The 'Black Cat's Luck'

This is my first ship shared on the spacecraft exchange, so please bear with me :)

After a public outcry at the lack of reusable, interplanetary spacecraft, the Kerbal engineers, with some assistance from Jebidiah himself, got straight down to the business of creating the largest and post unique ship the Space Program had ever seen. After about 25 minutes in construction, they had completed what they believed to be the best ship ever! After the leaders of the program got a look at it, it was immediately awarded it the prestigious prize for "Ship most unlikely to reach orbit". They were about to see that they were wrong...

sg6tgoZ.jpg

This is it in the VAB. Note that it does NOT have Mechanical Jeb, that is only shown to display it's statistics.

Using the most unsafe method of craft delivery it eventually arrived at a stable orbit. Where it remained, doing nothing for several days, until command had the idea of sending the ship to Eve, because, why not!

It got to Eve easy enough and preformed a few aerobrakes to save fuel. Gilly was in the ideal spot for a visit, about to pass the decending node, no Kerbal had ever been to Gilly before so the engines were fired again.

xMIpDBv.jpg

It took a bit of working to get it into orbit over Gilly but it did, and was moving at a whopping speed of 12 Meters Per-Second!. The ship does not come with it's own landers so Thompbin Kerman stepped out and used his EVA pack to land on Gilly. After discovering that he could take one step and move more than a few meters, he determined that Gilly is silly and proceeded to return to the ship using the EVA pack.

There was still more than half of their fuel left so they cruised back to Kerbin and entered orbit at 240 Kilometers. The "Not able to get to orbit" award was then revoked.

BdBRyx6.jpg

STATISTICS:

Weight at launch: 375 Units

Farthest distance traveled: Gilly Return Mission

Maximum Crew: Seven Kerbals

Number of Parts: 208 at launch, 167 in orbit.

Engines: Eight NERVA Rockets for Space Operations, producing 480 Kn of Thrust.

This is the link to download the ship. http://www./?ixaokim2f9tljxi

Once again, this is my first post to the Spacecraft forums so feel free to give me constructive criticism on what I could do differently. :)

Edited by Captain Tom

Love it. I have plans for an interplanetary ship to use on a grand tour like expedition around the solar system but I want to do it in a ship like that. They look so much better than the other "ships" that just look like space stations with engines slapped on one end.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.