Show off your flags MEGATHREAD

geb

HU4er8w.png

I'm not very original... :)

I made it big, so I can re-size it easier..., plus it's easier to work with more pixels.

EDIT: Disclaimer! That earth is not mine, I did not make it, I just fell in love with it, and use it as a template for just about everything. This image is a resized version of it. I had to copy/re-create the planet, in a larger size. That's why I said it's easier to work with more pixels.

Edited by Hocki

vLDLAkP.png

Not the most elegant, I know. The orange is there for visibility, in case I decide that I ever want to return to pay a visit.

You know, orange is only most visible at close ranges. The reason rockets are usually painted black and white is because it is the most visible. Plus, it will probably show up in the tracking station, and have its own marker.

You know, orange is only most visible at close ranges. The reason rockets are usually painted black and white is because it is the most visible. Plus, it will probably show up in the tracking station, and have its own marker.

The black and white patterns on rockets were meant for cameras to record whether the rockets were spinning. The black only had to be high contrast with the white. Contrast with the background didn't matter for spotting spin.

Some awesome flags on here. While my Australian + Kerbal flag looks ok at the right size and proportion, I might have to think of something better.

Something fancy, Kerbalish, and spacey.

Some of the flags my brave Kosmonauts will carry to new worlds during their glorious service to the motherland.

OUKJJOG.jpg

"Central Committee of the Kommunist Party"

5xddyu8.jpg

dJw6jxp.jpg

I made them larger than the 256 x 160 template size, but they're scaled to fit that resolution when the time comes.

Exactly! The idea is to give it contrast against a gray or bluish background, which will account for most of the landings that I'm going to make anyway, so that it pops out in PR pictures. The marker will get me in close, and the color will make it so that I can get the rest of the way.

Also, I know that orange isn't a popular color.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.