Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SimonSyz

transfer fuel?

Question

I know there are plugins to magicaly transfere fuel between nearby ships ("quantum resource transfer", "Merlin's"), but I also read that its possible to transfere fuel between docked ships but...

1. I dont know how or do I still need a plugin for this?

2. I thought I also saw a screen shot where a Kerbal eva a fuel hose to a ship.

Any suggestions on this?

7 answers to this question

Hold the Alt key and right-click the two tanks you want to transfer between, and it will show the In/Out buttons for doing this. Be aware that you cannot deselect them or the transfer will stop, and this will change your center of mass as it happens.

1 person likes this

Sorry to revive an oldish thread;

Is there a way to quickly transfer fuel?

Like instead of selecting 2 tanks, just select one and out it to other tanks.

I'm asking because my station has a lot of small radial RCS tanks, and I'd like to be able to refill it from another ship without having to keep re-clicking on each tanks.

Not without a mod. TAC Fuel Balancer isn't magic, the craft have to be docked and requires a VAB part, but highly worth it if you have those radial RCS tanks. If you connect a new module to your station with it on there then it will work for the whole station as well as any craft that dock there.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/tac-fuel-balancer-v1-0/

Edited by DChurchill

Apparently, the latest version of the mod no longer requires a part. This suggests that you should be able to use it with your space station without making any additions/changes to it.

Look for a button near the top right of your screen during a flight.

ba175b883187f23f9d9b4db07aa8849a.png

Hold the Alt key and right-click the two tanks you want to transfer between, and it will show the In/Out buttons for doing this. Be aware that you cannot deselect them or the transfer will stop, and this will change your center of mass as it happens.

thank you iv been looking for DAYS for the answer thank you