How do I load autosaves

I think it's hold F9 or F5. One of them is for quick-saving, other one for loading that quick-save/auto-save.

F5 does a quicksave and F9 loads the quicksave, I'm asking how do I access the AUTOsaves.

F5 does a quicksave and F9 loads the quicksave, I'm asking how do I access the AUTOsaves.

It should be automatic, if the game crashes then it should load back up to the time of the most recent autosave rather than reverting to the last time you were at the space centre or starting another game.

They're not separate saves like quicksaves so there's no way to load them manually.

Easy, close the game, then restart it. It will go to the last autosave. I'm pretty sure it overwrites the last autosave when it makes a new one, so if you are trying to load an old autosave, you will be out of luck. And if you want the game not to save while you are exiting... well, that is what the task manager is for. Kill KSP before it knows what is happening.

ok, so it's not really an auto-save like in most games, where you can load your progress from an auto save, like if you screw up and forget to quicksave.

Yup, it's mostly a "save and exit" kind of game with a single save slot (quicksave). The autosave feature is so you can't exit without saving, and to protect during game crashes.

Rune. Easily "cheated around", though.

• 1 year later...

May I congratulate you with your first, and hopefully last, necro-post on this forum?

Next time, please check the date of the post your replying to. This thread has been dead for about 18 months.