

{KSP}/GameData/TacFuelBalancer/TacFuelBalancer.dll

{KSP}/GameData/TacFuelBalancer/PluginData/TacFuelBalancer

{KSP}/GameData/TacFuelBalancer/PluginData/TacFuelBalancer/icon.png

{KSP}/GameData/TacFuelBalancer/PluginData/TacFuelBalancer/resize.png

{KSP}/GameData/TacFuelBalancer/PluginData/TacFuelBalancer/FuelBalancer.cfg -- created after running it for the first time.

I hope that helped. Let me know if you figure it out. Thanks.

Edited by TaranisElsu

just like to nate an issue with the 0.21 release.

when the fuel balancer is installed, the game frequently crashes when you click the launch button in the VAB or SPH after hitting save

i tested this thoroughly, i had no other mods installed when i was trying to narrow down the culprit, it did not crash in a vanilla install

thx for trying to fix this bug

elind21

when the fuel balancer is installed, the game frequently crashes when you click the launch button in the VAB or SPH after hitting save

i tested this thoroughly, i had no other mods installed when i was trying to narrow down the culprit, it did not crash in a vanilla install

elind21

using Windows, Steam version

elind21

using Windows, Steam version

I will need more information:

1. Are there any errors in the Debug Log (Alt+F12)? Or in the log file {KSP}/KSP_Data/output_log.txt? Search the file for "TAC" and look for errors around those lines.
  2. Please upload the log file to http://pastebin.com/ or somewhere.
  3. Does it crash with every vessel? Are simpler designs less likely to crash? Or are they the same?
  4. Can you upload pictures and craft files for vessels that make it crash more often than others? Or at least, vessels you were trying to launch when it crashed?
  5. Do you have the following files in EXACTLY these directories:

{KSP}/GameData/TacFuelBalancer_v2.0.txt

{KSP}/GameData/TacFuelBalancer/TacFuelBalancer.dll

{KSP}/GameData/TacFuelBalancer/PluginData/TacFuelBalancer

{KSP}/GameData/TacFuelBalancer/PluginData/TacFuelBalancer/icon.png

{KSP}/GameData/TacFuelBalancer/PluginData/TacFuelBalancer/resize.png

{KSP}/GameData/TacFuelBalancer/PluginData/TacFuelBalancer/FuelBalancer.cfg -- created after running it for the first time.

6. Are there any other copies of the TacFuelBalancer.dll?
  7. Did you upgrade from the previous version or did you do a clean install? Have you tried removing my mod and reinstalling it?
  8. Right-click the TacFuelBalancer.dll, click the Details tab, and tell me what it says for the "File Version" or "Product Version". It should be 2.0.0.0 or 2.0.0, respectively.
  9. Try deleting FuelBalancer.cfg and see if it makes a difference.

I hope that helps. I will try to do more after I get the log file and test vessels. Thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.