What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

11 hours ago, TheJollyDodger said:

Yeah I have that. I was just so excited I figured out how to get to orbit reliably that I plumb forgot about the need for the extra seat (Or to make an unmanned pod) haha

Reminds me of my first time playing KSP way back in the days of .14 or so. I quickly slapped together a rocket and launched it, exiting the instructions window. Immediately I thought "Wait... How do I ignite the engines?" After a moment I just started mashing keys, and I happened to hit d and my rocket fell over like a tree in slow motion. *Kaboom!* Eagerness often leads to facepalms.

Anyways, I gave my E-50 new high aspect ratio blades and sealed up the engine compartment. It will now fly over 60m/s effortlessly. None of that saves it from the dreaded dmp vessel-changed-in-future bug.

2017-04-14%2014-17-26.png

Most craft can be saved from this bug by syncing to the future-most person, but not helicopters. Their rotor will disappear if I sync. A bit of a catch 22.

I also suffered the consequences of accidentally tapping the airbrakes at Mach 1.8.

2017-04-14%2016-47-13.png

Don't ask me how my Kerbal survived falling from 18000ft. He's just badass like that. 

2017-04-14%2016-49-29.png

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

Today I got to see Jeb get to the SPH really early. There he met 8 other Kerbals.

Guys and Gals.

They boarded a Tiny-Little-Jet built by Bill with money from the tip jar by the coffee machine.

8gSqDXlg.png

Jeb buzzed the tower without joy. Other than the flying that is.

The tower is not even manned at that time of day.

0cHxbReg.png

Sunrise over the sea.

1LEM6ysg.png

Oh. I see they are going to the Island Airport.

WQOOnkTg.png

That's funny Jeb isn't going for the runway.

jEWeqvVg.png

Still can't tell why they are here or what they are going to see.

SaHoyhLg.png

lUAxRxh.png

The annual softball game between the KSC and the Island-Runway-Memorial-Maintenance-Crew can now will soon begin.

Play ball!

Later they will be joined by others for the Interdepartmental Games, picnic and family oriented activities.

ME

Edited by Martian Emigrant

[1.2.1 Career Save Year 3 Day 347] The Minmus Orbital Science Laboratory (MiOSL 1) Space Station was the first that DDRocketsInc launched in the first year of the Kombined Kerbin Space Program. During it's operation it has produce many thousand science points processing experiments for multiple landings on the surface of Minmus. The habitation module was upgraded under contract, but towards the end of the third year the station was showing her age with no space for expansion. So the Station underwent a "refit".

MiOSL 1 prior to refit.

TX3fShY.png

Multiple launches lifted new components into orbit while RCS tugs rearranged existing components in orbit.

M9uTAnQ.jpg

The MiOSL 1 Refit has been completed. New ISRU and structural components will be added in the coming months to compliment the Minmus mining operations.

MjYs2Zr.png

qE1g4Dh.png

2 long days of tweaking, fixing, more fixing modding .. applying other peoples mods and.... convincing myself that yes, its finished and its ready for the mainline, stop adding things! 

finally this happened :)

Edited by Overland

8 hours ago, Martian Emigrant said:

The Mun change place everyday so it will take a full orbit or the Mun to have an eclipse at the same spot.

There will be one a day in different spots along the equator.....Everyday.

Physically impossible.  When the Mun is full, its shadow goes out into interplanetary space.  Geometrically, there are three days each orbit when Mun is further from the sun than Kerbin.  In fact, there can only be a single eclipse (lasting as long as it takes Mun's shadow to cross Kerbin) once per "Munth", when  Mun passes between Kerbin and the sun.  Given Kerbin's rapid rotation, that eclipse may well be visible from every point on the equator, sequentially, when it occurs (haven't diagrammed Kerbin's rotation vs. Mun's orbit, to verify how long Mun's shadow takes to cross Kerbin) -- but I guarantee you there is only one (long) eclipse per Munth (6-ish Kerbin days)

TOUCHDOWN !! My very first manned Duna Landing in career mode ! Look at Lanne Kerman, she is so happy and can't believe it. :D

YCLjmGw.jpg

Then she went for a walk to explore Duna's surface and took some science data. She also planted a flag.

OYsWvJ0.jpg

Here is a amazing screenshot. It shows 5 planets seen in the night sky.

rDwPCJt.jpg

The following is an excerpt from "The Untold History of the Kerbal Space Program", by Anonymous Kerman.

So we had finally gotten a contract to explore Laythe. And it was long overdue. We spent a lot of time around Jool in those days, bouncing around the various moons. The bright-blue world seemed sometimes so close you could reach out and touch it. We all dreamed of walking its surface, but the director was a notorious cheapskate who would only launch a rocket if there was money to be made. He was fond of saying "no rockets without profits" whenever someone suggested a mission. The World's First people could be counted on for what amounted to gas money, but it would take more than that to get the okay for this mission. And now that we had real money in hand, with the promise of more in the future, we finally had the green light.

We had previously sent a survey probe to scan the surface, (minerals mean money), so we knew there was ore to be had. It was decided that a 2-man vessel would land, drill for ore, and convert it to fuel for the journey home. It was saddled with the whimsical name Sea Breeze, since it would be sent to a spit of land in the middle of the ocean.

There was a lot of excitement around the Kerbonaut Center. Our first trip to a world with oxygen and water. Who would get to take this momentous flight?  Valentina Kerman was campaigning for the honor. She felt that it was only right to send a woman to Kerbin's "sister-world". This was greeted with enthusiasm by the men. Most felt that Valentina was a great pilot. And everyone agreed she was easy on the eyes. If you had to be locked in a tiny capsule with someone for years on end, she was the obvious choice. But then the word came down from on high. Jebediah Kerman himself had volunteered for the mission. We should've known. The guy was a legend. Who better to lead such a ground-breaking flight?

The real surprise came when a young engineer named Jonier Kerman was picked to accompany the great man. He would operate the drills and monitor the resource converter. Much jealousy ensued.

We weren't too sure about the atmosphere, if it would be a tough launch or not, so experience and guesswork was used to make the ship as light (and cheap) as possible. The 2 Kerbals were packed up and sent off on little more than a wing and a prayer.

The mission was going by the numbers until they reached Laythe orbit. The bean counters had come up short and now our 2 Kerbonauts didn't have enough fuel to land. The mission should've died right there, but Jeb wasn't the best in the business for nothing. He just dipped down to 45km and let Laythe do the rest. After 8 or 9 passes through the upper atmosphere (accounts vary), the Sea Breeze finally passed the point of no return and came in for a landing. Of course, "land" is a relative term on Laythe. The islands are so small, a precise flight plan is needed. However, their original LZ was a dream at this point. Any dry land would do.

Here, Jeb proved his worth again. Running on fumes, he feathered the engines to bring his ship down on the nearest island. He seemed to overshoot it, but then something odd happened. He was suddenly a few kilometers up and on course. Almost like he had somehow restarted his approach. Strange. It was probably just some type of delay with the relay sat.

At any rate, we had a near-calamitous moment when the chutes didn't pop 'til 1200 meters above the surface. That may sound high up, but at 300 m/s, it's less than 4 seconds away from getting pancaked. They fully opened at less than 300 meters. Bio-med sensors at the time showed Jeb's pulse never climbed above 75. I would've messed my spacesuit. Guy was made of stone.

He used his last bit of fuel to touch down nice and easy at 2 m/s. Textbook.

Now we had another "hold your breath moment". Jonier lowered the drills and we all waited to see if we would get the dreaded "ore concentration too low" message.

But no. Luck was with us and the drills started pumping. Satisfied, Jeb jumped out to do his hero thing on the surface. He planted the flag, grabbed a jar of dirt, took a report (and one last look around), then headed back to the ship with another notch on his belt and the soil of yet another world on his boots.

In the meantime, mission control had noticed something odd. Though the drills were pumping, the ship was not being refueled. Jonier was ordered to check the converter. Even more odd, the liquid fuel/oxidizer was engaged, but nothing was happening. And that's when the horror, that none who were there will ever forget, hit us all at the same moment.

There were no ore tanks on the vessel.

Entire mission busted. Three years down the drain. Two Kerbals stranded on an alien world. One of them a living legend. The entire space program was humiliated.

Heads were gonna roll for this one.

Note that the government has consistently denied that any such mission ever took place. They claim that "The Untold History" is "a tome of exaggerations, alterations, and outright fabrications", referring to the author as "a slanderous liar with no credibility, out to make a quick buck". They maintain that Jebediah Kerman retired to a secluded island to avoid the constant media scrutiny he receives as a national hero.

No word on whether that "secluded island" is located on Laythe.

Edited by Cpt Kerbalkrunch

Update for the Tarsiss 6 Expedition.

The spaceplane is captured with the claw again.

Qzlo8l3.jpg

Thereafter, the front part is first undocked and fixed again to the probe.

NLsbjYa.jpg

Now the drivetrain is also brought to its place.

Oa695UZ.jpg

Landing on Lilli to refuel. Then the Journey continues towards Gratian.

Hza7Kms.jpg

Arrival at Gratian.

kUUxLVY.jpg

Mounting Gratian SSTO Part 1

ZOJEXPJ.jpg

Mounting Gratian SSTO Part 2

OMkwuBj.jpg

Aerobraking for landing on the surface

X5wbcxp.jpg

I go into the gliding flight and look for a suitable landing place.

8xhzl4O.jpg

The landing. 

smKTfKH.jpg

Since I can not do anything useful again, I start again soon.

grn2PBW.jpg

The SSTO reaches the orbit at 658 m/s dV left.

wBcVqs6.jpg

I put everything back on the probe.

hEgUPQI.jpg

And fly to Geminus to refuel.

xb9SckQ.jpg

In orbit, I notice that the TWR is very low, just 1.25 with half-full tanks. Have I forgotten
something about the construction?:huh: The landing is quite difficult, since I can not brake fast enough.

k2u7RDs.jpg

It worked somehow after two attempts.

WsM7VMW.jpg

After filling up, I only have a TWR of 0.93. What is wrong?:/
I change into the map mode and look at the values. Oh excrements - the gravity is higher than that of
Icarus.:o The probe was designed only for Icarus, since I assumed that this is the largest body.
After all, Geminus is only a moon. Then comes the saving idea. I turn on the dart engine and get
the thrust needed. The TWR rises to 1.38. That was all planned! God, I am lucky.:D
Currently the probe is now on the way to Otho to land on Jannah, then I have met 4 of 6 conditions.

Greetings

In celebration of @RocketPCGaming's 1st anniversary of streaming on April 16, I've been at this since Thursday: setting up a Ceti station and an array of supporting vehicles in his honor. This takes 5 launches... Well, 6, if I include the pair of polar relay probes also dispatched to deal with blackout when Ceti blocks it from Gael.

Imgur Gallery with 14 pics and exposition per image here: 

This spaceplane, inspired by his Dreamchaser-alike return shuttle follows his catchphrase "Going Vertical." Kerbalized, he takes 4 engineers up and becomes the first crew aboard for the colonization effort to follow. I also remade his flag so I can customize the Decal Stickers mod and brand the plane and its lifter.

I made my own day with the screenshot of the station restoring its orbit on Lithium engines. I find it as epic as the screenshot(s) of my OPT station.

nwyo7FH.jpg

KvK96Av.jpg

6Retn82.jpg

PHQMF00.jpg

kfUEUHJ.jpg

1 hour ago, astroheiko said:

Update for the Tarsiss 6 Expedition.

The spaceplane is captured with the claw again.

Qzlo8l3.jpg

Thereafter, the front part is first undocked and fixed again to the probe.

NLsbjYa.jpg

Now the drivetrain is also brought to its place.

Oa695UZ.jpg

Landing on Lilli to refuel. Then the Journey continues towards Gratian.

Hza7Kms.jpg

Arrival at Gratian.

kUUxLVY.jpg

Mounting Gratian SSTO Part 1

ZOJEXPJ.jpg

Mounting Gratian SSTO Part 2

OMkwuBj.jpg

Aerobraking for landing on the surface

X5wbcxp.jpg

I go into the gliding flight and look for a suitable landing place.

8xhzl4O.jpg

The landing. 

smKTfKH.jpg

Since I can not do anything useful again, I start again soon.

grn2PBW.jpg

The SSTO reaches the orbit at 658 m/s dV left.

wBcVqs6.jpg

I put everything back on the probe.

hEgUPQI.jpg

And fly to Geminus to refuel.

xb9SckQ.jpg

In orbit, I notice that the TWR is very low, just 1.25 with half-full tanks. Have I forgotten
something about the construction?:huh: The landing is quite difficult, since I can not brake fast enough.

k2u7RDs.jpg

It worked somehow after two attempts.

WsM7VMW.jpg

After filling up, I only have a TWR of 0.93. What is wrong?:/
I change into the map mode and look at the values. Oh excrements - the gravity is higher than that of
Icarus.:o The probe was designed only for Icarus, since I assumed that this is the largest body.
After all, Geminus is only a moon. Then comes the saving idea. I turn on the dart engine and get
the thrust needed. The TWR rises to 1.38. That was all planned! God, I am lucky.:D
Currently the probe is now on the way to Otho to land on Jannah, then I have met 4 of 6 conditions.

Greetings

woah whos skybox are you using?

Edited by kerbinorbiter

Well, first time heading to the moon today! Actually managed a landing and a return flight to Kerbin safe and sound. Haha, lessons learned though: First, bring an

engine with more TWR and a little more fuel for getting back, And secondly, make sure your lander legs are lower than your engine cowling (makes for tough landings if its not lol)

vmdU5mi.jpg

Finally made it!

N1SZa9m.jpg?1

Doing a little exploration...

kAU4y9a.jpg

Sketchy landing but it worked!

lwzjDic.jpg

This was the closest I've ever been to running out of fuel without actually getting stranded! I had to resort to using my two little rcs thrusters to re-insert into Kerbin orbit! 

Talk about stressful! Thank goodness for aero braking, otherwise poor Jeb would be waiting on a rescue mission right now!

Fly dangerous!

The Dodger

Work continued on base assembly.

screenshot176_zpsa9ctxylp.png

However someone in the dispatch department didn't read the labels correctly resulting in MunBase receiving V2.1 modules instead of V2.0. Which wasn't picked up on until both LS storage units were emplaced and jacked up. "Err Kerbin that's a major fail repeat we have a major fail situation".

screenshot177_zpsuvup3elw.png

Looks like someone's actually going to have to visit with some longer legs and a sonic screwdriver. Still at least the KTV receiver is working....

Hey,hay,hiy,hoy guys!                                                              (well thats a hell of an awkward introduction)

So i didn't make a lot of manned launches but had one that is very exciting! So it will go first!

1. Launch of "Karrelia'' shuttle! It is the very first  shuttle of mine,that actually carries a payload!-4 NAS-TY (Neon Atmospheric Spektrometer-termographical you (scans atmospheric temperature flows)) satellites

The 3rd shuttle of mine!

M41S3Iy.png 1djNqT8.png

Ua3rfxD.png moX6lJM.png

2CQHfjH.png 4a2nP29.png

2. The new record made! The longest fall from an orbit of my space agency! Roky Kerman crossed 86000m in his spacesuit and safely landed back at KSC!

3u7Dgte.png uaou7TR.png

Qt67E1l.png gk3l9fY.png

3. Arrival of "Zeus"(Visit-3) at Joolian system! It made its orbit around Jool using a gravity assist from Tylo! And it also deployed a probe ("Zeus") to lbe the first thing to land on Vall!

lsobMWI.png CJK1TsG.png

obkGLRK.png

4. The "Priroda;" module launched to the "Triangulurum". This module involves experiments that are mainly based on astrobiology!

AiDTgxi.png p0Nr8cU.png

CEx08wz.png

5. BREAKING NEWS: ANOTHER FRICKING ASTEROID GOT AN ORBIT AROUND KERBIN!

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?/??/1!1!!111!!

Ok73hIB.png