What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Lost again against those MiG 21s, the Mig 15s did fine, but I need to change some settings preventing them from crashing into the ground, they are so fast....<_<

This next battle is EPIC btw....Enjoy ! :cool:

Edited by Triop

5 hours ago, GDJ said:

Dude, it consumed 9,000 units of jet fuel just to go to the north pole!

Besides, what would I use the plane for? Moving an entire colony?? It's just too big to be useful unless I'm transporting an entire Saturn 5 rocket to KSC2.

5 hours ago, qzgy said:

I dare you to try.

Aaaaaand just like that I'm out of likes for the day again. :mad:

And I haven't even gotten thru this one thread. 

Yes, @GDJ, you have been challenged! Bring some absurd cargo to some absurd place!

Maybe... go full meta and use your absurd plane to bring another absurd plane some place absurd, then use it to return an absurd cargo to KSC!

also, what's that beast do to your framerate?

2 hours ago, Bornholio said:

What I did in KSP...was reduce by needing inspiriation  so i went and took pictures of my favorite rocket.

What the heck kinda weird-S park has most of a missile just lying around next to a picnic table and is that a flarping warship in the middle of Omaha?!

16 minutes ago, Triop said:

Lost again against those MiG 21s, the Mig 15s did fine, but I need to change some settings preventing them from crashing into the ground, they are so fast....<_<

This next battle is EPIC btw....Enjoy ! :cool:

Me: OH HE'S GOING TO PULL UP AT THE LAST SECOND AND BE A TOTAL BAD-

*Kaboom*

Me: ........................................ WELL THEN

21 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

What the heck kinda weird-S park has most of a missile just lying around next to a picnic table and is that a flarping warship in the middle of Omaha?!

Freedom park, near Eppley Airport in north Omaha, Nebraska.  Warship is a Mine/Antisubmarine ship named  the "Hazard".  Too good to be a pun.  A small submarine "Marlin" and a display of naval weapons, aircraft, nameplates, anchors and props.  It was badly flooded a few years ago and in need of repairs.  Vandals have not helped...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Park_(Omaha,_Nebraska)

The Talos is an amazing missile only hampered by its use of active guidance.  This one is missing the rear fins and casing.  It was a nuclear capable multi-role missile (anti-everything).  Neat factoid is that it has parts made of magnesium -Thorium that have a near "0" co-efficient of thermal expansion.  They allow the ramjet fuel system to operate at extreme temps without failing.http://www.okieboat.com/Talos history.html

Edited by Bornholio

40 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Yes, @GDJ, you have been challenged! Bring some absurd cargo to some absurd place!

Maybe... go full meta and use your absurd plane to bring another absurd plane some place absurd, then use it to return an absurd cargo to KSC!

also, what's that beast do to your framerate?

Yep. Already attached 6 parachutes and a pair of medium solid rocket boosters to the airframe. My Take-off speed increased by a whopping 0.06 Mach.

As for the frame rate, very little impact.

13 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Discovered a craft made almost entirely out of wing panels and elevons is very good at low speeds.

JGNEopF.png

Hah! I see you there, F-117 stealth fighter! You're right... um... no, that's a smudge...um... right... could have sworn it was right there a minute ago...

1 minute ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Hah! I see you there, F-117 stealth fighter! You're right... um... no, that's a smudge...um... right... could have sworn it was right there a minute ago...

Haha.

Not F-117. But the precursor.

F-117 for reference

f-117_96-051.jpg

Edited by qzgy

Just now, Julien Kerman said:

How did you get this "STS Flight Director" sticker ?

By doing the shuttle challenge? Its for mission STS-1b

The exploration of the Hox System slowly comes to the end. At the last station, the Annomalie, I make still a remembrance photo. In the upper right corner,
where the many small dots are, are almost all the planets in the Cirosystem. Only Nero and Leto are missing.

vk8H46p.jpg

We're done here and head off to Argo. The Rover remains at the monolith.

MBS5w6x.jpg

30 days later the crew is back at Argo and prepares to land.

stkjCf8.jpg

Where shall I land, so many hills?

m1zjh1i.jpg

Of course, the lander wants to land somewhere on a slope with 45 degrees inclination. Therefore, I place the SAS just before touchdown on
Radial Out and give only so much thrust that I can hold the height. With the thrusters I hover then so long through the area until I have a
flat place. The landscape can only be enjoyed by the crew after the landing.

p24IMtp.jpg

A fairly active moon, steaming and hissing everywhere.

oFafgB8.jpg

Again, there is a monolith, this time a green one.

XLs5pqs.jpg

After all biomes are explored there is still a reminder photo of the flag.

ztAaRAC.jpg

Now we are goiong to meet the mothership. First, the connector for the claw and the narrow band scanner must be placed in the cargobay. Then I dock the lander to

the mothership to make it full. One more time to land and then I can go to Gael.

ppHSrXG.jpg

After this docking everything is ready for the departure. I have as little oxidizer as possible to have as much dV as possible - a total of
9.512 m/s. 255 records are also on board.

z7uQ6gO.jpg

I have chosen a start orbit around Hox of 25000km with 0 degree inclination. The transfer window planner tells me i would need 31 years and
138 days travel time for a 100km orbit around Gael - required dV would be 4451 m/s. I try again to shorten the travel time and try to find a
better solution. After a long time try I manage to reach a travel time of 12 years and 140 days. A 100km orbit around Gael costs a total of
6690 m/s dV. Since I am saving almost 19 years of flight time are the 2250 m/s dV additional consumption well invested. Also, I have very
high dV reserves.

7bjE16I.jpg

I rescued failed mission, which lead to space station to exploding....

It all started with a rover...

Which visited some old probe....

Then I learned that central section, which was intended as ascent module, lacks cockpit capabilities so Val was unable to control it. Probe mounted on roof was upside-down, so steering was reverted... and it lacked antenna.... so when I left vicinity of probe I lost control... Oh, and MJ and KER were attached to rear section, so I had to eyeball everything, like some kind of savage.

After rather hard ascent and rendezvous I managed to transfer crew to return vehicle...

Of course I forgot to open solar panels so I did rather dangerous EVA at 69km for some quick charge. That's when I noticed I forgot parachutes...  At least I had spare fuel to stay in orbit. So Bill finally went to space, bolted on some chutes and took Bob to space station while Val went ballistic.

Station was built by drones, while Kerbonauts were flying between muns... and while after Bob finally got there that giant radio dish blocked all sunlight... Luckily two tug drones had enough RCS to rotate station around after Bill struted it a bit.

I decided that shade is unnecessary at this moment, so with screwdriver in hand Bill went out and detached problematic experiment. And then it exploded.

Eh...

Edited by PT

Really starting to make progress now. 

I have now completed several mun flyby missions with tourists aboard, launched a very simple space station into low kerbin orbit, managed orbital rendezvous missions and also just now completed a rescue mission by transferring the crew member by EVA to my rescue ship.

This is Haydy Kerman clinging to the outside of my ship before I transferred her into the crew cabin. Only 7 more of these rescues to do, but I need to modify my ship first lol to include some power gear first. The claw pod on the front of the ship was there incase I needed to grab her if her MMU jetpack ran out of fuel lol. If I can do this I should soon be able to attempt a docking mission.

18449617_775251429308574_653033064328871

It was yesterday evening, but what the heck

I was landing one of my emergency de-orbit pod for the KSP Weekly challenge and encountered a solar eclipse

1k0.jpg

I just love these little surprises :D

I just discovered a really cheaty way of saving information in secret on these forums. So, I was writing up a new post for my career game mission report series, but didn't have enough time to finish it - so I sent a PM to myself with the current  contents of the WIP update! I'm laughing so hard right now, because it says: 1 active member in this conversation, including you. :sticktongue::cool:

I did a lot of stuff today...

I made a rover for Iota with a new design, using structural fueslage upscaled to 2.5M

A rather ugly Kraken attacked my creation. BDArmory´s Physics Range Extender was the cause, but I dunno why.

Also, this is what happens when I have both FUR and BDArmory...

Edited by joacobanfield

Initial use of my Fairy Class recovery shuttle.  Lunar Lab with 8 scientist on board arrived from the Moon and 7 kerbs departed, leaving a lone scientist to attempt new FAI Record Crew duration.

Return

ymqDLEM.gif

Docking the lab. 

5XldnPO.pngmgGea4b.png

To bad something doesn't work right with the docking port.  Everyone EVA's over. /sigh

Xpn2VvJ.png

RO/RP-0 docking ports all look similar so its probably that they are miss-matched, or its the stupid bumper option.  Or the mod CLS i should never have installed...

bPurlLT.pngj6Tc14a.png

Edited by Bornholio