What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

All  good ! atleast for me..

I had two succesfull missions-

Gen 2 launched to to the station

(Gen 2 launcher)

W3RpkC2.png \

It uses the most succesful and innovative design- the only flaw is that it carries only 2 crew members but has much more DV than Gen 1

DUAGvow.png

Astronaut observes the station called "Triangulurum''- it is the biggest station that i have!

Next is the finale in construction of "Pantheon" one of my best tourism stations so far!

MFgmKaS.png

It is built in specific orbit and will be used as space tourism hot-spot! It is also made as a science obtaining station!

And as a small add- My telescope "Eye" was repaired by "Tundra" space craft to continue discovering new exoplanets (yes, it really discovers planets in KSP)

vjq8vDg.png

and here is "Tundra" itself-

XbYK5MZ.png

And if you are interested in my exoplanet discoveries- here is the mission report i am writting!

I managed to smash the back end of my plane into the Runway, only to find that the remainder not only flew, but flew better than the original (there's a reason I called it the "Junk Jet")! After a few minor modifications, hours and hours of R&D have just been bested by...

the FLYING WING:

DN8TG4F.jpg

It actually flies better than it looks, having a ridiculously low takeoff speed of ~30m/s (meaning it can take off and land on a microdime pretty much anywhere, anytime), a top speed of >500m/s and a range of ~1300-1500km at optimum cruising altitude. I'm actually astonished that I managed to create something so good (for me, anyway) at all, let alone by complete accident through totally intentional high-stress test flights.

I swear I took screenshots of Important Things, like landing, and being landed. But they weren't in my screenshots folder. Anyone else had that, or am I just a dumb?

Anyway, here's my Apocalyptica mining rig, 14 tons full with a single Nerv engine, along with the upper stage from its launcher which is also nuclear:

Launcher upper stage and Apocalyptica in orbit

Said launcher, built for 20 tons to LEO so I added some ballast for the launch:

The lifter for the RL Apocalyptica

The nuclear upper stage helps a lot, it's let me get close to a *two* percent payload fraction :D

And Jeb's view of the Apocalyptica from the bridge of the Vivaldi after it docked. Docking into the Vivaldi is a little tricky, it's a tight confined space:

Jeb's view of his new cargo!

If you look carefully you can see the infamous Nerva shroud, because the ballast is still attached under it. Yes it wrecked the miner when I decoupled. I had to decouple then immediately timewarp to work around the problem.

And the Vivaldi burns for the Moon. With the overweight payload it will need to steal a bit of the payload's fuel to complete the transfer, but I had plenty left over:

Vivaldi burning for the Moon

As I mentioned, somehow I got no screenshots of the Mun landing. But the Apocalyptica landed without trouble, spent three months filling its tanks, and returned to the Vivaldi with only one F9 required. Unfortunately it could only deliver a net 350-ish units, and Vivaldi needs 2400 to fill it up. So looks like I'll be doing a lot of runs.

Pretty much doing contracts as well as getting crafts to and from Minmus and Mün for reasons.... Got my Minus mining ops back in business now that I swapped out the Engineer fora pilot. Pilot was able to land upright because of SAS. Already got back up to fix that problem on its way. Tourist who only wanted Hi-Gee flying experiance on Kerbin is going out of Kerbin's SOI.... Left the other Tourist that was supposed to go there back at KSC.... And finally launched this to be a space fuel transfer craft also the name suggests something else and it is SFW:

1B526A1E5C4F6C9162E4E43DCEE5924620FC7FC3

And yes it is the craft part near the center of mass indicator that was luanched up.

I managed to one-up myself again...

i6vrY6Q.png

Three F-5 Freedom Fighters, plus four F-14 Tomcats in the air at the same time. The dogfight was awesome, but too short - I didn't let the swarm gain enough altitude before beginning so the kill counts looked like this:

F-5s: 1   F-14s: 2   Ocean: 2.5 (one ditched).

I'll pull screenshots from the video I took of the dogfight tomorrow, but I assure you, it was epic.

53 minutes ago, Servo said:

I managed to one-up myself again...

i6vrY6Q.png

Three F-5 Freedom Fighters, plus four F-14 Tomcats in the air at the same time. The dogfight was awesome, but too short - I didn't let the swarm gain enough altitude before beginning so the kill counts looked like this:

F-5s: 1   F-14s: 2   Ocean: 2.5 (one ditched).

I'll pull screenshots from the video I took of the dogfight tomorrow, but I assure you, it was epic.

I love the F-5, the silhouette of your model is spot on !

(1.1.3) Only had about half an hour to play yesterday. Spent the time getting The Great Artiste into Münar orbit and rendezvousing her with the Munport 7 space station, bringing her into dock just as my time ended. Whatever fuel I didn't spend getting The Great Artiste out of Minmus's orbit was definitely spent getting her to the station; she came in at a 50-degree inclined orbit relative to the station, and wound up burning about a quarter of her available fuel just making the plane change.

Landing operations with the station's Spamcan 7a lander are expected to commence at the next opportunity.

Today, I'm working on full relay network in KSP, and also testing my unmanned SSTO "progress", for it's capability to deploy 3 relay satellites in a single launch. While on the other hand, perfecting my mun SSTO to be able to 'airdrop' large rover on the mun

I had a lot of launches today!Though most of them were not groundbraking.

First is launch of rocket "Paralax"

ALTgw2N.png

It's capable of reaching moon and going safely back without expereincing heavy over-g, i had only 4,5 g during the whole flight!

26gp1r9.png

Next is a launch of junior rocket "Breath"

02wQvdn.png

It brought a small probe to examine the basics of control in the most high layers of atmosphere.

Then i tested new aircraft "Karambola". It is very maneuverble, easy to take off and very small!

2rNp9z7.png

Next is a launch of a small rocket "Rose". It made it to space and released a small capsule with a balloon in it,then jebediah went on EVA and made the longest free-fall in history of my space programm.

He flew over 31 000 meters and safely landed in water

YEfcm16.png

That is it for today!

Our Duna fleet is away!  The flotilla of four ships left LKO several hours apart and will arrive at our red neighbour within two weeks of each other.  This staggered approach is mostly on purpose so that mission control can give each ship the singular attention they deserve during their capture burns.  As it happened, all departures occurred while the ships were on the night side of the planet so pictures were not taken.  But we will provide plenty of those in the weeks and months to come as those missions progress.  Now on to matters closer to home.

KSC will not lie dormant during the not-quite-two hundred days wait for the Duna group arrival.  In fact, two missions have been undertaken recently, one a success and the other, well, let's call it a learning experience - fortunately we have some funds built up!  The first mission was to place a terrain scanning satellite in a very specific equatorial orbit around Minmus.  We over engineered it so that after fulfilling the contract it could move into a polar orbit where the scanner works better.  Liftoff went smoothly, as did circularization around Kerbin and transit to Minmus.  Getting into the exact synchronous orbit above the exact specified spot of our mint moon took a couple days of careful station keeping manoeuvres, but in the end the job got done.  Once that was completed the satellite was positioned into a polar orbit 222km above the surface, and its scanning abilities were tested out.  It looks like there are some spots of interest to be explored at a future date!

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-07%20at%203.41.4 

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-07%20at%203.44.2 

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-07%20at%203.53.4 

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-07%20at%204.16.1 

The second recent mission was a bit of a disappointment, and at this moment in time must be considered a failure.  Fear not though, as we have a number of years to complete the contract we accepted to grab onto and haul a class D asteroid into orbit of our other moon, Mün.  Our intrepid Foreign Object Observing Department (F.O.O.D.) had been tracking a suitable hunk of rock over the past couple weeks, and the time came to send up a ship we had designed to perform the job.  This ship is a pulling-orientated nuclear powered craft with a Poodle-powered transfer stage that has the range to get quite far out, catch up to a target and haul it back.  The problem, as we only found out when we successfully stuck to the space-stone, was that the thrust of the nuclear engines was cancelled out by colliding with the rock!  In other words, engine go boom but ship no go.  After several minutes of good old fashioned face-palming, mission control settled down and figured out the next steps.  The current ship was pulled back into orbit around Kerbin and could be retasked into a tug or small fuel tanker.  And the core of the ship design is good, either we'll turn it from a pull orientation to into a pusher, or keep it a puller and move its engines way further out from the hull.  To answer your assumed question: we prefer a pull design over a pusher because in simulations we have found out that the pullers are more stable when attached to and hauling around massive rocks like the one we caught here.  Ironically, along with this current contract we have just accepted a similar one to bring another class D asteroid into orbit around Kerbin - perhaps demonstrating that we have successfully clamped onto the thing with the capacity to do the job was enough to attract attention!

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-07%20at%2011.42. 

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-07%20at%2011.42. 

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-07%20at%2011.59. 

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-08%20at%2012.18. 

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-08%20at%2012.21.