What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Right, guys, I need your help - I would like some suggestions for some alternate names for the 'Poodle' (RE-L10) and 'Mainsail' (RE-M3) engines. Because, I have an American rocket that currently uses those, and, quite frankly, having a Russian rocket, especially when my career is set during the '60s and '70s, that uses the same engines, is quite improbable. So, if any of you guys can suggest some alternate names for those engines, I'll be sure to use them! :) (Oh, yeah, and don't forget - I'll be very thankful as well!)

No longer needed!

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

37 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Right, guys, I need your help - I would like some suggestions for some alternate names for the 'Poodle' (RE-L10) and 'Mainsail' (RE-M3) engines. Because, I have an American rocket that currently uses those, and, quite frankly, having a Russian rocket, especially when my career is set during the '60s and '70s, that uses the same engines, is quite improbable. So, if any of you guys can suggest some alternate names for those engines, I'll be sure to use them! :) (Oh, yeah, and don't forget - I'll be very thankful as well!)

"Pudel'-sobaka" and "grot" come to mind...you know, the Russian translations of 'poodle' and 'mainsail', respectively...

Just now, capi3101 said:

"Pudel'-sobaka" and "grot" come to mind...you know, the Russian translations of 'poodle' and 'mainsa', respectively...

:D Great names, but, sadly, I was looking for something more along the lines of... actually, never mind. Your names will be used. Thank you!

41 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Keeping with the dog theme, maybe Samoyed for the poodle equivalent and... Idk for the mainsail... Need to do some searching. 

Edit: ninjaed

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

After a failed attempt at the Jool 5 challenge  (however failure has taught me a lot) I'm working on a new way of staging/placing my landers.

I tried an idea only to find under testing it was never going to work (thought my idea looked a little silly) so tonight I'm going to stack them in disposable containers in a straight stack.

This will work I believe if I first get an encounter with Tylo which I know isn't too difficult  (providing I don't do what I did last time and end up in orbit in the wrong direction) love this mental game! :)

Just now, CatastrophicFailure said:

...and the thing I found most amazing was the lack of landing gear. :/

You have to touchdown verry carefully :D but that's just practice. On my first grand tour I had landing legs plus one extra set of 4 landing legs that act as retractable dampers. 

Well, did some more tweaking, but I think she's as fast as I can make it.

Mach 2.19 in Dry mode.

Not that I'm complaining. Before I ran out of fuel it flew for a total of 1 hour 14 minutes on 300 units of fuel.

D4ywUQP.png

I made robotic rover which seems to work!

After my second failure I started from scratch.

1245 kg. 52 parts. 130 thousand funds. Three seats. Heck lot of science equipment! Six hydraulic stabilizers! Can do donuts at 30km/h on with all four wheels on ground! Can jump over landing strip, do a barrel roll, and drive away like nothing happened!

Meet Grasshopper!

I also switched observation cupola for bow docking port on my nuclear tug design and put second one in orbit in anticipation of Grasshopper extra terrestrial test drive. But its nothing interesting.

1 hour ago, GDJ said:

Well, did some more tweaking, but I think she's as fast as I can make it.

Mach 2.19 in Dry mode.

Not that I'm complaining. Before I ran out of fuel it flew for a total of 1 hour 14 minutes on 300 units of fuel.

D4ywUQP.png

What mod are you using to get the neat lil Mach display on the navball?

I went interplanetary on GPP for the first time. I picked a grand tour contract for Iota, Ceti, and Niven flybys and modified my standard Iota vehicle (Over 9000 d/V) for the task.

Also, I visisted a green monolith on Ceti with my new rover.

Those "spider legs" are my anti-roll mechanism.

My periapsis was 2500 metres. I almost crashed into a mountain...

9 KM/s !?!?! That´s my fastest non-kraken spaceship yet! (A lone MJ module is flying out of the solar system at 13000 KM/s as we speak)

Edited by joacobanfield
The Kraken typed enter for me. After tazing it twice, I clicked edit.

A single ship has done a planet wide anomaly run in a single mission, landing at almost every anomaly, both poles, and now sits precariously on a ledge I hope to be able to take off from to get to the final anomaly and then bring them home. Total mission elapsed time is about 2-3 days with some time warp to have anomalies appear in daylight. The craft being used can go > 2km/s in high atmosphere without burning up and hit space on its ramjet. Updates are coming in the form of a Project 3 that may use compressed air to allow it to be used beyond atmosphere. Oh, and did I mention that it has a lab, all science types (except the pressure test, I forgot to add it. Will correct later in the science bay.)

Craft available on Kerbalx: https://kerbalx.com/Maelstrom_Vortex/Project-Phoenix-2-Final

Spoiler

Landing on the summit of the Kerbin Radio Tower/Dish mountain spire.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146319939

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

20 minutes ago, Triop said:

Btw, I love your stuff dude, didn't we dogfight once or twice ? :cool:

Yeah, my Kraken Mk1 misses you. :wink:

11 minutes ago, Triop said:

My base is filled with old MiGs for some reason...P.m. me if you want to shoot some down. :ph34r:

:D

Mine seems to be filled with old prop planes and research jets.
BUT....I may have to dig out BDA and see what I can do.

55 minutes ago, Triop said:

Your Starfighter is a "research jet" ? :lol:

Yeah, kind of. Tweaking a coke-bottle fuselage for optimum drag at supersonic speeds is tricky business.
Y'know how it works: get the shape you want, put the wings in the appropriate places, fly, tweak the fuselage length and diameters, fly, tweak the ailerons, fly it again, tweak the tail control surfaces, fly it again, put in a tourist and get them to puke, fly it again, and so on.....

Research. Besides, the F-104 was a prototype once upon a time......
 :wink:

Edited by GDJ