Mk17 Parachute

papa_kilo

Repaint thanks to Ntmoore19.

This parachute has double the drag of the Mk16, which provides more utility for possible landers.

Right now, it's simply a repaint and config edit. If someone's willing and able, a 'quad wing' design along the lines of heavy drop parachutes and/or drag car parachutes would be pretty awesome.

This post will be updated as new things come along and/or modifications to the parachute config, etc.

Triple version of mk16 called mk16-3. Utilized 3 canopy from mk16, repacked by local mechanic to the original mk16 capsule, thanks that reducing land speed 'dramatically'. Hope you enjoy it.

-snip-

That's pretty cool, now we can have Apollo-themed missions.

:)

Looks like the Mk16-3 has some crazy drag... it seems to like to break things. Toying with my rocket design to try to get things to cooperate.

I guess the next thing I'd say could be a portion of this, would be landing legs of some sort. Intent of being a module connectable 'leg' that would allow you to touch down and still maintain ability to re-launch, given proper staging and something to provide thrust.

I guess the next thing I'd say could be a portion of this, would be landing legs of some sort. Intent of being a module connectable 'leg' that would allow you to touch down and still maintain ability to re-launch, given proper staging and something to provide thrust.

You can do that if you just land softly enough.

We need more landing options, it'd be nice if we had those inflatable cushions they used for martian rovers. :P

Or in the future we could travel to other planets and put cushions on supply crates and just drop them with parachutes.

We need more landing options, it'd be nice if we had those inflatable cushions they used for martian rovers. :P

Damn yes, instant buy if i can do something close to what happens after 2:10 in this video :

(will probably buy it anyway.)

Damn yes, instant buy if i can do something close to what happens after 2:10 in this video :

(will probably buy it anyway.)

That gave me the idea of rovers.

How awesome would it be to send a rover to another planet, be able to find and pick a spot, then use the rover to start constructing a base which you could eventually send Kerbal colonists.. :w00t:

• 3 weeks later...

Triple version of mk16 called mk16-3. Utilized 3 canopy from mk16, repacked by local mechanic to the original mk16 capsule, thanks that reducing land speed 'dramatically'. Hope you enjoy it.

IcVqS90Y.jpg

The RAR-file is probably corrupt. I can't unzip it with WinRAR. Error messages say that the header of the file is unrecoverable and that the file contains no files to unzip. Please re-upload the file.

Server mitigation caused a bit more problems then we thought uh?

As this shows, Always backup your DLed files, the orginal UPloaded files (for the modders) AND always make sure your DL links are working correctly. :3

Yeah, attachments are fine for things like a screenshot or craft file, but if you're going to release custom mods, best to use a file service like MediaFire and the like and link that directly.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

Don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I much prefer direct links (if need be via attachments) than things that require me to wait and most likely launch lots of ads/scripts.

Dropbox is insecure as hell but it works well for mod stuff where people getting at your files is no danger but rather the point.

AdBlock and NoScript and I have no issues with MediaFire. Some other the other sites are less friendly.

The problem with attachments is they get lost when the site is moved to a different server and most people can't afford to self host file downloads.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.