Live Stream: The Kerbin Mission, Kerbin Academy...and other stuff !

Cdr_Zeta

Greetings,

I will be updating my active live stream times and dates here, and whenever I am running the 'REAL' Kerbin Mission where Kerbals actually can, become paydirt...but we hope that dont happen and make every effort to prevent this - we still have yet to work on the safety mission training !!!!!!!

I have started the 'Kerbin Mission' fan-works thread where I will be posting the mission story...and nice to say that music is part of it ! In fact, have you ever seen that Penguin movie (?)...what happy feet ... I have one Kerbal who is kind of a nut case, and I misplaced him...can you guess who it mite be?

Well he wrote a suggestion to me, then promptly dissappeared...perhaps more info is in my fan-works thread...?

Sometimes I play guitar and jam with some youtube toonz before going to Academy and running simulations; one of my ways to relax and have fun; sometimes I dont get to work on KSP (!); but it's all good and that's what counts!

Updating - I will be doing up a stream to give a recap on the Kerbin Mission, what exactly Kerbin Academy is, and continuing on with...Safety Protocols tonite (!); along with more rocket building later probly:

I will be on a little bit later; when I am ready I will be posting an update in the fan area !...I had great success with my roket designs so far, so progress is being made and I am really wanting to get some kind of a space station built in the real mission !

Check out my 'fan' posts for more information.

(PS - I redid this thread cause I made a typo in the other one's title - ugh !

Cdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

In a few minutes when I get settled, I will be going over the Asparagus Fuel system, problems with fuel deployment, and a stage sequence I use for all my main payload lifting to orbit.

I havnt figured out the proper weight yet for best results, nor have I figured out the most efficient system.

There is a major time element in KSP, and the efficiency versus time is an expense we may not be happy with.

Lets get in to the game, get into space, cause in the end, the fuel we have left may not be fuel we need (!); but the time lost in playing...well...we cant replace that.

I am going to demonstrate this tonite !

cdr Zeta

Greetings !

After some problematic, problems earlier I deleted the pre-launch stream...hopefully I get it right this time ! I ended up with an almost exploded rescue plane and Bill and Jeb in the middle of an ocean !

Blamed on file confusion and Kerbin Academy Simulator glitches !

So tonite I am tryin again to get it right! If all goes well there will be about 2 or 3 parts, then all SIMULATED activities are design and test, probly with probes; any future design, build, and test will be in the real mission!

Whenever this gets going, I will post the updates in my fan section thread!

I kinda like the roleplay of it all...just a little creativeness comin out !

Cdr Zeta

Hello,

We had some interesting 'sim' flights lately (!); I will report in the fan-works in a few days I been kinda busy an lazy - wait busy at bein lazy?...

I am still going over my lifter rocket designs and have been setting on one main design idea - hop on over and check it out I will be building 2 of the main designs tonite - this isnt for the squimish !

There may be a few failed (somewhat) launches, but they are meant to be a leanring process for me as well - learn by practicing (in the 'SIMULATOR' !); someday soon the launches will be for real !

I have made a few simulated trips out to DUNA, and am working up storylines (roleplay I guess !) to add to the motivational aspects of making the game more enjoyable, for how I seem to like to play it. (I guess this is meant for some people who seem to be bored and dont know what else to to do; some mind you as there arent many who roleplay).

I did some roleplay last nite quite ad-lib and lo a story is happening all on it's own...partly due to my space experiences (ya know movies, books, etc).

Tonite it is mostly testing and building and demo of my main designs; re-building from scratch again cause I like to start over a lot...

Cdr Zeta

Howdi,

Lets give this baby a whirl shall we....: (!)

http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/

I read where it can export to .dae which is a Unity file for the game objects...ugh!

Lucky I got some brains...just some (!)...I started with animation and doin some things with the program but gave up on it...!

Hop on over and watch me botch this one up ! Ya never know tho....

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta

Hopefully I will do a relaunch SIM of my Mir project and will go over the Mir.

Cdr Zeta

Hello,

Check out Twitch if yer not busy - I am sure you will find us streamers out here...including me !

Thanks for all the views !

I ran a few Blender streams today - quite boring and difficult for me but I got thru about 1/4 of it ! I can build stuff now; sort of !

I am lookin to build a mission control center mod for planet, moon, and space station bases; and we are gettin seats for our Kerbies (!); how kool is that !

Tonite I am workin on the Mir project SIM, doin reliability and safety emergency escape testing; I am almost done with the SIM portion after a week and a half!

I will be workin on payload designs later I hope, and do some dock attempts; all in the SIM Academy though.

All I have left is a few smaller rocket launches for reliability tests, some orbital stuff...I am almost doen with the majority of my SIM work and ready to send these Kerbals to their fates !

Cdr Zeta :cool:

Howdi,

I will be streaming a radio broadcast interview with Commander Zeta and KSP Radio, as well as running the SIM to test new materials and try to setup basic pod design.

The Mir project is nearly completed and ready for the mission and live launches; it will be the first space station per our Space Engineers' requests; dont ask me why we are doing difficult things first...

See ya there...

Oh I may also load up Blender first and try to build some simple items...

A notice has been written up in my fan-works thread !

Cdr Zeta

Hello,

Time to create things...?

I am building an active Mission Control Center for KSP :) !

All music is freely available on youtube case anyone is curious; I pool all my music from there.

My streams only last a few days; I finaly figured out how to save them too!!

Check out the streams at Twitch TV - KSP Streams that is !!

Cdr Zeta

Hello,

I havnt streamed for a few nites, cause... I been workin on the Kerbin Mission Roleplay !

Some ideas started poppin into my head - I was workin this roleplay idea anyways, but suddenly a few thigs took off into space - literally (!); well almost literally but not yet really - but will soon !!!

As you know I been runnin the SIMULATOR at Kerbin Academy alot; gettin to know the game mechanics, building, designing etc...and testing my designs.

Most of which have been my own. I have taken some ideas from out there in space, but some of them really didnt seem to work well, so I modded them (not literally!).

Then I scaled down alot realizing about the lagg issues.

I wont spoil anything here - you will just have to check out my Fan Works thread for the updates!

Keep tabs there cause I think it will be alot of fun !

Yes I have seen some 'videos' to get ideas, but I have also seen a trend which I am not, well, excited about, and dont generally incorporate it into my 'roleplay theme'; you all will figure that out soon enuf.

My Fan Works Thread is at:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/26149-The-Kerbin-Mission-Commander-Zeta

I found a way to save Twitch files forever - so that is a good thing; now I can start the Kerbin Mission - as I am sure oyu all have been waiting so anxiously to see (!) - and can save the streams - I hope.

I will try to do a major recap of designing, building, and flying in the beginning; everything I have learnt in a nutshell once I get ready.

The journey will be all about discovery, improving relationships, and gaining senses of accomplishment in a really big universe out there !

Wish me luck - The Kerbin Mission Roleplay is on a roll ...

Cdr Zeta

Hi,

I gonna take it easy for abit; I have laid down the tracks (lol) for the mini-ARG in place...tonite I am gonna play Blender, mess about with my modelling programs; run a few tutorials and try to follow them maybe.

I dont know if I am up for a live 'real' mission yet. I told Bill (or Bob? I forget now) and Jeb to take a few weeks off and go camping; once the missions begin...woohoo th docking fun begins...ugh.

Hop on over to TwitchTV and check out the streams folks !

I havnt felt all that great...I need to look at rendering vids too.

After thats all done I may go back and rerun the SIM for our lifter rockets; I till need to iron out a few things.

I havnt been happy with the ASP system; I may end up goin full out on fuel as safety is paramount; I would defintely pay more for a safer mission.

Cdr Zeta

Howdi,

Wow lots of posts a day I cant get thru them all...

I was gonna run my 'REAL' Kerbin Mission tonite then somethin came up and now I am like not motivated to even move let alone type.

Sukks when things in life get you down and some things kinda well you cant control them; you are somewhat forced at the whim of others if you want to preserve what little dignity you have - sorry I am ranting abit - I know ther been some threads here about people havin a tough time with KSP - ME TOO so yer not alone !

I am glad I have found this new challenge of KSP, having added the Kerbin Mission ARG to the action (still hoping for some activity in there dont be shy !!!) - I will be advertizing the ARG elsewhere as well.

As for tonite; well as you have read my motivation just dropped alot - watchin a few SCI FY movies helps - dreamin about how I need to make my man cave bigger to support my bigger tv screen ! Arghhh...what's a KSP'er to do...stream I guess...

I have been thru my final lifter designs in the Kerbin Space Academy SIM; playing with Blender on occasion and that is getting better (!); playing my getar once in awhile; so now I dunno I need to take care of some personal stuff now my mind is buggered all up; tijme for movies I guess...

And yes 'DO' go over to TwitchTV and watch other peoples' streams; I do; I may just end up doing that over my own tonite; I dunno.

C Ya's around the galaxies...

Cdr Zeta

Howdi,

I will be goin thru a bit of a slow down this week - however I am wokring on designing and building stuff in modelling programs; although this isnt KSP directly, people who make vids and streams etc use this stuff - oh yeah and MODS too! And of course there is the ARG<<<<<<

If you want to learn more about this and get involved:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/29273-ARG-Alternate-Reality-Game-The-Kerbin-Mission-Cdr-Zeta

If you have any questions to ask me regarding the ARG that is the place to ask! ^^^^^

The actual ARG portion of "The Kerbin Mission" is located here: (This is where the KSP community and others get involved in the discussion to solve the various mysteries presented in the ARG; I forgot; I need to organize it better and provide names for each mini-mystery!)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/29276-The-Kerbin-Mission-ARG

"The Kerbin Mission" main storyline (where people DO NOT WRITE IN POSTS !!!) is located here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/26149-The-Kerbin-Mission-Commander-Zeta

It is here where the story takes place...I have made a major update there (^^^^^)so check it out!

In all cases there may or may not be mention of current LIVE STREAMS. Much of the ARG is behind the scenes; you have to research everything from A to Z; sometimes the ARG can be difficult towards the end depending on the mystery. There are websites involved as well.

I am working on building buildings (lol), learnin how to render vids, workin in Blender...I gonna be doin this alot this week; if anyone is interested:

Every so often I may make a short live stream and leave clues; or post on the website; clues can be found anywhere; even in OOC posts; anything and anyplace is fair game. The only thing I dont do is get involved in other games to find clues; most everything will be public on the web.

Good Luck!

for your enjoyment>>>>>

+
= ?

Cdr Zeta :cool:

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
typos

Hello,

Who is one of our just favorite l'il cartoon characters?

Well as I was thinkin to get back on 'Blender' today, after having built up some scawny lookin chairs and a conference table, I thought it is time to build a character; I think 'Blender' can do that and even animate it.

I am clueless about animation...but I also want to operate as third person and other programs may add that for me.

I figure if I build up this particular 'toon' character (in 3D of course!), and make a few mistakes on him (haha) he wont mind. This character is pretty resilient I think...and would you believe now I just thought why not build a 4-legged critter - they wont care if I mess them up either!

Have patience though I am a slow learner - but feel free to hop on over; and if anyone is fluent in these areas feel free to chime in !

Cdr Zeta

Hello,

All this week I will be working on...>>>>>>>>

Static Displays, Parade Route Setup and Parade Vehicles, Building Layout and Design, and Ground Cutting Ceremonies (or somethin like that HAHA).

There may be fireworks; there may be an actual Parade...

All of this is to welcome back Jeb and Bill from their first orbit around Kerbin.

Activities around the launch center are booming - literally ! Well ya sort of -we do have a cleanup crew thankfully - they been workin overtime !

I will be streaming, but mostly music for me to listen to while I work on the displays for the air show - oh yeah did I mention - there will be an airshow, games, rides for the kerbal kiddies and more...

I will keep you all posted..oh and also - this event does not coincide with any Earthly event - we want to get Jeb and Bill back ASAP so we can get our exploration missions underway.

But before we do that we need to have ground-breaking ceremonies ! We will be building a new Mission Control Center, the Kerbin Astronomical Observatory, a Comms Center, a DATA Center, and whatever else we can think of...all of these buildings will be fully operational and accessible.

Wish us luck and see you around the streams...you never know what may pop up there !

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

There has been an update on the DATA Center.

The main site link is below in the SIG; plans are being made to move the site; the SIG will be changed when this is done.

The DATA Center link is on the menu.

Cdr Zeta

Greetings !

This is a busy week for the Kerbal Space Engineers ! The crews have been working day and night to get ready for the first annual Kerbin Days celebrations.

Kerbin Days are where people from Earth and KSP Engineers are recognized for their various duties in the KSP.

Who knows who will be spotlighted - or roasted ! This was an idea proposed by Bill Kerman, our oldest KSC member and founder of KSC.

Generally, Kerbin Days will follow some various Earth Day Holidays:

New Years - Earth and Kerbin (?!)

Memorial Day(s)

Flag(s) Day (!?)

Independance Day(s)

Russia Day

Veterans Day

and some other of the various esoteric holidays.....

Links appropriate for the holidays will be located on the main website (located in the SIG here as always).

This weekend will be the first Kerbin Days celebration...we look to recognize some astronauts who have given their lives in the pursuit of great dreams - to explore space. We celebrate their lives and what they have given us and contributed to the various space programs.

We are looking at either Saturday or Sunday afternoon for the event; preparations are underway !

Updates will appear here and on the website when they are ready; we are revamping the website(s) !

Wish us luck !

The Kerbin Mission begins ... Jeb and Bill need to be rescued and they will be recognized in the celebrations on their successful first time orbits around Kerbin.

Commander Zeta

Greetings From Commander Zeta on Planet Earth

The prelaunch activities for Kerbin Days has officially begun. Unfortunately I am still back on Earth tidying up some minor details prior to my hyperjump to Kerbin.

I may be releasing some of my flight activities here on Earth for your review; details are sketchy.

My fellow Kerbal Space Engineers assure me that all is going well for the static displays setup... Rescue Ops are underway for Jeb and Bill; we hope for their safe return.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised when I return...I have many personal issues to attend to, but I am on my way back.

The most important issue at hand is the remembrance of our fellow astronauts; I hope to get this done today.

The stream is up; however there may be several breaks both intentional and unintentional as the program proceeds...

Until then....Please visit for mission updates:

The stream is at:

Official Kerbin Days Begins This Day May 25 2013 13:13 Hours ...

Cdr Zeta Signing Off.

Greetings:

I will be flying (in FSX !) over a few areas over our wonderful planet tonite for about 1 hour or so; long enough to obtain certain 'clandestine' communications data to be taken to Kerbin.

This is a collection of data retrived by the various organizations studying anamolies in outer space on Earth; recent events have made the data ready to be collected by special equipment on board the T45 I will be flying.

Special transportation devices brought here by the GSC allow me to travel instantly to anyplace on the planet in an instant; this in part fue to my cryo features I must employ to allow the reorganization of my molecules!

So far I only have 2 or 3 areas I am aware of; I get information on the data retrieval after every flight to insure security.

Let the flightsbegin...(You will be seeing me research data on the web to gain info as to where I need to go; I cannot communicate any data across chat!)...if there are any technical issues; they will be explained in chat.

Cdr Zeta

Greetings:

Kerbin Days is now officially open ! There's food, games, static displays, fun for the kerby-kiddies....

Unfortunately....the game and my whole computer system is laggin quite abit....

C'Mon over...the ceremonies will last about an hour due to game lagg...

I will wait for a few people....:) After 5 or so show up the show begins...:)

Cdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Greetings:

Kerbin Days Opening Celebrations Are Completed - Sorry you missed the show !

It was very difficult to get thru because of game lagg I finally experienced; I was not able to load the heavy statics; I will try to load them tonite and run the games tonite; be there or be square !

Here is the link for the Ceremonies !!!

We have yet to do ground breaking as well...I will try to get that done too...

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta/c/2336011

The Kerbin Mission Begins !

Dont forget the ARG (!)...

Cdr Zeta

Greetings,

While the cat's away the mice will play or so they say .... :)

while commander zeta is still back on earth messin with data collection, we here on Kerbin want to play a few games.......i wonder wat these kerbal kiddies are up to anyways......

not from the desk of commander zeta :cool:

The session will last about an hour...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.