Time Machine

Tommy99534

Top Things to Do With a Time Machine  

1. 1. Top Things to Do With a Time Machine

• Kill Hitler
    • Stop the Lincoln assassination
    • Stop the JFK/RFK assassination

Not sure if this is a game, or just a discussion.

Anyways, you post what the first thing you would change in history if you had a time machine. Also you can add more detail than just what you would do, like how you would do it.

Example: I would kill the man trying to assassinate Lincoln the day before he tries to kill Lincoln.

I'll start:

I would kill Hitler by shooting him a day before he became chancellor of Germany.

Random Life Fact of Random Nameness #1: I'm a huge WWII buff lately.

Also, here's a bit of gameception, I'm going to see how many post we can get to before a repost of the Hitler kill.

You can edit any part of history, the poll is just for the top 3 that i would guess would be the top 3.

Also, it's going back into "history", therefore you cannot go forward in time, but only backwards, since the future has not yet been written.

Edited by Tommy99534

Time travel paradoxes are possible but give you headaches and when you apply the many-worlds theory impossible and even more confusing.

And according harry potter, whatever you're doing in the future, whilst being in the past has already happened... HEADACHE TIME!

Sigh.... you can't kill Hitler, he was a pivotal part of modern history. Without WWII we wouldn't have technology as advanced as we currently have.

In fact, none of what you listed above should be changed. Those events needed to happen for history to have gone the way it has. Feel free to change small events of your own life that have no effect on the grand scheme of things, but if you go back in time and for example kill Adolph then your grandfather who may have been wounded and sent home during WWII would not have been wounded, meaning he would have been in perfect condition for the next war (Korean war might not have happened, why? Cause you ^#$@ed up history.), so now your grandfather gets killed in the Indian Civil War or whatever. Congrats, you now never existed

And according harry potter, whatever you're doing in the future, whilst being in the past has already happened... HEADACHE TIME! Tactical Headache Inbound

That's how I believe time travel works. Partially.

And a better variant of the travelling in the past is to travel into the past of an identical parallel universe. So if you change anything there, it has no effect on you. Unless you get killed.

• 2 weeks later...
Sigh.... you can't kill Hitler, he was a pivotal part of modern history. Without WWII we wouldn't have technology as advanced as we currently have.

In fact, none of what you listed above should be changed. Those events needed to happen for history to have gone the way it has. Feel free to change small events of your own life that have no effect on the grand scheme of things, but if you go back in time and for example kill Adolph then your grandfather who may have been wounded and sent home during WWII would not have been wounded, meaning he would have been in perfect condition for the next war (Korean war might not have happened, why? Cause you ^#$@ed up history.), so now your grandfather gets killed in the Indian Civil War or whatever. Congrats, you now never existed

You wouldn't sacrifice yourself to save 11 million people?

EDIT: On a side note, did anyone during the civil war try to assassinate Jefferson Davis?

Edited by Tommy99534
because i can

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.