What is your favourite sci-fi/irl spacecraft, and why?

Asmosdeus

IRL: The Dragon v2. Sooo shiny O_O

lede.jpg

Sci-fi: Probably this, the Abaddon battleship from EVE Online. I just love how robust it is and its glorious laser spam ^^

amarr_abaddon_wallpaper_by_enterprise_e.jpg

Oh, and if I may nominate a second one, Sidonia is pretty nice too (the big one, not the generic mech):

Knights-of-Sidonia-Sidonia.jpg

Edited by parameciumkid

How is it that I've been playing since 0.22, and have missed this thread until now? :P The one and only answer is the Enterprise! Specifically, the Constitution class refit. Designed in 1979, and based off of a design from 1965, she's a timeless beauty! Every contour and angle is without flaw. The white hull really sticks out, and makes it unique among other ships bearing the same name.

tumblr_n1frapL3PT1rzu2xzo1_r1_400.gif

Coming in second and third are the Enterprise D and Galactica, respectively. :cool:

IRL? The Soyuz, hands-down. Even the Americans have to rent seats on it to get to the ISS. Plus, the R-7 family are pretty much the most beautiful lifters ever built.

In sci-fi, I will always have a special place in my heart for the Enyo, got my first kills in it and prefer it over pretty much any other Assault Frigate.

0_Enyo4.jpg

How is it that I've been playing since 0.22, and have missed this thread until now? :P The one and only answer is the Enterprise! Specifically, the Constitution class refit. Designed in 1979, and based off of a design from 1965, she's a timeless beauty! Every contour and angle is without flaw. The white hull really sticks out, and makes it unique among other ships bearing the same name.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/574df628f943862804704b451945cf76/tumblr_n1frapL3PT1rzu2xzo1_r1_400.gif

Coming in second and third are the Enterprise D and Galactica, respectively. :cool:

Are you my clone, or am I yours?

Ogame anyone ?

100804122230927178.jpg

Battle ship

Both the old and new styles had/have great spaceships.

Which style did you guys prefer in Ogame ? (If you've played the old one ^^)

Here's the RIP in both styles :

screenshot005-1d01f3e.jpg

Old

hqdefault.jpg

New

I prefer the old one... Just like most ships and defense guns, the relook was a mistake IMO...

What a great game ! I spent years on it... It was actually the only massive-multiplayer "management" game with a good balance between the units... (Too bad the game was ruined with the antimatter...)

As far as IRL spacecraft go, being french my favorite has to be Ariane 5 (and 4....can't decide wich one) !

I'm impatient to see Falcon Heavy and SLS though. Dragon V2 looks like a sci-fi craft, so i'm also excited for it !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.