How long does it take to load your game?

SpaceshipFood

This is a pointless thread. enjoy!

How long does it take to load the game? for me it takes about 3 mins. (I have quite a few mods installed)

I dunno. I just start it loading and then head out to the porch for a smoke. It's done by the time I get back.

About 5.5 minutes with the current setup. (limited mods installed)

53 seconds with a stock .19.1 install

Back when I used to have the nova punch pack installed in .18.2 with a few other mods it used to be about 23 minutes. A lot of the individual parts in that pack take a long time to load.

Now every time I add a large addon I try it first in my test install and find out exactly how much time it adds to a stock startup.

Over 500 parts, takes about 10 minutes.

I just alt-tab out and do something else while the game is loading. Hopefully 0.20 will optimize the process a bit.

I have too many mods which I never use, though.

Usually between 2 and 3 minutes. I blame the mods I have installed. Some of them (particularly anything that was not optimized for 0.19 but still technically works with it) take a very long time indeed to load each part.

About 1-2 minutes under Linux, 3 minutes under Windows (identical hardware -- dual-boot system). Which is really odd when you consider the Windows hard drive has a faster seek time than the Linux one -- literally the one aspect where their hardware differs, and Windows has the upper hand yet comes out on bottom!! (We won't talk about my laptop, where I really can't even fly ships in excess of 4 or 5 parts and yet I try to fly my 400-500-part ships on it anyway!!)

Only mod installed is Subassembly Loader. I do use symlinks and Dropbox to keep everything in sync between my various computers.

3 seconds from a regular HDD. I have an Intel i5 and 8 Gb of RAM, but the only mods i like are Subassembly and Alarm Clock. That is loading a save game, main KSP takes around 10 seconds to load.

However the highest part counts i can lift without serious lag is about 300-400. The highest ever was ~700 and it was hideously slow until i dropped enough stages.

It's pretty meaningless though as the game is in alpha and un-optimised and all that. The main thing is that it's very stable and great fun to play.

3 seconds from a regular HDD. I have an Intel i5 and 8 Gb of RAM, but the only mods i like are Subassembly and Alarm Clock. That is loading a save game, main KSP takes around 10 seconds to load.

However the highest part counts i can lift without serious lag is about 300-400. The highest ever was ~700 and it was hideously slow until i dropped enough stages.

It's pretty meaningless though as the game is in alpha and un-optimised and all that. The main thing is that it's very stable and great fun to play.

It takes 10 seconds to load the full game? I somehow doubt that. The SQUAD splash screen is there for 7 seconds which would mean the rest would only take 3 seconds.

I just tested a vanilla install and it takes me 45 seconds to load on a 2.8GHz i5 with 12GB ram.

You're right. I timed it and it took 27 seconds. I exaggerated because it really felt like no time at all. Interesting you mention the logo, it was on for only 3s.

I have almost no programs running so i guess the system can devote more to KSP. The only active apps are driver utilities and firewall, nothing else.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.