What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

OK so today i focused a lot more on building planes, I mean, I've gone to the moons of Jool but I haven't sent a single plane. Because I SUCK at building them.

First I tried to do a MK2 plane just to travel easily around the planet...

z9iyOJr.jpg

Ended up having a nice and fast boat...

But I managed to get that design right. Then I tried something bigger, tried to do a Shuttle with the knowledge learned before. I managed to make it barely fly, and I thought, now, let's attach it to the main rocket...

It didn't work. It was very unstable. And I said, F. those Kerbals...

DsLo2yV.jpg

Turning...

bD4gJSg.jpg

Ending the turn...

2azj8cf.jpg

Aiming...

7wb2JSl.jpg

I barely hit it with my wings and flew above it...:mad:

h25hiU6.jpg

And... I still suck at building planes, I think that I will never be able to make a Single Plane To the Sky.

Edited by Cristy2017

"Approaching Kerbin Space Station ... looking good... "

"Wait... where you said was that docking port?"

"We are equipped with the wrong one"

"Lets try this one"

"Does it fit?"

"Define fit"

"Can we dock?"

"No"

"We can't dock"

*Manual override*

"There comes a moment -"

*whoooshes into space*

Lessons learned today:

1. Shuttles suck

2. put on the correct docking port

3. Shuttles belong to a museum in KSC

4. Shuttles suck

Edited by hendrack

Today I have fulfilled this contract. There are a lot of pictures, so I hide them in the spoilers.

NCtBUrk.jpg

In addition, I had some inexperienced kerbals, so I have completed the mission with 5 kerbals. In the orbit was still the old mother ship from the flight to Otho and so I had to send only a new Lander. First the landing on Eta:

Spoiler

eM2t0g7.jpg

WFjf1qY.jpg

Then I wanted to refuel the mothership to return to Gael.

Spoiler

sp7ndND.jpg

3NnvWsD.jpg

GgLD9gb.jpg

I noticed that the mothership has enough thrust to land on Eta too. So I docked the lander and landed with the whole thing.

Spoiler

z6aeCor.jpg

swzcOPk.jpg

After the refueling it went back home.

Spoiler

BGsydtm.jpg

8DfjQSL.jpg

4sDQI2u.jpg

I became brave and tried to try the same on Ceti. It's worked out.

Spoiler

KON0Xhy.jpg

PGc0Jce.jpg

LH36uzI.jpg

Then the same on Iota.

Spoiler

CWMWUyn.jpg

DM9XDfi.jpg

Finally, I then hit an orbit around Gael.

Spoiler

AJFvSDs.jpg

KLTMKOS.jpg

Now I just have to land the lander again on Gael to meet the contract. But parachutes are missing and so I have sent a small probe with Crewcabins and parachutes.

Spoiler

8yrBaC5.jpg

yfJhwea.jpg

Then I dared to descend. It was a little hot, so I helped with the engines to reduce the speed.

Spoiler

BpDtx2I.jpg

ZQ3JpT5.jpg

bH0AI07.jpg

4 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

I like those wings a lot.

Thanks. They were actually based off of Hazard-ish's Laythe craft. Personally, I like them a lot too.

10 hours ago, qzgy said:

So technically, it doesn't really work like the ones used by the military, but it does produce the same effect.

Ah nice - I think I did it the military way - I embedded the LY-05 wheels in the cargo bay upside down, and had the pallet roll straight out the back.  Thanks for showing the detail :)

SM

I'm testing my newest design of superheavy kerbin-mun ore carrier. Successfully reached mun orbit with enough fuel to make it to the surface, mine, relaunch and return, but failed during touchdown on mun surface since apparently the engine breaks during landing because of sheer mass of my contraptions. Well, time to go back to a drawing board

10 hours ago, cratercracker said:

Don't get political. Please.Please.Please.Please.

(i'm Russian,and this somehow offends me,but don't mind me,mind forum rules)

Now how can I take this seriously when you liked my post below it where my MiG 21 just shot down the tank.... :lol:

Relax dude, Kerea is not a real country, this is just a game.

Btw, I love Russia.:cool:

Edited by Triop

Tried to make a replica of a HP.80 Victor (British V-Bomber).

Spoiler

YLlCfYw.png

Takeoff. Yeah, it doesn't have 6 engines. Through the magic of part clipping, it has.... 18 wheesleys, or about 6 goliaths.

E1R8ogA.png

Goes supersonic.

zKnJVqC.png

Back view.

xBogfxK.png

Front view. I think it looks quite okay.

9lMaYUa.png

Bombing test.

CVF2GDG.png

Missed the target. If this wasn't KSP, it would probably have been a nuke, making dead precision unnecessary. But it got a nice trajectory.

4g17ekk.png

Landing is .... an issue.

Bob deploys a small science beacon on Ceti before the whole gang heads back home.  This mission to Ceti hit 3 biomes and has been a bonanza! 

tfuKJIl.jpg

After the trip, we came home.  Splashdown at sunrise, boy thats pretty.

AtwnEOX.jpg

Edited by klesh
Added splashdown pic.

Started playing with airships, ended up with amphibious seaplane which can land on belly.

Fairing is really OP, it has basically infinite impact tolerance. Structural failure is the only possible cause of explosions given that all parts are shaded in the fairing.
Edited by Reusables
album won't update :{

The Von Kerman Space Telescope was placed into a cismunar orbit...  but due to poor planning, it was not oriented correctly for solar cells to catch the sun's light, and it was dead in space.  (Some small solar cells placed on the side of the telescope to avoid just such an eventuality were, by chance, shaded by the scope itself...)

A rescue mission was mounted, and Eileen and Bill rendezvoused with the scope with the assistance of a Seba-D upper stage docking target and gave the scope a nudge... just enough to set it into a slow tumble so the emergency solar cells could be used to resuscitate the entire telescope.    Once the main solar cells were deployed, Eileen and Bill returned to Kerbin; a job well-done.

Good thing nothing like that ever happens IRL, huh?   :confused:

7 minutes ago, JoeNapalm said:

I hope there's a return vehicle in that cargo bay! :D

-Jn-

Keep your hope :D Luckily it was unamanned due to shortage of kerbals that aren't stuck in orbit like Bob here

20170426183444_1.jpg

Edited by Numerlor

6 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

Keep your hope :D Luckily it was unamanned due to shortage of kerbals that aren't stuck in orbit like Bob here

Happens.

The black band on the Kerbol ribbon in my sig is for one of Anand Kerman's clones that was lost in deep orbit as the result of a freak TIE fighter replica christening accident. Was unable to recover him on several attempts (eventually lost that entire save to the Kraken).

I still sometime imagine him staring out the view port at the drone rescue vehicle that actually made it to him, but too low on fuel for a return attempt, and wonder what he must be thinking...

"They could have at least sent some snacks!"

-Jn-

Edited by JoeNapalm

Hello guys? How is goin' huh?                                                                                              i better stop introducing this way...

So here is some things i was doing lately:

1.Launch of the "Blue Dawn" mission. I was sick with my HyperEdited bases,so to i wanted to prove myself that i can do interesting things without using HyperEdit. So here is it ,in it's own minimalistic ,but fascinating way.

RnymTm8.png 1x4ErJi.png

2. The "Emperor" mission. This is the largest 2.5m rocket i ever built. It was sent to Duna. Soon,it will descent to the surface and after that,the "Blue Dawn" modules will land nearby. (why would you land a lander near the base,if you can land a base near a lander. logicc). So yeah,laucnhing at early morning,that is my way.

QAMbbQ0.png 5FSZ812.png

CVbkIbM.png gR1aG01.png

mAN2BGL.png xkAqRzH.png

3. Test of an old warhead "Oak".I wanted to turn war machines,into a explorers and scientists. I feal good whenever i do so. Its new usage is delivering small cargo in between peninsulas of Kerbin.

6rtvvb4.png V0IMVIa.png

cR5xRMs.png

4.Laucn of the an other Mk-3 to the "Triangulurum". The crew had 3 missions-depart "Priroda' to the low orbit,depart "Ursa" resupply vehicle into its last voyage. And about Priroda module:it will be recovered by the first mk3 shuttle. Sorry didn't picture the launcher.

om514ts.png sxRV0ru.png

qylGhR9.png 5Oqdb8n.png

5.Tested a new plane-"Antipod-2". I like it is stable and has a quite low stall speed.

XYSCRf2.png WZY7CPX.png

7sBt3vj.png

6. Photo of the day: "Emperor" over Duna's valleys.

qabFJur.png

Edited by cratercracker

15 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

@cratercracker How can you keep doing all of that. If I wanted to do something like those things I would give up after few mins because nothing would encourage me, I haven't even been beyond duna without MJ/Cheats because of this

I slap my face realy hard

Drink 5 bottles of water

Say "I will fail" 6 times

Just do something.

Alright,alright i will tell the secret-i have serious problems with sleep,so when i don't sleep i get myself a piece of paper and draw stuff i will be doing. As a sidequest i just look at concepts/projects of real mission and copy them.

15 hours ago, Triop said:

Now how can I take this seriously when you liked my post below it where my MiG 21 just shot down the tank.... :lol:

Relax dude, Kerea is not a real country, this is just a game.

Btw, I love Russia.:cool:

No insult m8! Just wanted to warn you. Just in case. :)

You know there is "self-prevention" instinct  ,it is an example of something opposite ,i just thought ''Wow,nice jet,wow nice tank,but wait,has it something to do with current events?Nooooooooooooo i must tell!".

Edited by cratercracker

30 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

I slap my face realy hard

Drink 5 bottles of water

Say "I will fail" 6 times

Just do something.

Alright,alright i will tell the secret-i have serious problems with sleep,so when i don't sleep i get myself a piece of paper and draw stuff i will be doing. As a sidequest i just look at concepts/projects of real mission and copy them.

What is this fail you speak of?  I only see experimentation and testing. Among the wonders of the space age are many wrecks and the blood sweat and tears of those involved.  I'm on my 38th attempt at return from Jupiter "Flying Low".

Say "I will learn" instead.  /smirk  The cat doesn't smile in satisfaction from eating it's fill.  It smiles having caught the mouse it stalked for three days.

http://www.theonion.com/video/this-day-in-history-apollo-12-sent-to-moon-to-pick-29758

Edited by Bornholio