What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Just starting to Test drill for the first time and quietly finishing to unlock the few tech tree nodes i still miss in career.

Temporary test craft in the idea to have a mobile refuelling facility over kerbin. Currently miss some air intake, and power source and also need to set a docking standard with my other craft for refuelling.

i0k50FCh.jpg

FlUgLT0h.jpg

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

I sent off my ship and probes for Duna and Ike. I'm still not sure that the Duna lander will work with FAR, but Jeb is going to find out :wink:. Furthermore, I finally finished my mun station.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I also learned that it's rather easy to clip a Kerbal into a lander with 1.0, what will send the Kerbal breakdancing across the surface with body parts glitching out of the EVA suit...

ugh... Today was a rather frustrating day in KSP. Try as I might, I couldn't make an SSTO spaceplane - not because it flipped, no. Because I have yet to get a grip on the new way turbojets work, with the thrust falling off whenever the plane is too high, too slow, too angley, or in a bad mood.

So instead I tried to make an SSTO rocket - and THAT went south! I think I might have hit my head or something xP

All the same, I did manage to do what I set out to do at the beginning, which was rotate the crew in my LKO station so the Minmus crew could go home, deliver their Science, and redeem their XP.

...Why is it that so often the hard things go totally smoothly and the simple things take all day to get done right?

today I have finally sent Valentina to the Mun to rescue Jeb who crashed there while gathering science for our contractors. He was punished by being left up there for a few days, while Valentina in the meantime did few atmospheric test of a light craft that will serve as crew transport to stations in LKO. In first version it will have capacity for 2 crew and 4 passengers (all Mk2 parts), docking port at the back and 2 radially mounted engines for orbital maneuvers. It will be launched on expendable rockets. Later I plan to try and make recoverable rockets for this craft which will probably remain unchanged until I decide to finally tackle something I was avoiding for almost a year: SSTO-s

Well. After various mod testing and getting everything smooth. I finally was able to resume my Missions. But instead of completing some simple contracts. I decided to merge the two station pieces I had sent to the Mun. They had originally failed to rendezvous and ran out of fuel. So I had to devise a refueling tug ship that added to the station simultaneously, while bringing additional crew for rotation. Once done, the station will be a pit stop for Deepspace and a Mun base tether.

I got my Tug ship to rendezvous with one of my station modules. But it ran out of monoprop, so I had to switch to the Station, which was out of fuel but had monoprop and maneuver it to dock with the tug.

Miscalculations all over the place. SMH.

Now I have 6 Kerbals floating in orbit around the Mun (one of is still by himself lost in a higher orbit), my budget is getting smaller and my payloads are getting heavier.

But it felt so good to get the huge Arse payload into orbit and up to the mun. 150k launch however.

Over the last few days I've been working on getting a RT comms net around Minmus.... with mixed resukts. After diagnosing an issue with the latest release of MechJeb, I have emplaced 2 of 3 satellites. I would have all 3 up by earlier this morning, but... I got a sammich during a launch and... I... Um... kinda missed the window on deploying the satellite's comms antennas... so, yeah, that one is coming back home somewhere. I've also been messing around with the Mk2 expansion parts... and I will make a flying Angel Fish of DOOOOOOOOOOM!! (Yes, DOOM, must always be in caps! Also followed with exclamation points! :P).... That might take a bit tho. For today, finish the comms-net for Minmus and emplace on around the Mun.

Continued playing my fairly fresh reboot of an interstellar quest (ala Scott Manley). Ironman mode, no reward boosts and heavily modded game. Turns out Im quite good at making kerbalstationairy satalites, but not so good in launching them the first go. I always forget to turn on the solar panels.... and another dead satalite (with remotetech).

So, now Ive been flying halfway around Kerbin just to get some ground prospecting done in my little jet.

After designing and sending many rockets into space, I was a little hesitant to enter the space plane hangar. After all, designing planes is a totally different discipline than rockets.

So, I designed a plane, which crashed repeatedly on takeoff. After a redesign, I was able to take off ... and land on the first try! However, I could not figure out how to stop, and crashed into the mountain ridge west of KSC. LOL Is it even possible to land on that runway without running out of runway? It seems very short to me. Plus, it's made of dirt and isn't flat. I find the grass a lot smoother, and more conducive to my landing style, which takes roughly 2 kilometers. :)

The wheasley plane engine is quite different than the engines i'm used to with rockets. It sucks down the fuel very slowly. I'm using 3 T-400 fuel tanks with 1 wheasly engine and I can fly forever without being in danger of running out of gas. Of course, the plane weighs over 10 tons, which is probably not ideal. The landing gear will not retrack, so that's not helping me aerodynamically.

I'm now trying to get science up to 90, so I can get the next round of parts, which will hopefully bring me into the 20th century of plane design!

It seems like my 1.0 career has been dragging its feet, trying to collect science and cash.

Today, I believe that has turned a leaf. I have a probe moon-bound, and it looks like it has enough DV to circularize.

Then once its purpose is fulfilled, I may have enough left over to land it and crank out some repeatable experiments!

Things are really 'taking off', one could say...

-Khorso

Today I almost ran out of money in my career save by launching a load of things, but I got it all back by completing a load of contracts with said things. One of the contracts was to get a class E asteroid into orbit around Eve... Never again.

I also landed a Kerbal on Dres, and another is on his way to land on Eeloo.

Redesigned the KIS Argo I. Maybe not the best picture of it. I placed it in orbit of Mun to await full refueling so it can make its five year mission to Jool to explore its moons.

KIS = Kerbal Imperial Ship

kisArgo.jpg

Edited by BDelacroix

Added a second component to my first ever base. It's ALIVE! (and it needs more batteries...)

lNQstOV.png

The rover doesn't move nearly as well on Minmus as it does on Kerbin. On Minmus the breaks don't work (at all) and it's an effort to get it up to 3m/s.

Is Minmus slippery? Do rovers adjust their controls in proportion to the gravity? Do some wheels work better on Minmus than others?

I figured I would have to be very careful to keep it from flying off somewhere or flipping over but in reality it's a struggle to get it moving.

messing around with {model} and the Klaw, why ? ... Because : )

(even if fuel crossfeed is tagged false notice that it work on demand via the "alt + selection" containers transfer menu)

hmbR4iw.jpg

Mini Klaw Roxx, mini Klaw is the cutest 3Ko *.cfg kerbal thing ever ; )

inflight_refueling.jpg
Edited by WinkAllKerb''
time to update kac now xDr almost forgot ; )