Where I think KSP should go.

ThePyrateCaptain

well I have been playing the game for a while now, and I started thinking about the direction it should go in. As for the flight model, I think it's fine, leave it be. It works so don't fix it, now as for the space aspect of the game, they need to add things that affect the landing and surfaces of the worlds we have to play with. Gravity for example although it's good enough to have fun with, it is a major factor in getting to like our own mercury. And as for Jools gravity, I think approaching Laythe should be tricky due to gravitational tug. Now weather? That's where the golden ticket lies. Mars has severe dust storms, Venus? A pressure cooker, and the star? Wow, best of all the weather, solar storms that are dangerous, flares, all the good stuff that would make us build redundant systems into our ships. Comets, and asteroids, would be nice, an out limit to the solar system (Oort cloud) as it were with a near impenetrable boundary. Mysterious visitors to the solar system, better scientific equipment, an aricebo type array that has to be built. And finally, extra solar systems,

But tweaking the flight models? Not really needed now.

What do you think?

They are thinking of more solar systems but that's far far away.(I'm talking official release/after.) They said there wouldn't be aliens. Weather may or may not happen.(It has a question mark next to it.) Clouds are probably going to come first. Comets can't happen due to N-Body physics problems with Unity/PhysX. IF they ever add solar storms, they won't randomly damage your ships as that would get annoying. Gravity is also not going to be tweaked due to Unity/PhysX. Also, as a bonus they will be adding more planets and a Asteroid belt sometime. For the planned features list go to: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Planned_features

What we all want but won't say we want is multithreading for KSP. Then we can actually build massive bases on other planets without having a Haswell Bridge 6-core i7. (let's face it: As long as KSP is single threaded, Intel is king. After all, the most powerful benchmarked processors are by them)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.