What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

4 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Looks like the right scale for:

R2gIBZk.jpg

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine. 

She's gone from suck to blow!...  Can you guess my luggage combination? 

Oh no my brain is overloading with space ball quotes.....

I took little break from working on a public speaking class presentation and ended up making this "little" RC jet.

2017-04-19%2021-24-50.png

2017-04-19%2021-34-13.png

Probably would be banned. It's about 1,250kg, can go more than 240m/s, and pulls almost 20g without slowing down much. It would probably go supersonic with adjustments for area ruling.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

I put the finishing touches on my F-22 Raptor (this was an extremely quick build - only two days), and did a few test flights.

2JWXJJs.png

Here's the beast herself. I changed the wings and nose up from yesterday to better match the actual profile. The underside is a bit too flat, but that's really a KSP problem, not a problem with the design (round stuff is hard to render using flat stuff. Gee whiz).

6oI5IS0.png

I then took a stab at flying it alongside my YF-23 to replicate the flight trials. It ended with me realizing that the YF-23 isn't quite up to snuff with my recent stuff, so I'll probably redo it soon.

Just made my own version of the F-14, I name it the Kermman F-14 Tomcat. Fully Operational, Even the wings which I'm so proud of.

Edited by TheDARKOMETER
Missed some details and added a video that shows the wing actually working.

I woke up early, so I thought I could play some KSP :D.

8FAkubd.jpg

First, I landed a probe on the surface of Pol.

Then I visited one easter egg on Minmus:

Spoiler

kqo3lux.jpg

I also accepted a new contract to put a new orbital station in orbit around the sun.

g1Qegab.jpg

I never had such a massive payload :0.0:.

Here is my station:

NuPZYl9.jpg

(1.1.3) Spent my time yesterday refueling, mainly. Sent down the Spamcan 7 lander to the Deepwater Horizon refinery on Minmus first:

aabO9zB.png
Spamcan 7 (center foreground) at touchdown, with the remains of Jiffy Lube 7 (left), Deepwater Horizon (center background) and the crane rover Lunkhead (right).

I get the impression the little monoprop lander will work very well on the minty moon. I plan on using it to send engineer Phovie Kerman at DH on her repair mission to fix the Bullet Bill 7 probe; intent is to launch it on a polar orbit, make the repairs and come back to the refinery when it swings back around. Hopefully it'll all be that simple.

I still needed to refuel the Minmusport space station in the wake of the recent visit by Next Objective, so the station's Old Bessie 7 lander was sent down to pick up fuel, landing close enough to Deepwater Horizon to hook up with KAS winches and refuel directly. I had intended to pick up the Spamcan with Lunkhead and haul it into refueling range, but the damn electromagnet decided it no longer wanted to behave. Probably will have to send a replacement. Wound up having to use Lunkhead to bridge the distance and refuel the 'can that way. 

Next session I plan to send Old Bessie back to Minmusport, recharge Deepwater Horizon's fuel stores, and then sent Phovie on her way. Scientists Danwig and Isavie are currently at DH and if all goes according to plan, they can ride the Spamcan back to Minmusport when Phovie returns. And they can run the refinery if something goes horribly wrong (a scientist can hook up a winch cable if nothing else...).

And hot on the heels of my Gilly mission, my unmanned Moho fuel outpost has also arrived at its destination.

66s9HPs.jpg

I screwed its trajectory up a bit and ended up arriving in a retrograde orbit, but considering how slowly Moho rotates that didn't cause too much of a problem. Besides, once you're landed it doesn't matter what kind of orbit you came in on. Speaking of which:

mjtyUAe.png

The landing went smoothly and the outpost promptly got to work generating ore and fuel. Given the lack of an on-site engineer as well as the use of light-weight but inefficient equipment for mining and converting the process is going slowly, but it's still definitely going. It's got about 150 days to generate enough fuel to fill its transport tug back up so that the tug can set off for Eve with the next transfer window (to take on fuel at Gilly before returning to Kerbin) so hopefully it'll be ready in time. After that it'll just be a matter of waiting for my science ship to arrive to conduct manned landings on the planet (since the outpost's main purpose is to provide enough fuel to allow the science ship to return home after its mission.) That'll be a while yet, though, since said science ship hasn't been launched yet and will be flying to Gilly before heading to Moho.

Got up early to play KSP before worked.  Added boosters and struts to my largest single launch yet.  Finally got over a major case of the wiggles and put the thing in orbit with 115 m/s left in the tank.  Next up is orbital assembly.  Pics to come tonight.

Hi guys! Sadly the monitor of my computer was broken by me... i wanted to give up ,but there were 2 things that held me back from falling into the void!

1.) My pet pug looked at me like ''Bro,do you really  think i will let you give up?"

2.) Being are Russian and having a problem means only 2 things- You don't have problems. You are terminating a problem in progress.

So,lets get back 2 topic, shall we?

1.Launch of the "Niezhe" shuttle. And no,it is not a shuttle the you are thinking of..

wBwSooT.png  yhQ5kwe.png

0WKoUzO.png HFk9Fwt.png

zGWcsRs.png V8fmgVg.png

2. Launch of the "Siyaniye" (eng:the glow) It is a small training mission involving a craft which is mainly based on SRBs! I really enjoy making small missions that are not like "Were building a small rocket on top of an another rocket that will go to space,and with  another rocket to go to another freakin dimension"omic0m2.png  6mTGyZD.png

bPYKfG1.png NTbjYLb.png

3. First module of the ''Skydive'' station is sent to LKO. The skydive mission involves dropping small things from space (including kerbals) to watch them behave in the upper atmosphere!

GHbS0VT.png MIFnfCn.png

QiPDDzW.png

4. And as a small "bonus" test of aerobrakes performed by an old ICBM "Warper". I like to use my old military technologies for science!

Ku84WIz.png 

tSUwFht.png

5. I can confirm that asteroid is captured in orbit! Here is the prove:

(come on sceptics,come at me,my body is ready!)))

FEepWGl.png

L9pqey5.png

Edited by cratercracker

I'm not a fan of small dogs, but pugs are an exception for reasons like this.

1 hour ago, cratercracker said:

1.) My pet pug looked at me like ''Bro,do you really  think i will let you give up?"

As for my KSP time, I've been quite busy getting ready to move to the other side of the continent, so things are hit or miss. After a recent GPP update, however, I decided to go ahead and start a story driven career which has been quite enjoyable. Once I get some actual free time, I plan on doing up a mission log similar to what others have posted. Hopefully I don't bore anyone with it :rolleyes: Right now I'm working on an introduction for it but it is -s l o w- going. 

7 hours ago, Julien Kerman said:

Then I visited one easter egg on Minmus:

Reveal hidden contents

kqo3lux.jpg

Thank you so much for hiding this! I wish everyone would do that. I get nervous browsing this thread because I'm afraid of spoiling the surprises.

Hey all Kerbolite.

Yesterday I built a simple SSTO

5FGWoDs.png

And sent it to dock with venerable Skylab

WGwCoRe.png

Today I put the finishing touches to Jool Station.
YkM1Oqz.png

It currently has a skeleton crew of 4 Oops 3 to test the various systems.
Room for a little over 500 Kerbals.

Tomorrow it should be on it's way to Jool with intent to achieve orbit around Laythe.

ME
Edited by Martian Emigrant

So today Jeb was supossed supposed (I can do English me)to test our new heatshielded helmet, but apparently nobody has seen him....

Since the test must go on we volunteered Val for the job.

0E1dJeN.png

xf67tdo.png

51KHmIe.png

plLdm8V.png

Edited by Triop

51 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

"With zees wunderwaffles, ze kerbin empire shall take over zee planet!"

*proest*, just spilled my "coffee" all over my keyboard, came out my nose, good laugh. :lol:

Going for the Nobel Price Prize (not my day) with my Kollider, I'll be the first to find the "Kod" particle...Evil genius smilie --->:ph34r:

1M9QoEM.png

Edited by Triop

I've wanted to do this for a looong time. I had to build the mods I needed to do what I wanted, and with Buffalo Wings finally done, I can! Exploring Kerbin is not something I've done before, so this should be fun! Not sure what the format will be, so I'm kind of experimenting a bit. This occurs in the same S.A.V.E. as Test Flight.

In preparation for the new astronaut class’ training mission, the Kerman States Naval Ship Akron (ZR-4), is prepped for flight. She's temporarily commanded by Liscella, who is actually the First Officer of the KSNS Akron. Liscella moves Akron away from the runway so that her complement of vehicles can come aboard.

S1xQ6lf.png

A few minutes later, the Ganges, the Akron's capsule recovery and cargo craft, rolls onto the runway and lifts off. Ganges is piloted by Kimgee, the airship’s Landing Signal Officer.

ip5Kwod.png

With the old airship nearby, it doesn't take long to approach the aft flight deck. It's a narrow deck, but Ganges' compressed air RCS thrusters and hover autopilot make coming aboard relatively easy.

JyCaJlt.png

7GO6Pb4.png

The tiltrotor lands onto the deck and stows its rotors before taking the elevator down.

F9ffQIB.png

GNMftFw.png

It's a tight fit below decks, but with the rotors folded, Ganges is able to latch onto its tie-down point. Kimgee takes a moment to look around in the hangar bay, then rides the elevator back to the flight deck.

gLxFBhI.png

She starts unpacking supplies in the conning tower, getting ready for the trainees.

bpTPLPY.png

Meanwhile, Raphia & Mosa Akron’s Chief Engineer and Chief Science Officer, respectively, leave the Spaceplane Hangar in a brand new prototype Buffalo rover. Based on the Munar Surface Rover design- an un-kermanned probe almost ready to go to the Mun- the prototype provides an airtight environment to explore airless worlds with. The training mission has the honor of putting the new rover through its paces- Akron is a working mobile classroom, after all.

nDkOAT0.png

l8be61f.png

Without much fanfare, the rover, dubbed “Fido” by Raphia, boards Akron’s cargo ramp and is secured to the old airship.

ArPuvOq.png

With all but the captain aboard, who will arrive in the morning, Liscella launches the Akron and flies her out to Donna Katalina Island, where an abandoned airfield still stands. It had an important part in the early space program, and the site of the first training exercise...

j0PYqXD.png

8qpARTu.png

Akron carefully maneuvers itself and sets down next to the old hangars.

7N8LACy.png

The crew meets in the ship’s briefing room to share an evening meal and watch as the Titan Brumby 4 (TB-4) mission rolls out to the pad. It should fly in the morning as long as there aren't any surprises. They won’t see the launch in person, but they’ll get a good view on the big screen…

5 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I've wanted to do this for a looong time. I had to build the mods I needed to do what I wanted, and with Buffalo Wings finally done, I can! Exploring Kerbin is not something I've done before, so this should be fun! Not sure what the format will be, so I'm kind of experimenting a bit. This occurs in the same S.A.V.E. as Test Flight.

OK, that's the last straw... I need to make an airship now... :D