What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

1 hour ago, Red Shirt said:

Never mind. I thought it was one of your pranks but I'm just an idiot. You can't do a reentry burn if you have no electricity. In the length of time it took Jeb to do a 30 m spacewalk, I lost all power. I little solar panel would have been a good idea. Uhm, rescue mission?

Interesting mod suggestion.... a Pikachu container LS integrated... throw SNAK's in and get EC:wink:

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

5 hours ago, The Aziz said:

1)launched the game 

2)entered VAB

3)built weird construction

4)failed to space

5)Alt+F4'd

I really need to start new career. Almost two real years is enough, I'm bored as hell

And I did what I said. They say farewell.
17632439_1319631304772537_43326251171565

Made a few but very interesting launches today.

1.Flight of "Indifference" to Duna and back! Exploring Duna was never so easy, but my russian nature says that i need to impove it until it will become flawless.zoCfNEj.png oekszsI.png

RlHWQ8F.png bsHo1qC.png

2. Launch of new solar observer "Banapor". Made for studying Kerbol and also made in Kchina.And just as a bonus, a photo of Moho made by this observer.

KAj6KPW.png Sd4gHoA.png

Ogw0oH2.png

3. Flight of "Sonate" fully reusable suborbital launcher. (OHH MY GOD I HATE LANDING A HUGHMUNGUS ROCKET ON A SLOAP OF 9999999 DEGREES)

CpwKKB7.png 6jGj7yq.png

4. A  first touch to the bottom of Kerbin's ocean. The "SeaWater" programm involves 5 visits to the bottom of the ocean.

fdiBxLC.png qtcc9ng.png

Somehow i still feel depressed and i don't think this feeling will leave, i'm..i'm dying inside.

All happened in the dark. Didn't do pics. So after my brain dead moment yesterday of forgetting solar panels, I launched the updated Thud powered craft today with an empty pod controlled by an Octo2. The circularization and maneuvering stage is powered by a Terrior. The mission, bring Jeb down from orbit. Turns out my Enterprise didn't have the budget for the transporters or docking ports. Everything went perfectly. Spacewalked Jebediah Tiberius Kerman to the pod without incident. Commenced deorbit burn. Came in too hot. The Terrior eventually exploded. I had planned to do a powered landing. Then the fuel tank lit up. Fearing the worst I tried to lighten the load and jettison the decoupler since the included chute was small. However, the decoupler blew as I hit the spacebar so the chute opened and consequently was ripped from the ship. That wouldn't happen if I had done a preflight check. Anyway, I'm watching Jeb as he spirals towards doom. The pod is still at 200 m/s and headed for the mountains west of KSC. Decided not to give up. Clicked EVA and sent Jeb flying. I couldn't figure out how to turn Jeb upside down. I've heard Kerbals survive if the land on their head, Toggled the spacesuit helmet on. Hit RCS and held the shift key. Slowed to about 62 m/s. Still too fast but that's all I could do. Miraculously, Jeb hit on a slight incline west of the mountains. He tumbled a couple times in the grass and stood up. Another perfect landing. I meant to do that.  

Haven't played in quite a while. When I last played I was about to try to set up a mining base at the inland space centre, despite never going there before! So today, after a few attempts at flying there, and getting bored, I cobbled together a sub-orbital ship to 'artillery shell' myself there for the first time. It'll be a nice holiday for, er, Geoffbro Kerman (no, really) and Luny Kerman (also a great name!).

Probably my least elegant design ever, but never mind:

5NvAiFM.jpg

The idea is my rover is contained in the upside-down cargo hold, which i'll release when landed "on all fours".

Iib4rNT.jpg

I wanted to have a cat based name for this ship (because it will always land on its legs!) but unfortunately the lander reminds me strongly of a pig for some reason, and was immediately christened Babe. I just need to add a curly tail...

JgCUmJX.jpg

HcREG0c.jpg

Agw1p1Q.jpg

geAJ0jo.jpg

It took a few attempts to get within a reasonable range of the inland centre. When I did, I unceremoniously dumped the rover and hopped on for the quick drive to the centre...

vrheZsT.jpg

OK, after 15km of driving I'm getting bored, note to self, improve SOT accuracy...

...Yay, we're here! I've spoiler-ed the second half of the images if you want to discover what the inland centre looks like for yourself :wink:

Spoiler

sIQYAKc.jpg

ZzvCd3o.jpg

As Geoffbro and Luny were on holiday, they naturally wanted to do some sweet jumps from the old launch pad: 

lppVyd2.jpg

Edited by Stewcumber

1 hour ago, Technical Ben said:

Spend an hour trying to fix a rocket design... that kept flipping at 15km...

... to then realize I have set MechJeb to orbit at 15km as I just test launched from a moon and forgot to set it back to 70-100km.

:D You have NO idea how many holes I've put in the walls out of frustration because of the exact same thing!

I've been meaning to share what I've been doing for the past few weeks, but haven't had the time. I got a lot done, with most of it to do with air and marine craft. I'm currently focusing on trying to make a LHD that works and looks right. I'm basing my current craft off of the HMAS Canberra:

article-2649022-1E79E67100000578-861_634

images_13.jpg

There will probably be a ton, but pictures up soon... :wink:

10 hours ago, DDRocketsInc said:

Thank you. I love keeping them simple. Next level is to make probes large enough with enough DV to get into orbit a long way from Kerbin.

I don't know about you, but I'm a big fan of Ion-powered probes. Being a religious user of the SCANsat mod, I've used Ion power to get me everywhere in the Kerbol system. You might want to consider it. :cool:

vbKSXTD.png

This started as a mistake - a more conventional station with just one ring. But I accidentally reattached a wedge section vertically, and immediately saw that a sphere station was necessary.  Still working on the details to get the sections to dock up to itself all around

49 minutes ago, fourfa said:

vbKSXTD.png

This started as a mistake - a more conventional station with just one ring. But I accidentally reattached a wedge section vertically, and immediately saw that a sphere station was necessary.  Still working on the details to get the sections to dock up to itself all around

Looks like a tiny, pale, Deep Space 9. :cool: